Training Vale Salim Malik

Remove this Banner Ad

King Huskii

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm really sorry to send such sad news but an old friend of mine and some others on here.

Salim has passed away.

I found out through a mutual friend.

It's only been recently. I won't go into specifics on here.

For all those who met him would understand that even though he was a little gruff on here he had a good heart and a lovely partner.

He took me under his wing for a while when i needed to tone my life down andget myself back on track.

The Freo Oval Salim Malik Stand will be where many a nice conversation started.

Vale dear friend

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to send such sad news but an old friend of mine and some others on here Salim has passed away.

I found out through a mutual friend.

It's only been recently. I won't go into specifics on here.

For all those who met him would understand that even though he was a little gruff on here he had a good heart and a lovely partner.

He took me under his wing for a while when i needed to tone my life down andget myself back on track.

The Freo Oval Salim Malik Stand will be where many a nice conversation started.

Vale dear friend
I met him a few times at Fremantle Oval at the old training sessions, and always had a good yarn. He was absolutely die hard Freo and really wanted to see us win a flag. Hopefully he can send one down to us from above. Such very sad news, sorry to here.

Sad to hear, he's been one of the stalwarts on here for nearly 15 years.

I don't think I ever actually met him, but he once gave E Shed and I some tickets to a scratchie in Mandurah that we picked up from his place. Am I remembering that right E? That must have been 10 years ago now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was an absolutely cracking bloke with who I had many numerous great conversations with at training over the years. His persona on here was different to the real man. In person he was an absolute gent rather than the sometimes brash and argumentative poster he came across as.

It is just a shame he never got to see a Freo flag.

R.I.P. Richard.

Last edited:
Sad to read this. It’s one of the unique features of a forum like this where you can interact pretty significantly with people over a long timeframe but never actually know who they are or meet them.
He was a diehard freo person anyway, shame he never saw us win a flag

He was a great friend and will be sadly missed by all that knew him. The countless times that we chatted about football and blues music at training will always be remembered fondly by me.

The trips to Albany for a pre-season game, or to the 2013 Grand Final with his wife Anne were fantastic.

The visits to Culley’s Tea Rooms or Abhi’s Bakehouse won’t be the same without him.

Last edited:
Sad to hear of his passing, Salim was a genuinely good bloke. He was one of the first people I met off here down at training. He and Phil I think his name was (the old guy with the freo hat always down at training back around 2008-2011) were always good for a yarn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back