Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abbey Holmes just said Higgins had 14 touches to qtr time (he had 13) and then had “an additional 8 after that, totalling 23”. :drunk: I don’t blame her though as she was probably just reading off a screen.

BT had an amusing muck-up earlier after a touched mark where he said “the clear was call”

Spud Frawley this morning used "decipher" to mean......actually I'm not quite sure what he meant, but it wasn't the correct meaning of the word.

"If you want to decipher all the intelligence in your brain, go watch Love Island."

Maybe he meant syphon? or deplete? got them mixed up? who knows.

It's actually painful listening to most blokes in the media use words so incorrectly. Like I can handle the odd small stuff-up or mispronunciation if the word being used is correct but examples like this that are just so obvious that they're trying to sound smarter than they are is embarrassing.

Spud Frawley this morning used "decipher" to mean......actually I'm not quite sure what he meant, but it wasn't the correct meaning of the word.

"If you want to decipher all the intelligence in your brain, go watch Love Island."
Did you hear him yesterday read the press release about Chris Froome? Ha. :D He pronounced 'Salbutamol' as "Salbertamol" (it sounded funnier than it reads on here), and he couldn't say "regime"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back