Unsolved WA Family Who Vanished - The Nannup doomsday cult

Remove this Banner Ad

I had been persuing leads of internet cults with with similar themes to what Gary Felton created with Truth Fellowship. Most were dead ends, or said they didn't suspect Gary Felton was amongst them. In April 2018 I queried this one (pictured). The response was unusual, he locked his witter account, then deleted it. I found an interesting George Papavangelou family trust established In Victoria April 13 2000, which also appeared to of hastily closed up and disappeared from company search records on the internet. I believe it's linked to the Twitter account.

Following those leads and this one http://time-to-choose.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/the-new-call-backup-website.html
I came upon Brother "Gee" who says he's American, but the blogspot domains he's linked to are all .au Australian.

These to me, are active leads, if those hackers want to pursue them further, good luck, but whoever's involved in this Whether George Papavangelou is a real person or an alias is evasive and locks accounts as soon as you ask about the missing people from Nannup.
d5dfd8c8e72cd3881e8c6cbbfcdedca1.jpg

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

I wonder if the Adelaide Hackers did look into this "George Papavangelou" fellow as I suggested and follow up any leads?

You probably know way more than me. A lot i forgot about as I was working on the Claremont case.
I'm at a loss, as much as the next bloke.

Out of the inquest, the only lead that suggested that they were alive for any amount of time, was the witness at the Albany Caravan Park.

It is more likely that the group that reported a smell and found some material in the bush at Northcliffe might've been the closest lead that anyone had to solving this mystery or at least where Popic ended up after he bought the bus ticket. Unfortunately the area had been subjected to bushfire since, and any remains are probably lost.

I'm at a loss, as much as the next bloke.

Out of the inquest, the only lead that suggested that they were alive for any amount of time, was the witness at the Albany Caravan Park.

It is more likely that the group that reported a smell and found some material in the bush at Northcliffe might've been the closest lead that anyone had to solving this mystery or at least where Popic ended up after he bought the bus ticket. Unfortunately the area had been subjected to bushfire since, and any remains are probably lost.

It was Popic on public transport and split from the group that really jars, it doesn't fit in. Unless it wasn't Popic and there's been a mistake on identity?

It was Popic on public transport and split from the group that really jars, it doesn't fit in. Unless it wasn't Popic and there's been a mistake on identity?

That's the part of this case that really messes with my head. If that was Popic in Perth, why did he have to come up before vanishing?

That's the part of this case that really messes with my head. If that was Popic in Perth, why did he have to come up before vanishing?
Tony was the only member of the group that had close family in Perth. His brother was a real estate agent in East Perth. It might be probable that he was given a choice, got to Perth and gave it some thought before heading back to where the others were already Deceased. His last trip was to Northcliffe on the bus from East Perth. The bush walking group reported the rotten flesh smell in Northcliffe. My guess is that Tony added his body to the pre-existing pile of corpses. It's a shame that they hadn't been found. Could Gary of tricked them all, and survived? I don't think he had. He had no means to live without any source of money, and he knew that the police were already onto him for the fake passport.

I think it was whoever killed them, probably Kadwell and he stole Popic's ID. Leaving a false trail and while he bought a train ticket to Kalgoorlie, may not have got on it.

Popic's ID never popped up again.

Tony was the only member of the group that had close family in Perth. His brother was a real estate agent in East Perth. It might be probable that he was given a choice, got to Perth and gave it some thought before heading back to where the others were already Deceased. His last trip was to Northcliffe on the bus from East Perth. The bush walking group reported the rotten flesh smell in Northcliffe. My guess is that Tony added his body to the pre-existing pile of corpses. It's a shame that they hadn't been found. Could Gary of tricked them all, and survived? I don't think he had. He had no means to live without any source of money, and he knew that the police were already onto him for the fake passport.

The documentary has Popic or someone who stole his identity, as last buying a train ticket to Kalgoorlie.

Days after last contact with Chantel someone using Popic's mobile phone boarded a train in to Perth using the name Jason Roberts

Within an hour, a man calling himself Tony Popic checked in to the Underground Backpackers Motel in Northbridge where he stayed the night

The next day, around 7.00am the same man caught a taxi to the East Perth Railway Station where he buys, under the name of J. Roberts using the same name he used for the train out of Nannup, a ticket to Kalgoorlie. He was confirmed as having boarded that train and sitting in seat 16.

The next day, around 7.00am the same man caught a taxi to the East Perth Railway Station where he buys, under the name of J. Roberts using the same name he used for the train out of Nannup, a ticket to Kalgoorlie. He was confirmed as having boarded that train and sitting in seat 16.
I used to live in Nannup, there is no train station in Nannup. I think Bunbury would be the closest.

From what we know of what the police evidence presented to the coroner, it was Popic who visited Perth, as per the pizza delivery driver identifying Popic as the man whom he delivered a pizza to in Kings Park. There was two tickets. One was for the Prospector train bought at East Perth where the mobile phone was left and a pre-existing return Westrail bus ticket to Nannup which was bought for his initial trip to Perth. I believe that he did board a bus to Nannup after deposting the phone on the train having marked off his name. The train is at East Perth for an hour before departure giving him plenty of time to change his mind and catch the bus which leaves from the same location.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I had been persuing leads of internet cults with similar themes to what Gary Felton created with Truth Fellowship. Most were dead ends, or said they didn't suspect Gary Felton was amongst them. In April 2018, I queried this one (pictured). The response was unusual. He locked his Twitter account, then deleted it. I found an interesting George Papavangelou family trust established in Victoria on April 13 2000, which also appeared to hastily closed up and disappeared from company search records on the internet. I believe it's linked to the Twitter account.

Following those leads and this one The New Call - Backup Website
I came upon Brother "Gee," who says he's American, but the blogspot domains he's linked to are all .au Australian.

These to me, are active leads, if those hackers want to pursue them further, good luck, but whoever's involved in this Whether George Papavangelou is a real person or an alias is evasive and locks accounts as soon as you ask about the missing people from Nannup.
d5dfd8c8e72cd3881e8c6cbbfcdedca1.jpg

Has anyone gotten any further with this George Papavangelou lead? Can we discount this in pursuit of Gary Felton?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It did, many years ago.
The media seems to of lost interest.

I keep looking, for the shake of Leela's grandparents. If only the slightest chance.

Yeah I remember a CIA episode with Steve Liebmann was where I first heard about it but not much lately. I would love that show to come back

REAL LIFE

MARCH 11, 2020

Real life: My daughter joined the Truth Fellowship cult, then she disappeared

I knew my daughter's partner was an oddball, but I had no idea what he was capable of...until it was too late.

"I know in my heart they’ve probably passed away, but I can’t give up hope. Jim and I will search for them until the day we die." Catherine McDougall

So will we Catherine, so will we.
We're still searching for signs of Gary's presence on the internet. If we suspect this *ucker is still alive and grifting money and followers with his known patterns of behaviour then the Police and you will be the first to be informed.

Gary, if you're alive, you egotistical maniac, I know you'll want to read everything about yourself including this and every thing written about the hunt to find you. You owe Leela's grandmother the truth. You know that you you will be haunted forever, even if you've convinced yourself to believe your own fantasies, you will be haunted by not reconciling the anguish of Leela's grandparents until you do. You don't want to get caught? No one will leave you alone until the grandparents anguish is over.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back