2nds VFL Grand Final: Richmond vs Port Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium - 3:00pm Sunday, 24/09/2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I never want griff in the AFL team again. Keep Lloyd, Miles, Batch, we had NO injuries this year. Fight furiously to keep our depth.
This. We've had a golden run so far this year. We could easily have a few big injuries next year and some of these players could step up to the seniors. If players decide they want to go to #lolnorf or Freo for a senior game then fair enough we help facilitate it. But we pick the key depth players and try to keep them if possible. They could easily be the playing finals in the Tiges seniors next year.

Are any Richmond supporters all there lol? how can we be after all these years, that bloke must be a Norf supporter though.

People on this forum don't read properly sometimes.

I'm trying to put the mozz on Adelaide... it's a joke buddy.

Obviously a bit too subtle of a joke for people on here though!

I'm sure the Adelaide football club players read this forum, wasting your time.

Respect to Port Melbourne as a standalone to do it.
Yeah they have a few ex afl boys on their list but they still have to go to work everyday like us and have to train under lights like any other local player.
The way local footy is any of these guys could pick up far superior coin with lesser commitment yet they still do it the hard way.

I was hoping Lennon would turn it on today but doesn't look likely at all.
Bolton was fantastic early but did fade in the second half.
Lloyd was brilliant.

Agree about the statement re: defensive running. Too many times Port exposed this and it was lucky a few times our backline pressed and pressured them into mistakes. If it wasn't for that we would've lost by a lot more.

thought lennons decision was a good one considering there was obviously only unknown seconds to go and why kick it 12 metres to a bloke 35 out when it likely to be called play on, otherwise chip it 20 and take a bigger risk of him getting hammered. some on here need to be a bit more gracious in defeat.
I have just watched it 3 times and slow motioned it but cant pick out the player that was 35 out its either Stengle or Lloyd

Its 17mtrs not 12 and the most pathetic part is as soon as he marked it he turned his back on the play to walk back , There could have been a player 20mtrs out in front - But Mr Lennon doesnt care its all about him

This is the attitude that has him playing VFL and not Afl and behind players like Townsend
Cant make an excuse for this bloke totally selfish and lazy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have just watched it 3 times and slow motioned it but cant pick out the player that was 35 out its either Stengle or Lloyd

Its 17mtrs not 12 and the most pathetic part is as soon as he marked it he turned his back on the play to walk back , There could have been a player 20mtrs out in front - But Mr Lennon doesnt care its all about him

This is the attitude that has him playing VFL and not Afl and behind players like Townsend
I'm sure he would have been told how much time is left, he would've had an idea in his head how much time is left and since he didn't turn aground I can only assume he thought it was too risky to pass it.
Not selfish, smart play. He made the distance, so clearly it wasnt a stupid idea.
So either 100% a shot from far out or try to pass it to someone closer any maybe get it spoiled/siren goes.
Correct choice tbh. Game was lost by giving up a 3 goal lead, not from Lennon.

OK, there's your mistake right there. :$

If you're going to be makin' any more jokes in the near future please put at note at the start of your post warning that what follows "may contain joke/s". :p

Just to be sure you'd better put the note in CAPITALS. :huh:

wrong mate IMO,
it wouldve been 12 as a no risk kick... first rule in football avoid kicking to a stationary player and lead toward the ball carrier i watched on my phone so it was hard to judge... agree lennon turning his back was a bad look get the feeling most of us thought the ball was in the right hands tho... JackR probs does the same and we all think fair enough.

I watched the game and cannot believe Richmond lost it. The amount of easy unchecked marking and running Port Melbourne had was just bizarre. The entire Richmond team seemed to be playing 20 metres off their man. I don't know if it was soft football as they are hoping to get picked to play in the Grand Final next week or what it was. But Port Adelaide had the easiest of transitions that I have seen in any football match I have watched this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back