Half-BacksKaleb Smith49Hugo Ralphsmith13Chad Harris54
CentreAustin Johnson51Kane McAuliffe28Will Bravo70
Half-ForwardsMohammed Yassine52Steely Green48Cameron Olden58
ForwardsJacob Koschitzke20Noah Cumberland38Samson Ryan32
FollowersSam Naismith24Lachlan Street55Tyler Sonsie40
InterchangeJed Feneley64Thomas Brindley61Lachlan Wilson82
Harrison White56Archie May71
EMGLiam George67

The VFL season gets underway this weekend with the Tigers heading back to the Gold Coast to take on the Suns. With only 9 AFL listed players available due to injuries it's going to require the VFL listed players to step up if we want to secure the 4 points.

We welcome back Tyler Sonsie for his first game of the season after serving his suspension, while Naismith takes over as the number 1 ruck, with Samson partnering Kochitzke up forward. Interestingly Judson Clarke has remained in Melbourne as the hold over emergency.

Looking forward to see how the combination of McAuliffe and Sonsie go in the midfield as there could well be opportunities opening up if Meehan keeps butchering blokes.

Of the VFL listed players I'll be watching to see how El Nour performs as we'll have a spot for a MSD pick opening up due to Gibcus going down and he has looked very good so far this year during the preseason games. Another player to keep an eye on is Yassine a real live wire small forward who has shown some promising signs since getting his chance last year. I'd also be keen to see how Archie May goes, was quite raw last year, but seems to have matured a bit over summer and now looks a handy prospect up forward.

The game will be live streamed via the AFL app tomorrow.

Anyone seen Girolami play before or is he only playing because Millers been promoted?
Believe he's played a couple of the practice matches. Here's his write up from the club site

23-Jul-2002 (21 years old), 1st year in program, hybrid defender, 191cm

Local club - Mt Eliza (Mornington Peninsula Nepean FL)

Hybrid defender from Mt Eliza that made the 2023 Division 1 Team of the Year in the MPNFL in his first year of senior football. Everything is starting to click for him to have a crack at a higher level and with his excellent aerial power, competitiveness and kicking it should be seamless transition.

Anyone seen Girolami play before or is he only playing because Millers been promoted?

Made a couple of blunders in the earlier practice matches but has been looking better by the week.

I've been really impressed with Wilson, but I think he is about 23-24yo already. Our VFL contingent is mainly mature and experienced at this level now, I have said before, I think this team can go places this year.

Made a couple of blunders in the earlier practice matches but has been looking better by the week.

I've been really impressed with Wilson, but I think he is about 23-24yo already. Our VFL contingent is mainly mature and experienced at this level now, I have said before, I think this team can go places this year.
Wilson is 25 already

agreed, we have a really good mix of quality vfl players, best ive seen tbh. unless we totally drain them of afl level talent we're a big chance this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BacksMutaz El Nour57Nick Girolami59Nick Guiney62
Half-BacksKaleb Smith49Hugo Ralphsmith13Chad Harris54
CentreAustin Johnson51Kane McAuliffe28Will Bravo70
Half-ForwardsMohammed Yassine52Steely Green48Cameron Olden58
ForwardsJacob Koschitzke20Noah Cumberland38Samson Ryan32
FollowersSam Naismith24Lachlan Street55Tyler Sonsie40
InterchangeJed Feneley64Thomas Brindley61Lachlan Wilson82
Harrison White56Archie May71
EMGLiam George67

The VFL season gets underway this weekend with the Tigers heading back to the Gold Coast to take on the Suns. With only 9 AFL listed players available due to injuries it's going to require the VFL listed players to step up if we want to secure the 4 points.

We welcome back Tyler Sonsie for his first game of the season after serving his suspension, while Naismith takes over as the number 1 ruck, with Samson partnering Kochitzke up forward. Interestingly Judson Clarke has remained in Melbourne as the hold over emergency.

Looking forward to see how the combination of McAuliffe and Sonsie go in the midfield as there could well be opportunities opening up if Meehan keeps butchering blokes.

Of the VFL listed players I'll be watching to see how El Nour performs as we'll have a spot for a MSD pick opening up due to Gibcus going down and he has looked very good so far this year during the preseason games. Another player to keep an eye on is Yassine a real live wire small forward who has shown some promising signs since getting his chance last year. I'd also be keen to see how Archie May goes, was quite raw last year, but seems to have matured a bit over summer and now looks a handy prospect up forward.

The game will be live streamed via the AFL app tomorrow.
Agree with El Nour as a possible MSD…he’s our Vice Captain and reads the play well and creates it

It’s free entry and the campaigners have let us in now.

$20.90 for a Pepsi max and some chips and a few chicken bites lol.
So basically $10 admission and $10.90 for chicken, chips & drink

Remove this Banner Ad

Back