VFL Fixture 2005 released

Remove this Banner Ad

I played in a game at Newcome in August, not the best ground going around, thats for sure.

pazza said:
Football Victoria have released next year's fixture.

Newcomen Road returns to VFL football (Springvale not happy with Shepley?)

From what I've heard Springvale were never happy with Shepley. They were forced to play there because Newcomen Road was ruled not up to VFL standard despite a couple of other grounds being in a similar state. At Shepley they played second fiddle to the Dandenong Stingrays and despite sharing a ground and the obvious geographical links suffered the indignity of seeing the Stingrays players zoned to Frankston.

2005 may be the last year that the Scorpions exist in their current form so for nostalgic reasons it's good for the club. The fact that the fixture refers to the club as the Scorpions instead of Springvale would indicate that the wheels are already in motion.

Hoggy said:
Cranbourne is the way they are heading aren't they?

I thought it was Pakenham but definitely somewhere down that way. The Casey Scorpions was one of the names bandied about. The idea is to move the club into the rapidly growing south-east corridor and get the community behind the club.

From a selfish point of view the wooden spoon didn't seem to hamper St Kilda's season but it would be nice to see one of the modern era's most successful VFL clubs back in the finals and challenging for a premiership.

sainter said:
I thought it was Pakenham but definitely somewhere down that way. The Casey Scorpions was one of the names bandied about. The idea is to move the club into the rapidly growing south-east corridor and get the community behind the club.

From a selfish point of view the wooden spoon didn't seem to hamper St Kilda's season but it would be nice to see one of the modern era's most successful VFL clubs back in the finals and challenging for a premiership.

Heading to Cranbourne to a ground in Casey Fields (I think). Its a ground that the council is spending millions on. Joining the Scorpions out there is the South Melbourne Cricket Club, who are moving due to the changing demographics of Melbourne.

Supposed to be good pokies revenue out that way as well.

Springvale is in better nick than Frankston. I think it is up to VFL standard. We did have a reasonably wet winter with a heap of grounds not up to scratch.

I think it's a great move by Springvale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back