VFL Round 1 V Gold Coast at Carrara Saturday 12.05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Tried to watch the highlights but couldn't cope with that horrific commentary.
Have you ever tried watching a game without the commentary? It's like being at the ground where your eyes are the commentary. I was happy that we have vision nowadays as I remember the old days had one game a weekend to watch.

I got up there for the second half basically. Moved up to the second tier after the half time break. For all the OUTs to our squad I'm not sure how much Suns VFL squad has changed, but horrible skills and game plan. S Morris had a good full field defence going on and Hugo and El Nour had field days. We had a 3 goal lead when I got there we extended that by 1 goal.

Sonsie and Kmac II were dominant. Got to get used to seeing different players in different jumpers.

I was trying to watch their high draft picks from last year, Read was OK in the ruck.

A random crowd there, looked like family and friends and kids finished playing basketball next door...

kiss your mum or girl friend after the game.

Nick Guiney had his photo taken with a player from the Suns. Nick Francis maybe.

El-Nour to get selected somewhere in the mid-season draft this year? Was touted last year as a potential pick. Movement looks a lot a better this year, I reckon he was playing banged up last year.
He's a lock I reckon. He hurt his knee in round 5 last year and struggled a little after that. With Gibcus out for the year and Broad and Grimes nearly done it just makes sense for us to pick him up amd get a few games into him ASAP.

Holy s**t, just put the replay. The commentator needs to turn his mike down and sit off the damn thing. This is aweful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kozzie must have tailed off because he’s had 3 disposals inc 2 marks in the first 3 minutes
The delivery into our forward line was far from ideal and none of the KPF from either team really had much of an impact. What he did do was kept presenting and breaking even in contests so that the Suns couldn't get quick rebound from their D50.

He;s such a strong looking man yet he's a bruise free footballer and soft as butter, the hawks must be laughing their heads off at us right now. :$
Hawks shouldn’t be laughing about anything. Absolute rabble at the moment. Like Essendon, a team of faux tough guys. No wonder Kozzie wanted out.

The delivery into our forward line was far from ideal and none of the KPF from either team really had much of an impact. What he did do was kept presenting and breaking even in contests so that the Suns couldn't get quick rebound from their D50.
From what i’m seeing, he’s contesting and bringing alot of ball to ground. Be interesting to hear what his role is from a coach.

I just saw cumbo stick out his hand to kozzie for a high five in the game highlights after we goaled and kozzie just walks past cumbo and ignores him. I wonder what's going on between them two?:think:
Is it like Dusty being gone for the last 15 years because he wasn’t smiling in photos?

Hawks shouldn’t be laughing about anything. Absolute rabble at the moment. Like Essendon, a team of faux tough guys. No wonder Kozzie wanted out.
Perhaps i'm being rough on him but i was so excited when i heard we picked him up but he hasn't fired a cracker as yet. I should really give him half season first before judging him.

Perhaps i'm being rough on him but i was so excited when i heard we picked him up but he hasn't fired a cracker as yet. I should really give him half season first before judging him.
He came to us to learn. He had no one to learn off at Hawks (his words). So yeah, i reckon give it time. Let’s see where it goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back