2nds WAFL Watch 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Was thinking about it JMT, but the weather is looking shitful and Im incredibly lazy, so I might have to give it a miss. Can you keep an eye on Taberner for me mate? Would really like to know how he goes in the bigs.

All good mate, my pregnant wife with only a few weeks to go went with me in the rain, so harden up... haha :p Tabener was ok but dropped a few easy grabs.

Great game and win today in the wet for Peel. I was impressed with a number of players. Some not on our list who had good games was Cruize Garlett, Marlon Motlop and Jamison Daniels.

Players from Freo
Hannath had a great game who did the majority of the ruck work and seems to have a pretty good fitness level.

Forster did very little.

Michie was impressive got heaps of the bal and uses it well. May not have enough fitness for AFL at the moment.

Crozier kicked well and and nailed 2 good goals. He is played mainly on the wing and pushes forward at times.

Sherridan was solid and workman like. Has good footskills.

I saw both Z Clarke and Moller hanging out together both walking around fine hopefully almost over their injuries. Chrichton looked also in good spirits walking around.

Ballas, Tanner Smith, Lachie Neale watching the game too and Roger Hayden was their overseeing the game.

Peel look to be getting to know each other better and I think they will post a few more wins this season.

Stats from Peel vs S. Districts

TABERNER: 9d, 6k, 3h, 3m, 3t, 1.2
HANNATH: 14d, 11k, 3h, 3m, 4t, 33ho, 4i50
MICHIE: 25d, 18k, 7h, 3m, 5t, 4i50
CROZIER: 17d, 13k, 4h, 5m, 2t, 2i50, 2.0
FORSTER: 8d, 6k, 2h, 4m, 3t
SHERIDAN: 18d, 12k, 6h, 5m, 4t, 2ho, 2i50, 0.1

From the numbers:
- Very kick-happy
- Forster, Taberner relatively quiet league debuts (?)
- Hannath drew level in the ruck
- Michie a ball magnet

What happened to Sherrif ;he was reporting on everything preseason and then over the great abyss of other things which we do......??

Found and early statement from Jedi about Taberner

All good mate, my pregnant wife with only a few weeks to go went with me in the rain, so harden up... haha :p Tabener was ok but dropped a few easy grabs.

I should have gone to the game as well, but my dog is such a sook.

What happened to Sherrif ;he was reporting on everything preseason and then over the great abyss of other things which we do......??

I was thinking the same. We need Sheriff back. Don't know where he went but he was a good poster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Average at best, had plenty of opotunities but dropped marks and didn't use the ball that well. Having said that it was his first senior game and he can only improve.

Fingers crossed

Thanks for that. Pretty much how the radio commentators and another poster saw his game. Guess we were all hoping for a little better. He was recruited on the rookie and not main list for a reason, so we will have to be patient.

Taberner is a long, long way off AFL, let alone holding a KP spit in a league side.

His drops lead to turnover goals, it's pretty obvious he's played Country footy, he would have run blokes into the ground and looked a million bucks. Not the same space at WAFL level, he puts himself under a lot of pressure by decelerating at the moment he attempts to mark the ball.

I know it's early, but I do worry that he's an athlete first, footballer second.

That said, first league game, not really a day for the talls, so I'm sure he'll improve.

The only bloke who could be picked on their form today is Michie, great game through the middle.

Hannatg, in my opinion, lost his battle with Wes Lammie, only on points.

But if you're dinkum about playing league, you've for to beat blokes like Lammie.

Sheridans ball use was poor, he gets caught ball watching and is drawn to congestion. He plates on Garlett today for long periods and just let gun have acres of space, Garlett needs a metre and he'll cut you to pieces.

Garlett would have been involved in 80% of the Swans scores, whether it be through the middle, half back or pumping it inside 50. His second goal was unforgivable. He slipped into space 40 out Sheridan pointed because he'd been sucked to the play and Garlett waltz into 35, no pressure and slotted it.

Wrong board I know, but how was Murray?

I was thinking the same. We need Sheriff back. Don't know where he went but he was a good poster.

He called me a few weeks ago to play a game of cricket which I had to decline. He said he was starting up a new buisness and was too busy to post oh here etc... I wish him well and a speedy return back to bigfooty as I really enjoyed his healthy debate with Arc about Muzungu being best 22. :D

It must have been an extraordinary ruck duel if those stats of Hannath's only equate to a break even.

Lammie had 34 hit outs, 20 possessions and pumped the ball into 50, 5 times.

I also thought he palmed the ball to the advantage of his mids more than Hannath, early on Lammie was jumping all over Hannath, after quarter time there was a noticeable change, Hannath went after his thighs, legitimately, so he's definitely a fighter.

I thought Lammie kept his team in the game for a large part of it.

In open play Peel moved the ball too sharply for the Swans.

I also thought he palmed the ball to the advantage of his mids more than Hannath, early on Lammie was jumping all over Hannath, after quarter time there was a noticeable change, Hannath went after his thighs, legitimately, so he's definitely a fighter.

Cheers. That certainly is quite a duel.

Nice analysis. Much appreciated.

I have no idea what you're talking about re: thighs, but it sounds like you know what you're talking about. I can imagine, but that's what comes from having zero background in footy besides watching it.

Had a great day, watching a good standard game at a surburban oval ,the rain was falling and the beer was cold; a few comments on the way I saw it .
Sheridan is good,but doesn't do enough hard work
Crozier had a very good game,very good kick for goal
Hannath great game thought he shaded Lammie
Michie a real goer,inside hard nut,will be v.good in time
Taberner will be v.good,tall mobile and makes a contest
Forster average, lacks confidence,doesn't hit the contest hard enough
Overall some good signs, and a good win by Peel

Nice analysis. Much appreciated.

I have no idea what you're talking about re: thighs, but it sounds like you know what you're talking about. I can imagine, but that's what comes from having zero background in footy besides watching it.

Old ruckman tactic.

You jump too high for me and in the next contest I will drive my knee or boot that far into your f***ing thigh that you'll never jump again!;)

Old ruckman tactic.

You jump too high for me and in the next contest I will drive my knee or boot that far into your f***ing thigh that you'll never jump again!;)

Cheers for the explanation. Thought as much.

Along with no experience playing competitive footy, I have no background in MMA. But in this case the concepts are the same. Muay thai guys will attack the thighs of wrestlers or boxers with low kicks to break down their explosiveness, and slow them down.

In
IMO Hannath won the ruck battle and was better around the ground. I was sitting in front of the Peel ressies coach in the second half and he also said Hannath had a great game.

In your opinion is he ready to play for us against Richmond .

My gut is telling me sight unseen that Lyon is seriously looking at him to step up and fill Pavs boots
as a forward and a run in the ruck to help ease the load on griff .

He is a big boy

Can he be a target and does he lead well good patterns
or where his marks only around the ground type .

What sort of acceleration has he got ie first 5 yards

Im thinking f\f with Kepps next to him providing the blocks so he can take the contested marks and Kepps
being able to offer a lead splitting the defence with multiple leads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back