Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Was anyone else listening to the 3AW news at 2pm? I could have sworn Tony Tardio referred to 'the attorney general Christian Petracca'. There were two stories, one about the attorney general (or maybe it was the auditor general :think: ) and another story about Petracca but I think Tony got them muddled up.
Hmm, it seems he did.
Don't ask....... :D

Hmm, it seems he did.
Don't ask....... :D

Lol, I thought so (good I'm not going mad :oops: ). The funny thing was after the news Dennis Walter picked him up on something in the weather report (which wasn't even that bad) and I'm thinking, "What about Christian Petracca being the attorney general??? o_O", which is why I thought maybe I'd imagined it.

Registered User I am getting worried about you :think:

Now I'll have to listen to the weather. Ha.
Registered User I am getting worried about you :think:
Well, perhaps I am a worry. :D My excuse: as I've said before, I'm tosser bike rider (lycra, Beach Rd, the lot), and I like listening to stuff for the few hours I ride (and while doing other stuff), so I record slabs of SEN on an AV input on a DVR, then dub anything "listenable" onto something portable. My Panasonic recorder records for 36 hours non-stop in 8-hour blocks. I try to start recording at the start of a news break, then let it go for most of the day.

I even bought a new Panasonic DVR for tv, so I can use the old one just for radio. :p I wonder what the grownups are doing instead

Last edited:

Now I'll have to listen to the weather. Ha. Well, perhaps I am a worry. :D My excuse: as I've said before, I'm tosser bike rider (lycra, Beach Rd, the lot), and I like listening to stuff for the few hours I ride (and while doing other stuff), so I record slabs of SEN on an AV input on a DVR, then dub anything "listenable" onto something portable. My Panasonic recorder records for 36 hours non-stop in 8-hour blocks. I try to start recording at the start of a news break, then let it go for most of the day.

I even bought a new Panasonic DVR for tv, so I can use the old one just for radio. :p I wonder what the grownups are doing instead
giphy.gif

The bloke doing Adel v Carl is really good, boring tone of voice but for play by play he’s alright!

Mick Malthouse made a funny! Granted it was at the expense of super IQ man Kane Cornes on the Sunday footy show
Tony Jones "'Thanks Mick for being here. We are particularly interested in your thoughts on the Adelaide Carlton game. Take it away kane"
Kane " Thanks Tony. Mick. What are you seeing out of Carlton and how concerned are you about them""
Mick " Not overly concerned ."
LOL

Slobbo said "gufforfed" instead of "guffawed" today on 3aw. He also used "chuffed" incorrectly in the same breath. They were talking to Andrew Gaze, and Robbo said, "I asked you 5 years ago if it was time to start comparing Lebron James to Michael Jordan, and you gafforfed and chuffed and had a crack at me...."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne Carey on Talking footy.
Such analysis. Such insight. Such football knowledge. Ideal man to let us plebs understand the game better.
Wayne Carey to Brad Scott.
"Brad. Its well known that you went after a big fish in the summer. You werent able to land that big fish. Is it in your plan this year to try and land a big fish?"
LOL

Wayne Carey on Talking footy.
Such analysis. Such insight. Such football knowledge. Ideal man to let us plebs understand the game better.
Wayne Carey to Brad Scott.
"Brad. Its well known that you went after a big fish in the summer. You werent able to land that big fish. Is it in your plan this year to try and land a big fish?"
LOL
Carey may have adapted to the riff raff of the Channel 7 Footy team but that wasnt what he said even if it was a simple question

Remove this Banner Ad

Back