Game Day Opening Round, Gold Coast vs Richmond. 4:20pm AEDT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not.

17.10.2 Free Kicks - Deliberate Rushed Behinds
A Free Kick shall be awarded against a Player from the Defending Team who intentionally Kicks, Handballs or forces the football over the Attacking Team’s Goal Line or Behind Line or onto one of the Attacking Team’s Goal Posts, and the Player:
(a) is greater than nine metres from the Goal Line or Behind Line;
(b) is not under immediate physical pressure;
(c) has had time and space to dispose of the football;

or
(d) from a Ruck contest, hits the football over the Goal Line or Behind Line on the full.

Broad wasn't under immediate physical pressure & had time and space to dispose of the footy
Thanks for digging out the law.
Broad played it dumb.
Case closed

No it's not.

A Free Kick shall be awarded against a Player from the Defending Team who intentionally Kicks, Handballs or forces the football over the Attacking Team’s Goal Line or Behind Line or onto one of the Attacking Team’s Goal Posts, and the Player:

or
(d) from a Ruck contest, hits the football over the Goal Line or Behind Line on the full.

Broad wasn't under immediate physical pressure & had time and space to dispose of the footy

Yep.Watching it back, correct call. That si the exact reason the rule was brought in to stop. Broad had time to handpass back to Short. But he stopped, waited for Rosas to approach and then stepped back across.

Did a Joel Bowden.

No it's not.

or

I agree, but the umps haven't paid it previously for similar circumstances. It's not just the interpretation of the rule, but also the consistency of paying it.

I was expecting a loss of about 6-7 goals pre-game just due to our outs and where we're at. Obviously some good signs there in the third but we need to be able to stem the flow way earlier than we did. Bring on the Blues

Even though we lost it was a good game. We showed a lot and will learn a lot. I had it as a loss going in anyway.

Their only 2 goals after half time I believe were the 50m penalty against grimes and the BS deliberate rushed behind. Fully fit in a rematch we smash them.

Balta and Nank to ruck. Drop Naismith and Ryan. More pace in the team needed. Anywhere. Bauer in the forward line and he can be a swingman.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Taranto 14 touches.

Has he given up already in the start of his second year into his mammoth deal?
Taranto must have been in double figures for clangers.
Some of his kicking in the first half was below auskick level.
Cornes and co will get stuck into him during the week. He deserves every bit of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a shithouse performance overall. Poor selections, poor effort in the first half. poor coaching in the first half. Never in it, then when the game looks to be getting interesting umps pull two goals out their arse for the Suns and the game fizzles out. I'm left wondering whether our players lose a bit of intent when something like that happens coz we didn't look like doing much after that. But * me we aren't going to win many games if we give teams a ten goal start even without corrupt umpiring.

We are in rebuild mode,Gold Coast looking to finals we came back at them in third but the damage was done.I liked Seth Campbells game bit more experience and he will be ok.Jack Ross should have been in the 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back