Multiplat Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Remove this Banner Ad

This game has crashed on me 3 times resulting in loss of significant progress. It didn't take long for me to re-do the sections I lost, but still, quite annoying.

Still think its GOTY material.

Hopefully the month+ between patches means it's a chunky one that will also include some optimisation.

Was really keen for this game but ultimately happy to wait until it's available via GamePass Ultimate (EA+) next year, hopefully well optimised by then.

They are working on bringing this to last gen. Surely it's time to move on from PS4/Xbox1. A reflection on sales? Meanwhile, there still no optimisation updates for PC or a working performance mode on console.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh? I played right through it months ago with no real issues other than the Bounties bug.

The performance looked abysmal and had screen tearing even on console. Not necessarily game breaking for all, but certainly something that put it on the back burner for me.

I gave up and installed it a few weeks ago after nearly two months of no updates at all. Now I see a massive update rolled out a couple days ago that added DLSS to PC and 60fps to console. Maybe that means the general performance has been improved too. At a minimum the graphics settings in game should at least work now lol.

After watching Digital Foundry's latest video it looks like console is just about fixed with a proper performance mode now. Some compromises have been made since the release version to hit the targets but it's mostly OK. Not a stable 60 but good enough and looks cleaner.

PC has been marginally improved but after watching the video below I don't think it will ever be properly optimised for PC. It also sounds like there won't be any more major updates so how it is now will be pretty much it. It's still heavily CPU limited so if you're trying to lower graphics settings to increase your FPS and you're CPU bound then it's not going to do anything. Unfortunately there are very few things you can do to relieve a CPU.

PC has been marginally improved but after watching the video below I don't think it will ever be properly optimised for PC. It also sounds like there won't be any more major updates so how it is now will be pretty much it. It's still heavily CPU limited so if you're trying to lower graphics settings to increase your FPS and you're CPU bound then it's not going to do anything. Unfortunately there are very few things you can do to relieve a CPU.

Sounds like my decision to wait and sail the high seas was justified.

Some day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back