Multiplat Vampire Survivor

Remove this Banner Ad

I love when you get on a run and a lot of stuff happens on screen (not exactly like the seizure enducing Simpsons reference but when you've got your attacks firing away + enemies swaming you in all directions you can go cross eyed trying to take everything in :p ).

So yesterday I evolved both the knife and garlic

I've previously evolved... the fire wand, santa water, magic wand (on the 25th of November) and the whip (24th of November - reading when my achievements were unlocked lol).

I'm currently just re-running through the first level, find it easier to rack up the teasure chests and thus earn more gold there. Made it past the 30 minute mark for the first time in ages.

ColossalCloseBinturong-size_restricted.gif

Me after getting so close to the 30th minute of the 4th level :( :p

I was so close and cruising through most of it, the first 5 minutes were touch and go but I managed to level up my usual suspects (knives, the bible, the fire wand etc). So despite the increasing numbers the massive waves were becoming less troublesome as the minutes ticked by. Basically from the 10th minute - 28th minute I was in cruise control, stuck to one particular area that I could just sweep through and keep collecting the gems to level up and the occasional treasure chest. Evolved the knives, bible, flame wand and also the garlic.

I felt unstoppable, until just after the 28th minute things got more hairy, I probably shouldn't have abandoned my little area I had (I wanted to grab the item that makes every available gem on the level automatically get added to your attributes without having to physically run everywhere). By the time I realised I was being overwhelmed and my energy was depleating rapidly..... it was too late to find health just as it ticked over the 29 minutes :(. That said for the few minutes before that, every level I was ranking up I was picking the health to keep it up (as opposed to the small coin boost).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'll give it ago but yeah wont be expecting much because of the touch screen
i played an io clone of it on phone a while ago where you have the "touch screen joystick" but I am useless with that so I gave up

This has dominated my life over the past three days. So addictive!

Have gone from dying in 2 minutes to surviving almost 50 minutes and then the game finally gets sick of your s**t and sends that one unavoidable reaper.

Still enjoying this game after so long. Unlocked all weapons and their upgrades. Still need to unlock 2 characters. My runs have been getting more and more busy...Here's my most recent example of a busy screen whilst beating up on some red deaths. If you look closely, you might even be able to see some of the map i'm on :drunk:
vampire survivors.png

I wish I could go back to what is was like playing this for the first few weeks.

Once you've beaten and unlocked everything it's just not the same.

More DLC pls. MOAR!

I wish I could go back to what is was like playing this for the first few weeks.

Once you've beaten and unlocked everything it's just not the same.

More DLC pls. MOAR!

On that note, more cheap as chips DLC incoming in a couple of weeks. Ready to jump back in and see flashes of this game in my sleep.

I haven't tried the DLC yet, does it spice things up a bit? Enjoyed my time with the game, just found it a little too easy without much if any skill involved. I get that's the premise, just ultimately didn't give the game legs beyond unlocking stuff IMO.

I haven't tried the DLC yet, does it spice things up a bit? Enjoyed my time with the game, just found it a little too easy without much if any skill involved. I get that's the premise, just ultimately didn't give the game legs beyond unlocking stuff IMO.

It's mostly more of the same. I'd say the new stages are a bit tougher, but ultimately the only way to make the game difficult again is to reset everything.

Been playing the game again (well since Sunday) in preparation for the new DLC. I think it's starting to click again, I'm learning the pairs of more weapons to evolve which is exciting. Trying to get through more levels as more of the characters - never unlocked every single achievement in the game, so I guess that's another goal to try and achieve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back