Games Video Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Swan Gamers! Come on down!

A place here to talk about different video games. Your favourites, what's coming up, what's terrible, what game was awesome but shat itself inside out or anything else video game related.

I'll start with my brief gaming life at the moment.

Got my girlfriend to finish playing the Mass Effect trilogy. She loved it. unsure on the ending but overall she loved it. Still, in my opinion the best video game series ever. Am looking forward to Pokemon ORAS. Gen 3 was my 2nd least favourite gen but looking forward to it being remade. Loved FRLG and HGSS. Am currently playing Don Bradman as a left arm pacer and Port Royale 3 as a trader who will soon own everything.

So guys and girls, what's your gaming lifestyle like?

May as well contribute. Spent the weekend playing Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One which had fantastic controls (loved the brake vibration) and an awesome bucket list. Graphics around Europe were especially amazing. Unity & Halo coming out on Tuesday which will also be a blast. Unity came with the bundle which is awesome.

Played the first chapter of Tales of Monkey Island on the weekend and enjoyed it, though very few adventure games can surpass Grim Fandango IMO as that was superb, it had the perfect balance of story, puzzles and dialogue. Haven't played the Back to the Future games yet Millky95 (no time) but watched the trailer and it looked a bit meh, just couldn't get excited about Marty going back in time again to save Doc.

Played the first chapter of Tales of Monkey Island on the weekend and enjoyed it, though very few adventure games can surpass Grim Fandango IMO as that was superb, it had the perfect balance of story, puzzles and dialogue. Haven't played the Back to the Future games yet Millky95 (no time) but watched the trailer and it looked a bit meh, just couldn't get excited about Marty going back in time again to save Doc.
It is more than that after chapter 1. But you meet even younger Doc

Do you guys buy games online or at the shops?
Depends. I try to at the shops to support local retailers. Or I buy steam credit at the retailer. If a deal is too good or just works (wwe 2k16 110 retail or 89 online with free delivery?) I do online

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hmmm, thinking about ozgame shop for console games or JB. Tbh i like the feeling of going to the shop and actually buying the game in person.

hmmm, thinking about ozgame shop for console games or JB. Tbh i like the feeling of going to the shop and actually buying the game in person.
JB is the best for going in person price wise. Go in person. Costs a bit more but gets you out of the house and supports local retailers

JB is the best for going in person price wise. Go in person. Costs a bit more but gets you out of the house and supports local retailers
I sort of had to ban myself from JB, I have zero self control in that store. As the 5 very large boxes full of CDs I've just packed can attest:oops:

I sort of had to ban myself from JB, I have zero self control in that store. As the 5 very large boxes full of CDs I've just packed can attest:oops:
I know exactly how you feel. 3 for 2 dvd deals? My wallet cries

I've been flatout on nba2k16, madden 15 + 16 & nhl 15 +16.

I got nhl & madden 15 when I got my ps4 then a few weeks later 16 hit. I just couldn't wait so had to go 15 early. Luckily got them cheap as 16 was so close... not lucky I got suckered into 16 pretty much as soon as it dropped which negated buying 15 anyway (cheap or not).

The Secret of Monkey Island (The original) is the single greatest adventure game of all time. It's better than Grim Fandango imo.

Currently getting back into Diablo 3. Might grab Fallout 4 next month as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back