Vesty’s Top 70

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the only Musical that should be in this list

I think you posted the wrong image friend.

iu

6. 2001: A Space Odyssey

The best sci-fi movie ever! A lot of my favourite movies are very kind of atmospheric and transport you to another world, I think this movie does that very very well! I really wish Kubric directed The Lord of the Rings :(
TartElegantArabianoryx-small.gif
Single most boring movie in the history of cinema.

tenor.gif

Spaceballs. Now there is a classic sci-fi movie!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. Howl's Moving Castle

Best animation from the GOAT animation director Hayao Miyazaki, he has such a great imagination! I could have easily had Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and the Secret world of Arrietty in my top 20 and probably would have if I put much thought into it :grimacing:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
4. A Knight's Tale

I watched this movie so many times when I was like 10. It is still very watchable and funny!
DiscreteWeightyAmericanwirehair-small.gif

giphy.gif

rXZnfjr.gif

Yep, very underrated movie. Has a terrific soundtrack too, your taste in movies has improved Jaz, and certainly now more impressive than RedVest4's !!!

8. The Shining

Maybe the scariest movie ever and the first of two Kubric movies in my top 10!

giphy.gif

Good film with a nonsensical ending. Both author and Director admit it was ruined by the finish.

2. House of Flying Daggers

Love everything about this movie! The visuals, the beautiful choreography, the romance! I wish there were more adventure/romance movies like this, Tangled and The Princess Bride! I idolised Zhang Ziyi when I was growing up! It is much better watching the subtitled version in its original language, the overdub to English is not the best voice acting or translation :grimacing:

source.gif
tumblr_mkl9cgZ5La1qefgdko6_r1_250.gifv

18. Animal Kingdom- (2010 Australian Movie)
Gold Medal performance from Ben Mendelsohn as the disturbing 'Pope' , a cracker of a movie , filmed in Melbourne ,not for the faint-hearted , 5 stars.

220px-Animal_kingdom_poster.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back