1. Cumberland.

Tigers run out winner by 23 points.

My best players
5. McAuliffe
4. Sonsie
3. Naismith
2. Ralphsmith
1. Cumberland.

Roughly mine as well. Maybe Naismith ahead of Sonsie and Cumberland ahead of Hugo.
McAulife quieter in second half. I don’t mind if he gets a heap of VFL matches for fitness before debuting. No rush.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full Time Stats for AFL listed
McAuliffe 30 disposals 6 marks 3 tackles 6 clearances 1 goal
Sonsie 26 disposals 8 marks 5 clearances 1 tackle 1 goal
Naismith 22 disposals 32 hit outs 5 marks 2 tackle 10 clearances 1.1
Ralphsmith 20 disposals 9 marks 1 tackle 2 clearances
Smith 14 disposals 5 marks 2 tackles 2 clearances
Cumberland 9 disposals 2 marks 1 tackle 1 clearance 2.1
Koschitzke 8 disposals 3 marks 4 hit outs 1.1
Green 4 disposals 2 marks 3 tackles
Ryan 3 disposals 2 marks 10 hitouts 1.1

McAuliffe - BOG with a dominant display in the first half, drew some closer attention in the 2nd half which limited his impact. Surely banging on the door for a debut.
Sonsie - teamed well with McAuliffe in the middle as they complimented each others games. McAuliffe at the source and Sonsie on the outside. Will only improve on that give it was his first hit out for a month.
Naismith - will be a very handy as an insurance policy for Nankervis should the need arise. Gave the mids silver service at the contest and got back late to help the back line in the last.
Ralphsmith - a whipping boy for many, but played a very solid game across HB and pushing forward. Some brain fades went unpunished and that can't happen if he wants to progress.
Smith - very solid game across HB. Much like Vlastuin and Broad, he just goes about his business with a minimum of fuss. Building nicely after an injury interrupted 2023.
Cumberland - much better overall game from Noah. Didn't have a lot of touches during the first 3 quarters, but defensively was much better, which kept him involved in the game. Could have finished with 3-4 goals as a result. Needs to back it up though as that's been his issue.
Koschitzke - every single key forward struggled to have a big impact on the game. Still he presented well and at the very least didn't allow himself to be out marked. Got a late goal to seal the win, to get back into the seniors he'll need to improve his impact up forward and on the scoreboard.
Green - much quieter game for Green than usual but he''ll bounce back.
Ryan - strange game from Ryan, spent a lot of time forward having no impact after a quick start where he could have kicked 2 in the first 10 minutes. Spent limited time in the ruck, which may mean they're trying to turn him into a forward who rucks. Will be interesting to see how this progresses as the year unfolds.

Only watched the last quarter but sounds like McAullife and Sonsie had a heap of possies and Cumberland looked sharp in the last getting into lots of good spots and making things happen.
Sums it up pretty well.

First half by McAuliffe was monstrous. Wouldn’t surprise me if half of our scores involved him in some way.

Sonsie wasn’t as prolific as McAuliffe with his disposals IMO (McAuliffe was a beast), but it was still one of his best VFL games for us. Great to see.

Cumberland’s possessions were high quality. Kicked 2 (probably should’ve kicked 3), and set up quite a few. Should return to our side soon if he keeps this up.

Tigers run out winner by 23 points.

My best players
5. McAuliffe
4. Sonsie
3. Naismith
2. Ralphsmith
1. Cumberland.
Reckon we need to give lots ofcredit to our back half…solid…lots of new guys playing their first vfl game for points
Feneley, Girolami who were solid along with El Nour, Guinney etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back