Vegetarianism/Veganism

Remove this Banner Ad

Been vegan a couple of years now.

I'm always trying new products as the market is expanding really fast right now.

Not that it really matters, a lot of it is expensive fancy stuff that you can live without.

Rice, potatoes, noodles. I enjoy my carbs. The current carb phobia going around is something that puzzles me. Fatting out your pancreas can lead to all sort of medical issues yet it isn't really talked about.

I have ethics but I don't really care as to how the meat ends up on my plate.
That's not really an ethical POV.

Frankly, people who complain about animal cruelty generally but say this kind of thing shouldn't be taken seriously in such discussions.

I have ethics but I don't really care as to how the meat ends up on my plate.

You don’t strike me as the kind of person who truly believes that Cruyffy.

Generally when I hear statements like this, the same person usually gets quite upset when they see the dog meat trade in Asia. Or footage of Australian cattle being killed via live export in Indonesia etc.

So there definitely is an underlying care for the cruelty inflicted upon that animal. However; it’s their ingrained speciesism that blocks them from truly challenging this issue.

I’m impressed you already know the concept of speciesism, a vast majority of people wouldn’t know the extent that they support and practice it.

And for a message to be communicated effectively, especially one as deeply conditioned as this, it must be repeated frequently in order to seep through the defensive outer shell people have. That’s why your friend continues to post it as regularly as they do.

Anyway, coming back to the earlier point. I think you’re a lot better than what you suggested earlier, and I welcome you to see the extent of what you pay for.

90 minutes that will change your perspective. I think you do care, and if you can sit through this, then massive respect. I look forward to your feedback mate.

As a Vegetarian/Vegan would anybody have any issue in eating cockroaches, grasshoppers and other insects?
Yeah I wouldn’t eat them :(

Besides multiple insects would have to be killed (even to make one meal for one person) due to their tiny size :(

I've liked eating vego... because... it's cheap, it's healthy, it made me skinnier. And it made me a good cook.

Tonight I had meat and I'm hugely conflicted.

We used to eat meat because we had to, there was a heirarchy, now there ain't that. It isn't a simple thing as it was. Now humans don't need it but it's also so ****ed to eat meat when apes can't have their trees, when molluscs are dying.

But... I'm a prick. How do you give up a parma? A curry? Is it just saying no?

As a Vegetarian/Vegan would anybody have any issue in eating cockroaches, grasshoppers and other insects?
I'm a vego and nah I wouldn't eat them. BUT WHO THE * WOULD WANT TO EAT COCKROACHES!?!

Been vegan a couple of years now.

I'm always trying new products as the market is expanding really fast right now.

Not that it really matters, a lot of it is expensive fancy stuff that you can live without.

Rice, potatoes, noodles. I enjoy my carbs. The current carb phobia going around is something that puzzles me. Fatting out your pancreas can lead to all sort of medical issues yet it isn't really talked about.

I'm low carb but don't really eat a lot of fat. Mainly lean meat and vegetables. I do have a bit of fat, but only to maintain satiety.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could never do it. I have no qualms with those that do.

I know some vegans and they're always pushing their agenda how bad meat is blah blah. Like I said, no qualms with people who are vegans, but meat eaters should not be shamed for eating food they enjoy.
I know over the years I have dabbled with this on this site.
The inability for two subsets to co-exist peacefully is the part that has me scratching my head.

I usually just walk past the vegan section of the supermarket and overlook the erroneous labelling that is indulged in. There is no such thing as vegan meatloaf or shepherd's pie.

I know over the years I have dabbled with this on this site.
The inability for two subsets to co-exist peacefully is the part that has me scratching my head.

I usually just walk past the vegan section of the supermarket and overlook the erroneous labelling that is indulged in. There is no such thing as vegan meatloaf or shepherd's pie.

I would go further and say the labelling is deceptive. For example, these products are stacked alongside meat products and have packaging that might make consumers think they are buying roast duck or chicken pieces. In the corporate world this is known as bad revenue. You might make a few bucks in the short term but it detrimentally affects your reputation.

1671900864151.png

1671900936724.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back