Venables concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read that Venables is out for all of season 2020. Career hangs in the balance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully he 1) is able to recover in time and 2) is coping ok with having to sit out the season when there will be days when he feels fine and 3) is coping ok with the thought that his AFL career could already be over.

Horrible news.

Hope he can get himself right, even if it means never playing footy again

He had/has massive upside to his game, I feel it was just a matter of time before it clicked once he found more midfield time

‪He’s finished- potentially very good gun player - real shame, high draft pick, at least he got a premiership- seemed a good bloke - that sucks ‬- without him and Rioli be hard

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tough news. Was hoping to see him click and emerge, this might've been the season.
It's said he has good days and bad days with anxiety and depression both at training and away from the club.
It's a cruel business, but he'd be better off to hang his boots up and take care of himself, maybe move on.
Best of luck to him! If he returns and is fully fit and okay, well even better.

This is the kind of step you feel should have been taken with the likes of McCartin earlier. I applaud DV and the club for this.

Ahh Al.., he hasn’t played for 8 or 9 months due to ongoing concussion issues.. the club doesn’t really have choice now does it ??
You should be in public relations
( the bs seems to Come naturally)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back