2nds VFL Prelim Final Richmond vs Box Hill Sat 2:40pm Sat 16/9 Fortburn Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon it was pretty hard to go past Markov yesterday , he was a cut above
He was, but Ellis has been our best over the three finals. Best-on against Casey, top-3 against Collingwood, and very good again yesterday.

He was, but Ellis has been our best over the three finals. Best-on against Casey, top-3 against Collingwood, and very good again yesterday.
He's definitely playing above the level. Quite a few of them are actually.

Thanks for that T4L and it was a most relaxing day . Enjoyed your company as well bros and my cousin who I hadn't seen in years.
Sad that we had to have the side commentary from the opinionated Mr Nahas. Nearly choked on my water when he was trying to explain to me the wind patterns at City Oval Coburg.
The clown has become a bigger jerk now than I could ever imagine. Anyway it was a great day and good luck to the blokes who took my tip at the end of last season that the rfc would win the vfl flag in 2017. We were red hot and clinical today.
$50 @17-1 thanks TI.

Elim final
11 kicks, 13 Handballs, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 5 i50's, 2 r50's and a goal
was named 2nd best on in grimlocks stats

Semi
11 kicks, 9 handballs, 1 mark, 6 tackles and 6 i50's
ranked best on in grimlocks stats

Prelim
10 kicks, 10 handballs, 5 marks, 7 tackles, 2 i50's, 4 r50's and goal.
Havent seen grimlocks stats yet

The thing the stats don't show is how well he uses the ball both by hand and foot. A lot of what he does in close gets missed i reckon but his ability to fire out a handball from a clearance to teammate is the best in the VFL team. We just need him to go from 20 touches a game in the vfl to same in the AFL.

Also he is becoming a very strong tackler at this level averaging 6 for the year. Thats more than anyone at AFL level

Still only 20, think he is 21 next month!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elim final

Semi

Prelim

The thing the stats don't show is how well he uses the ball both by hand and foot. A lot of what he does in close gets missed i reckon but his ability to fire out a handball from a clearance to teammate is the best in the VFL team. We just need him to go from 20 touches a game in the vfl to same in the AFL.

Amazing what a full preseason does ;)

Hahaha didnt Port get beaten by Box hill? Saved yourself the embarrassment next week by tanking the prelim. :D
Not sure if they did. If Richmond play like yesterday neither of these two sides are a chance.

Elim final

Semi

Prelim

Also he is becoming a very strong tackler at this level averaging 6 for the year. Thats more than anyone at AFL level

Another thing about Ellis he is not as slow as people make out. Watching live yesterday he show decent speed at times, but he is one of those players like Matthew Knights that only runs fast when he really needs to. He reminds me quite a bit of knights. Don't forget early in his career he has a lot of groin issues which slow you down and you lose your core strength. Played very tough yesterday and looks like a Grigg replacement (or injury).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back