Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Mine is a valid vent

I'm looking at joyful faces on our players celebrating a win, and continue to get shut down by 'supporters' because I actually support my team and don't believe in isolating and heaping s**t on our own players. It's like you can't even celebrate when we win, or you get frowned upon when you recognise what the coach is trying to do.

I respect your opinion and your right to express it. I don’t know who you feel like is shutting you down but would encourage you to report these posts to bring to mods attention.

I respect your opinion and your right to express it. I don’t know who you feel like is shutting you down but would encourage you to report these posts to bring to mods attention.
it was so bad after the derby, just because I defended Banfield. I was accused of being a Womans Weekly reader. A bit sexist? Did I report it? of course. Was anything done about it? of course not. I actually had other members message me to say they were horrified.

Mine is a valid vent

I'm looking at joyful faces on our players celebrating a win, and continue to get shut down by 'supporters' because I actually support my team and don't believe in isolating and heaping s**t on our own players. It's like you can't even celebrate when we win, or you get frowned upon when you recognise what the coach is trying to do.
What is the coach trying to do, genuinely? he's got one of the least consistent, flimsiest game styles in the competition. he came to a club who'd been wrecked by ultra defensive football and had come from a fast flowing Collingwood and instilled... defensive coaching. weird because our best defenders are guys who push up the ground and want to use the ball.

Yours vents aren't really valid because it boils down to 'jeez the boys are so good, never say anything negative!' even though most people on here are mostly supportive of the lads.

it was so bad after the derby, just because I defended Banfield. I was accused of being a Womans Weekly reader. A bit sexist? Did I report it? of course. Was anything done about it? of course not. I actually had other members message me to say they were horrified.

Yep that’s rubbish and it sucks that it happened.

I was subject to a personal attack last night in this thread and I reported it and it was also ignored by the mods. Absolutely zero content, simply a personal observation about me. Not much more you can do, if they consider it acceptable then just have to accept their ruling.

Edit: actually can see that you liked that post so seems you are ok with it when it’s happening to someone else.?

Last edited:
What is the coach trying to do, genuinely? he's got one of the least consistent, flimsiest game styles in the competition. he came to a club who'd been wrecked by ultra defensive football and had come from a fast flowing Collingwood and instilled... defensive coaching. weird because our best defenders are guys who push up the ground and want to use the ball.

Yours vents aren't really valid because it boils down to 'jeez the boys are so good, never say anything negative!' even though most people on here are mostly supportive of the lads.
no, my vent is about how it's so difficult to 'celebrate' a win. I 100% get it when we lose - it's a perfect platform. Even if we won by 20 goals, our supporters would be hard on the players.

I am always concerned about how many of our players read these boards. Didn't Schultz admit that he did? we have just had a week with a massive focus on the mental health of footy players, and if Freo supporters don't defend their own, who will?

As for JLo, I believe he is trying to forge a positive environment to develop his young players. Do I think it will win ua a premiership in the short term? no. I can see what he and the coaches at Peel are hoping to build. It's still one of the youngest sides in the competition.

Last edited:
Yep that’s rubbish and it sucks that it happened.

I was subject to a personal attack last night in this thread and I reported it and it was also ignored by the mods. Absolutely zero content, simply a personal observation about me. Not much more you can do, if they consider it acceptable then just have to accept their ruling.

Edit: actually can see that you liked that post so seems you are ok with it when it’s happening to someone else.?
The mods here don't care unless you're in the in group, but that in group has really become invisible these days.

I think even the believers are starting to see the cycle.

The mods here don't care unless you're in the in group, but that in group has really become invisible these days.

Yeah, I just re-reported the post that was nothing more than a personal attack and it was rejected. The mods are clearly ok with the personal observations and attacks so there’s no reason to think it will stop.

it's ok if you want to stay incognito, but are you someone from the past on a new account? (not asked in a provocative manner)

At the moment there seems to be quite a lot of posters having a crack at other posters on this board. I don’t really know why the mods allow it, but they do so fair enough.

It’s a discussion forum, people think and view the world differently and ought to be able to post here without feeling like others are having a crack at them personally.

People disagreeing with your point of view isn’t having a crack, fyi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commentary dumbness of "there's plenty of time here" when Melbourne needed 6 goals in under 7 minutes without WCE scoring.

edit: oops wrong thread

I totally agree. People making personal attacks and observations about other posters that do not reference any ‘point of view’ is having a crack, fyi.
Being called arrogant and having an inflated view of yourself is no more a personal attack then saying the whole place just "accepts mediocrity"

Being called arrogant and having an inflated view of yourself is no more a personal attack then saying the whole place just "accepts mediocrity"
Well I’ve never once said that the whole place accepts mediocrity, and actually that post was simply a personal reflection, directly aimed at me and not a general observation so it absolutely is ‘more a personal attack’.

But thanks for confirming that the mods support personal attacks.

Well I’ve never once said that the whole place accepts mediocrity, and actually that post was simply a personal reflection, directly aimed at me and not a general observation so it absolutely is ‘more a personal attack’.

Not a mod anymore despite the tag. Not a personal attack and if that was deleted half of BF wouldnt exist. If getting called such horrible mean things like arrogant is too much, than maybe it's not the place for you

Not a mod anymore despite the tag. Not a personal attack and if that was deleted half of BF wouldnt exist. If getting called such horrible mean things like arrogant is too much, than maybe it's not the place for you

I have that flog on ignore and couldn’t care less what he says or thinks. I only read it as it was quoted by someone else, and I only reported it to make a simple point.

That post was purely a personal reflection with absolutely no reference whatsoever to the subject matter and it happened in the vent thread which surely should be a safe place to ‘vent’.

I’ll leave it at that.

“But this board is evidence of a supporter/member base that is prepared to keep accepting mediocrity and shouting down anyone that wants to call out poor performance.”

Eh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back