PS5 God of War - Story thread - Spoiler Warning

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished last night. Will go through and do all the post story stuff over the coming days. Just like the last game I feel this one just ended as it was ramping up. I wanted more content. Why couldn't I have gone with Sindri to help get the dwarves? Or go and herp Freyr with the elves? I have a few other "complaints" but maybe they'll be answered in the post story stuff so I'll hold off for now.

Last edited:

There’s a side quest early on shutting down mines, you get great insight into Mimir while he was Odin’s right hand man.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Endgame thoughts:

That ending was brilliant! The story in this has been great. As far as GotY goes, about 90% of the way through this I would have said Horizon FW comfortably, but the end to this puts it right up there. Hard to split. Both had pretty slow starts and were pretty much the first game on steroids.

The music pre credits and for the funeral scene was perfect.

Did not see the Tyr twist coming at all. Found the real one, hope you see him back at Sindri's house, feels a little weird just leaving them him given everything.

Had a couple of things spoiled, Odin killing Thor, due to someone quoting a spoiler in here and removing the spoiler tags. And Brok dying, from pulling a quiv and mindlessly clicking into this thread thinking it was the other one.

Feel they Sindri pretty dirty, having him turn on Atreus like that. Feels like Home and Away type BS drama rather than an otherwise really well written action game.

Thought it wrapped up well with Atreus heading off to do his own thing.

Got Platinum, about 52 hours.

So he's the snake that Atreus rescues in Jotunheim! That's a cool little tie in. The time travel thing was a little confusing though.

Had to beat the Valkyrie Queen on story dificulty just damm too hard on "give me no mercy" or "balanced"
Yeh, she's a bitch on Balanced! Had to drop it down to Give me Grace for both her and Hrolf. Even then, they gave me a bit of trouble. Not sure how anyone does it on the hardest difficulty?

Last edited:
Finally platinumed it. Story was decent, I was kinda disappointed with the Brok story line, thought when they first talked about his soul fragment being lost in Helheim, it would have been a mission to retrieve it. Though loved what they did with Sindri post. Would love them to commit to a villan arc for him and having him be the big bad of the next game. Thought they took the easy way out with Freya having a redemptive arc.

I enjoyed the world in the first game a bit more, the set pieces were certainly more memorable. Even though they expanded the world, the game seemed more on train tracks than the first one. Quiet often felt trapped on a mission when I'd rather be exploring somewhere. Also disappointed they didn't make Asgard more expansive.

Overall I'd give it an 8/10, the new additions like Arteus gameplay and phantom bosses didn't do a lot for me and the parts that did work like Aesir gods weren't a large enough part of the game for me to be wowed. Would have liked there to be another 3-4 boss battles vs Aesir. Hodr, Elie, Vidar, Hel, Forseti would have been good.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brok!! :'(

Late game character identity reveal. Exact location in story feels very close to a point of no return if there is in fact one.

wow wow wow, hold up. Odin was impersonating Tyr the entire time?! I don't think I picked up on a single clue that was the case
Yeah that was cool. Also liked how you found the real Tyr later on when cleaning stuff up after the first credits roll.

One small but incredible detail I loved was early on, you could see where Freya’s makeup had been running from where she had been crying.

Such attention to detail.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Apparently if you go back to the spot you can find Thor's tooth on the ground after you punch it out in the first fight lol

Yep very touching

Once you complete it the screen goes to black and the credits roll I suppose it's the proper ending
Amazing conclusion. Mimir finally working out Brok's riddle as Sindri walks away from them (what gets bigger the more you take away? - a hole)

I'm not crying, you're crying!

One thing I've notice most people didn't pick up that Thor killed Faye or least caused the injuries that lead to her death, makes the line from Thor towards the end "You know what I've done" so impactful when Kratos implies with "yes", really highlights the full change Kratos has gone through.

One thing I've notice most people didn't pick up that Thor killed Faye or least caused the injuries that lead to her death, makes the line from Thor towards the end "You know what I've done" so impactful when Kratos implies with "yes", really highlights the full change Kratos has gone through.

I dont think its implied, I think the crater stuff happened years before Kratos and Faye met.

The Thor line implies that only Kratos understands the unforgivable actions of being a murderous god and that Thor tells himself there is no coming back from that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back