Vacancy: SuperCoach Elite 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear SuperCoach superstars,

You may or may not have heard of the BigFooty SuperCoach Elite league.

The SuperCoach Elite concept was born in 2009 when rizzo decided to create a private league, handpicking the best of the best posters from BigFooty. Last year it ran with one division, placing second overall in the nation (after removing the Round 22 glitch) - and all this with a couple of teams who averaged about 1500 per round (they gave up early on).

This year we are looking to get bigger and better.

The SuperCoach Elite franchise is running two divisions in 2010, and there are a few spots still vacant. We already have numerous past-top 10 players signed up, including the 2008 winner.

We want the best available, to put both BigFooty SuperCoach Elite divisions into the top ten in 2010.

If you are one of the lucky ones to be chosen as one of the few remaining entrants, you will gain access to a private board that runs parallel to the SuperCoach Board, where top quality discussion and analysis takes place from some of the best SuperCoach minds in the country.

No more trawling through "r8 my team plz l0lZ!" threads to find a decent answer to your question.

It is a win-win situation. You get access to support and advice, and we get access to another awesome team in order to again excel as a league.

So let us know why you deserve it. We are after not only decent players, but also significant contributors to discussion - they are weighted equally. Tell us what you have done in past competitions, and what you can bring to the table in 2010.

Please note - if you participate in this league, it will be at the expense of another BigFooty division. If you didn't get an invite to Division 1 but were not far off it, then SuperCoach Elite may be for you.

Cheers,

S "Thinks He's Daicos" J
Team - The Juggernaut SCE (12th overall, SuperCoach 2009)

Just as a guide of people you will be joining:

Boppin - Winner 2008
Rocco Jone - 4th 2008
Jacksonp - 5th 2009
Woodyman 9th 2009
SJ - 12th
Blue Bloods - 15th
Pieman - 18th
Fabregas - 29th
Foxy Dal - 50th
Asanque - 93rd

This is among some other really top SCER's. We will not be opening up this group for memberships again, so this is your only chance.

I'm afraid I don't have the credentials even though it looks to be quite a fun and competitive league. Just a question though, will this league have a thread in the leagues forum anyway? Just for those of us who would like to followa tight league every few weeks to see how the competition is going.

I'm afraid I don't have the credentials even though it looks to be quite a fun and competitive league. Just a question though, will this league have a thread in the leagues forum anyway? Just for those of us who would like to followa tight league every few weeks to see how the competition is going.
Yes. The SCE divisions will go up and compete against the rest of the BigFooty SuperCoach leagues - just like last year.

And, just like last year, we will beat all of them again.

I think my fellow BigFooty League 43957 members and I will give you a run for your money.

bigfootys.jpg

Definitely get involved.

The private board as highlighted above is great. Plenty of discussion from successful players and no "rate my team" posts.

Why did you just post your team in the discussion thread? ;):D

Well i'm gonna start off by putting in an application. Feel like this is a job interview.

I have been playing SC for 3 years. I have always finished from 2000 to IIRC 8000 last year (my worst finish). I guess you can say this is probably not the right requirement to be applying for this, but I think it is only a few initial selections or trades from being in the upper echelon of SC. If i didn't have any idea I would be finishing 20000 at best.

As you said it, the fruits of this is receiving advice from the ultimates in the game. I have had enough of getting rates off people who may be in my range at the moment or better, but may also be people who finished 50000 last year (more than likely as why would the best give up their knowledge)

I also think I have alot to offer. I'll be the first to admit I post the odd shit team on here, get a shit rate and start again, but who that will be applying for this opportunity don't do that. I want to be involved in helping somebody win the $50000 (or myself). Being responsible for pointing someone in the right direction or having them tell me when to fire the gun, or who that gun should be fired at.

I think the initial selections I have made in previous years have been solid with the help of Big Footy (apart from leaving out H-Mac last year), I just find my trading can let me down (Barham and Muston come to mind), and that's because there seems to be so many, including myself, mid-rangers who just don't know when to take the risk or be conservative, or don't know when too many risks are enough.

If there is anything else you want to know, just leave a message here (i'll be checking). But hey, I want this coz I love SC. It's a game of skill and I want to take my game to the next level

Cheers

P.S I have been tinkering with my team, like many, for a month. Throwing a few out on Big Footy, copping a rate, changing accordingly. I would be happy to PM the team I have come up with to you, and let that be the basis of whether or not I was to get selected

I have 2 screens at work - one is almost entirely devoted to sports, and SC in particular.

Being a Tiger, I regard myself as very learned in respect of the upside and downside of recent draftees (back to 03) and comfortably won my league last year, which included Sheeds and a fair few seasoned veterans. And, I never had GAJ... for me the process of selecting a captain makes SC immensely rewarding and a great addition to my already fervent interest in the game

I regularly contribute (far more on this board than the Richmond one since the 2010 list was revealed), haven't asked anyone to rate my team and am keen to participate to the fullest extent in the Elite Comp/ League. Especially discussion. I have strong views on initial midfield setup, value in backs vs fwds and targeted upgrades.

With thanks,

UTG

Can I join? I'm not very good at Supercoach, but I do have an innate desire to be well thought of by people I will never meet and am willing to grovel as much as is necessary to achieve this. The only other thing I can contribute is an ability to come back from the bar carrying 7 beers without spilling a drop. ;)

i think i've finished top 1500 each year of supercoach..... give or take..
would love to be involved... i guess so would everyone though..
if you find room for me, i'd greatly appreciate it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am keen to get invovled...it cannot post impressive achievements as listed above....but I am a SC addict nd can guarantee a year of unwavering commitment to the league.

Also interested in getting involved.

600th last year (after a very slow start) winning bigfooty div 3 league.

I spend a number of hours a day researching and calculating various possibilities and options. I have the prospectus sitting next to me and believe i can vastly improve on last years result.

If you have any questions just PM me

I'd like to be considered. I have contributed a bit to the "Ablett in 2010" discussion plus a few other discussions.

Over the last couple of years I have had a top 1000 finish, and last year came just inside 1200 after being around 350th up until round 19.

More than anything else, i'd like access to improved SC discussion.

I would love to apart of this great league also.

Finished top 3000 last year which included a 0 in the first round becuase the controversy with the server meltdown. I was the creator of the "tooseriouslegends" league which finished 4th last year (was top 2 most of the year).
In 2008 I finished in the top 300 after getting as high as 33rd.
Have won my local towns league the last 3 years.

Please PM me with any questions you may have

Cheers

After coming across this thread I'm very keen on possibly entering this particular league.

I've been playing SC for 4 years and only the last few years have been taking it seriously (not logging in midway through the season).

Despite having an awful start last season, scoring below 1800 in my first few rounds, I managed to finish in the top 150. I went on to lose only one game in all my leagues en route to capturing the premiership in all the leagues I entered.

I feel I need a step up in competition in the leagues and opponents I am matched with, and strongly feel this could be that destination.

In short, would love to enter being a SC fanatic, and would also share my input on the elite board.

I have a pet monkey.

I don't post much in the SC board of late due the lack of unique ideas etc, and teams that all look identical.

4th year this year.

Finished:
2007: 433rd
2008: 7th
2009: low 2000s with a month overseas which didnt help.

Watch about 6/7 games per weekend so I dont rely on others for most game reports or how players performed. Would help in discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back