Brunos23

Senior List
Jun 4, 2008
Attadale
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
western warriors
Just gonna get some peoples thoughts on the Colts season.

Some of the better players from each team and who will be the better teams in the comp.

Better Players
Claremont: Ledger, Foley Litherland

East Fremantle: Hancock, Monaco, Shaw

Perth: Conca, Murray

Peel Thunder: O'Driscoll, Gillam, McFarlane

East Perth: Maldenis, Brookes, Pioneri

West Perth: Black, Elissiou

South Fremantle: Newton

Not sure on Subi and Swans.

I Believe Claremont and East Freo are the teams to beat at this stage of the year?

Good thread Brunos. Agree with EF being one of the front runnners, we got beaten by them this week, after beating our first 2 opponents.

For Swans Coniglio, Burnham, Erceg, Outridge are amongst our best.

I also like the look of Adams (take your pick), Faulkner and Blinman has looked OK in first 2 games.

EF colts beat Claremonts today and are 5 - 0.....I reckon it's the first time they have beaten Claremonts colts in about 3 - 4 years....ditto against SD last week. Mitch Boyle is a class act from Geraldton, represented Great Northern in the Wesfarmers comp last year and made the A grade All stars team. Also Cam Eardley is talented youngster as well from EF. Big plus for EF is that their two u/18 reps for this year, Jamie Cripps and Alex Fasolo haven't played a single colts game this year...only reserves and league, so when the u/18 state comp starts, EF colts team won't be weakened compared to some other sides in the comp.

EF colts beat Claremonts today and are 5 - 0.....I reckon it's the first time they have beaten Claremonts colts in about 3 - 4 years....ditto against SD last week. Mitch Boyle is a class act from Geraldton, represented Great Northern in the Wesfarmers comp last year and made the A grade All stars team. Also Cam Eardley is talented youngster as well from EF. Big plus for EF is that their two u/18 reps for this year, Jamie Cripps and Alex Fasolo haven't played a single colts game this year...only reserves and league, so when the u/18 state comp starts, EF colts team won't be weakened compared to some other sides in the comp.

Love Mitch Boyle impressive kid.

EF colts unbeaten run keeps rolling on.....Mitch Boyle collects 30 odd possessions v SF...how this kid isn't in the u/18 state team I'll never know!.....

Has the 2010 WAFL Colts TOTY been named?

I can't find a link for it on the web.

From memory they usually ave it in the GF budget so it should be already named but not yet published electronicly as of yet.

GF starts at 2:15pm tomorrow, for those going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free entry for the colts GF I presume?

There were quite a few draftees who participated in last year's colts grand final:

A.Black, Colyer, Fyfe, Weedon, Neates, Winmar, Broome

I haven't been following the colts much this year, but doesn't seem like there are as many strong draft prospects playing in this year's?

Justin Monaco is the only one that stands out to me from what I saw in the U18 Championships and the only one that appears to have been invited to the national draft combine.

Schofield, Lawrence, Johannisen, McKenna, Hancock, Butcher, Chalwell, Menengola were all invited to the state combine.

Maybe a few for the coming years - Peel have a young squad of 30 listed with 10x '93 birthdates and 3x '94 birthdates (East Freo have 4x '93 birthdates).

Also...

WAFL Colts Team of the Year (p21 of the WAFL GF Record)

Litherland and Conca are probably the only two that are 'definites' (both invited to the national combine and both had good U18 Championships - Conca was also good in his games at WAFL League level).

Anyone else in there that others rate a good chance to be drafted?

WOW that team is dominated by East Fremantle. Maybe they will win the colts GF. I would think a small fee of $5 would be the go for the WAFL GF?

Luke Morabito my be looked at as a possible rookie (development) listed player. Already the same size as Anthony but needs to continue to develop aspects of his game. Gets the opportunity tomorrow to show scouts what he can do.

Free entry for the colts GF I presume?

There were quite a few draftees who participated in last year's colts grand final:

A.Black, Colyer, Fyfe, Weedon, Neates, Winmar, Broome

I haven't been following the colts much this year, but doesn't seem like there are as many strong draft prospects playing in this year's?

Justin Monaco is the only one that stands out to me from what I saw in the U18 Championships and the only one that appears to have been invited to the national draft combine.

Schofield, Lawrence, Johannisen, McKenna, Hancock, Butcher, Chalwell, Menengola were all invited to the state combine.

Maybe a few for the coming years - Peel have a young squad of 30 listed with 10x '93 birthdates and 3x '94 birthdates (East Freo have 4x '93 birthdates).

Also...

WAFL Colts Team of the Year (p21 of the WAFL GF Record)

Litherland and Conca are probably the only two that are 'definites' (both invited to the national combine and both had good U18 Championships - Conca was also good in his games at WAFL League level).

Anyone else in there that others rate a good chance to be drafted?

Essentially, they're asking for gold coin donation.

Would recruit Brookes, Outridge and possibly Adams.

Wonder where Jordan Lockyer sits in the scheme of things?

So is there going to be radio for this game or is the WAFL live website the next best thing for not being there?

Is there a radio link on the web some where> Only got the WAFL live online and have to go sit in the car if I want to listen to it but then I don't have the stats of the WAFL online.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back