VFL VFL Round 5 Casey Vs Richmond Sunday 23/4 1.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard mentioned yesterday that Teal is right in line for our mid season draft pick and was close to being taken in the National draft by us. Recruiter sees him as not just a half back flanker, potential to move up the ground. 190cm… his draft year was destroyed by appendicitis and a broken collarbone. Was still selected for Vic metro.

Heard mentioned yesterday that Teal is right in line for our mid season draft pick and was close to being taken in the National draft by us. Recruiter sees him as not just a half back flanker, potential to move up the ground. 190cm… his draft year was destroyed by appendicitis and a broken collarbone. Was still selected for Vic metro.
For real? ANOTHER half back flank, great.

Potential to move up the ground, how often do we hear this? JUST PICK THE BLOODY MIDFIELDER ALREADY, RFC!

Teal is a player so would not be unhappy to pick him up. I do think though we need to roll some big prospect forwards through our program like Archie May.

For real? ANOTHER half back flank, great.

Potential to move up the ground, how often do we hear this? JUST PICK THE BLOODY MIDFIELDER ALREADY, RFC!
Our midfield is our most stacked line
Why would we pick another mid?

Also the club has shown it won't use MSD, SSP and rookie picks, or even low ND picks on hail marys looking for the next gun inside mid. Even the 2 key position selections of Young and Bradtke seem something of a departure from normal procedure, but I suspect his was brought on by recognition of the player's ability in Young's case and the desperate need to have a key forward prospect on the books in Bradtke's case.

Even all these guys brought into the VFL setup who are shooting the lamps out at the moment, there are no real inside mids amongst them. I think Olden has been used in there a bit, mainly in tagging roles. With all these moves and picks the club is mainly looking for pockets, flankers and wingers, and it must be said they are doing a very good job of it.

Also the club has shown it won't use MSD, SSP and rookie picks, or even low ND picks on hail marys looking for the next gun inside mid. Even the 2 key position selections of Young and Bradtke seem something of a departure from normal procedure, but I suspect his was brought on by recognition of the player's ability in Young's case and the desperate need to have a key forward prospect on the books in Bradtke's case.

Even all these guys brought into the VFL setup who are shooting the lamps out at the moment, there are no real inside mids amongst them. I think Olden has been used in there a bit, mainly in tagging roles. With all these moves and picks the club is mainly looking for pockets, flankers and wingers, and it must be said they are doing a very good job of it.
100% agree mate

As great as the MSD is the chances of finding a best 22 inside mid are pretty low and chances of getting a list clogger is pretty high

Whilst I agree to disagree with you over Ross's disposal I am also a big fan of Brindley. Great size, courage, leap, strong overhead mark, stamina has it all except doesn't look like a footballer. Like Grimes has a wiry frame and is deceptively strong and good speed with ground ball skills. Will definitely be at Essendon mid season!!! My pick in mid season draft. BTW what is the criteria for draft sequence, last years finish or current ladder position?

Whilst I agree to disagree with you over Ross's disposal I am also a big fan of Brindley. Great size, courage, leap, strong overhead mark, stamina has it all except doesn't look like a footballer. Like Grimes has a wiry frame and is deceptively strong and good speed with ground ball skills. Will definitely be at Essendon mid season!!! My pick in mid season draft. BTW what is the criteria for draft sequence, last years finish or current ladder position?

Current ladder as at date of draft. Not saying it will happen but I would not be shocked if more than one of our VFL guys get picked off in the MSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noticed he was in the ruck in the highlights. Previous he has played back and wing. He is 195cm with spring, speed, class and a very good mark. Could he be a forward? Mid season?? his type fit our needs more than anyone else.
He’s been bloody good.
Got subbed out a week or 2 ago with a migraine but apart from that hasn’t missed a beat.
Did hear they invited him down early in our preseason when we were doing lots of running drills because he’s such an endurance beast.
Not sure where he is in the pecking order order of our VFL listed players that are msd chances?
El-Nour,
May,
Teal.

Blair and Clarke are trolling Dimma. They know if they get a mid Dimma will put him on the HB line. If they get a HBF then Dimma will stick him in the guts. Reverse psychology

He’s been bloody good.
Got subbed out a week or 2 ago with a migraine but apart from that hasn’t missed a beat.
Did hear they invited him down early in our preseason when we were doing lots of running drills because he’s such an endurance beast.
Not sure where he is in the pecking order order of our VFL listed players that are msd chances?
El-Nour,
May,
Teal.
It's funny how players can suddenly jump others, Young for one.
Brindley is 24, but skinny players take longer. He's a natural in the air, a bit of a rare trait these days and good trait as a forward??

It's funny how players can suddenly jump others, Young for one.
Brindley is 24, but skinny players take longer. He's a natural in the air, a bit of a rare trait these days and good trait as a forward??
It’d be interesting to see him forward somebody else mentioned that a few weeks ago.
I think he’ll return to the wing when we get everyone back. He’s got Kmac type running ability at similar size. Can get back to give the backs a chop out.
He’s vertical leap is really good too, saw it on the weekend where he jumped over their ruckman in marking contests. One contest made the highlight reel

Last edited:
Noticed he was in the ruck in the highlights. Previous he has played back and wing. He is 195cm with spring, speed, class and a very good mark. Could he be a forward? Mid season?? his type fit our needs more than anyone else.

He was highly tipped to be taken in mid season draft last year. But was overlooked think we should seriously look at him this upcoming msd

So essentially has sonsie been rested this week given he didn’t play ressies and doesn’t get the vest for tonight
Yes

He and HRS would have some load training last night to get miles into their legs but the rest will do sonsie a world of good
he was recently injured and still getting fitness back and the week off would be a blessing going foward imo

So essentially has sonsie been rested this week given he didn’t play ressies and doesn’t get the vest for tonight

It’s common when a teams VFL affiliate plays a day or two ahead of the AFL team that multiple players are held out.

If there was a late change (injury during warmup etc.) obviously one comes in and one goes to the sub.

Suspect this is why Sonsie didn’t play. Unfortunately I think it will mean he’ll miss next week too as often Match Committee send them back to the VFL to get a tuneup before making their way back into the AFL side.

Casey Demons 11.16 (82) def by Richmond 14.10 (94)
Luke Dunstan (CD)
8 Jack Ross (RIC)
3 Tom Bracher (RIC)
3 James Harmes (CD)
3 Luke Teal (RIC)
2 Garrett McDonagh (RIC)
1 Joel Nathan (RIC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back