Vale Jon English

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard this earlier today and after the recent news of Ross Hannaford and George Martin.

RIP Jon

A great musical talent. A rare successful cross over from stage to rock/pop star and back and forth.

Another musical talent born between 1946 and 1949 who has passed away to young. Maybe those drugs of the 1960's and 1970' are catching up with rock stars.

The reports are that Jon's death was the result of complications from heart surgery.

I saw the original production of Jesus Christ Superstar when it came to Adelaide in 1973. Jon English was powerful as Judas and from memory the late Stevie Wight played Simon. Marcia Hines was in this production as she had taken over the role of Mary Magdalene from Michelle Fawdon who played Mary in Sydney. Reg Livermore also had a part in the production.

Ah those were the days, I had been married less than a year and went to the performance in my purple flares, pink shirt and imitation suede waistcoat.

RIP Jon.

sad, always liked Jon and his talents, just like Jon's demise a couple of years ago my grandmother died from an aortic aneurysm that ruptured and started to bleed out, see was in excruciating pain, they rushed her to surgery and they repaired the aorta but the damage was done and never regained consciousness.

RIP Jon

Jon also appeared as a panellist frequently on Blankety Blanks, and always seemed to be enjoying the unpredictable atmosphere of the show.
I remember when Jon sang "Younger Days" at the Logies in 1987. Afterwards, when special guest Mickey Rooney got up to the microphone, he predicted a big future for Jon, obviously not realising he was already huge in this country.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back