Injury Walters dislocated the tendon in his ankle

Remove this Banner Ad

Well there is lots of speculation and that’s all we have atm... Worst case scenario is Walters is out for the year, leaving the door open for someone to standup and finally get a chance to shine! Come-on Croz/Neale/Simpson (duffy at the end of the season?)

Saw this on the worst:
“…There is the possibility that Walters has suffered a "syndesmosis", or separation injury, to the ankle similar to those sustained by Dockers midfielder David Mundy in 2011 and Eagles defender Shannon Hurn last year. Both were sidelined for half a season...”

So being optimistic, he might miss the majority of the season but perhaps return near the end of it :) or even in 6 weeks if the injury gods shine on us!
We’ll miss is x-factor but I think some of the younger guys can stand up to the task. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw on AFL website that RTB says Walters is more likely than unlikely to miss the rest of the season. This is terrible news for Son Son.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just saw on AFL website that RTB says Walters is more likely than unlikely to miss the rest of the season. This is terrible news for Son Son.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The context of that quote was that if he required surgery it would most likely be the end of his season.
There was a further quote that said it is unlikely the joint will stabilize over the rest period but they will give that a chance, should that fail that would be the trigger for surgery

Don't risk Son Son - have the surgery now and hopefully he'll be right for the finals. Plus if you don't think that Simpson can also quickly obtain the same lofty heights that Son Son has, in either a small forward or midfielder role, then you haven't been paying attention. No one sung Sonny's praises on his initial return to the team - yet IIRC, he kicked four goals in his first game back in Freo's hour of need.

Josh is perfectly capable of doing exactly the same thing IMO - fingers crossed for him.

Last edited:
Calm and peace, Spirit?!:mad:

I'm swinging between Purple Wizard's stages two and four :( On the stages of grief, about Son-Son's injury. Much as I love watching him play, rushing him back for finals would be cruel. Let the injury properly heal. He's 23. I don't want him spending the rest of his life hobbling because he wasn't properly cared for.

Wait, throw in this one, for the stages of grief: :drunk:

I don't even have a $£€¥@$' name for that one!

Seriously, Spirit, I feel you. It's only Rd 4 and our boys are dropping like flies -- oh, that is, when the MRP doesn't decide to rub a couple of them out. Suddenly, two of our three best mids are unavailable, our All-Australian-nominated pocket rocket is done for the year, our two biggest off-season acquisitions brought in to address our most glaring needs have yet to set foot on the ground and we're coming off one of our most embarrassing defeats in club history. And then Lethal Leigh even hurts the feelings of our dominant ruckman, saying he's overrated!

D'oh! Have I just poked my head through the clouds, or is that the friggin' sky falling? WTF?!!

What on earth did we do to piss off the footy gods?!

Somebody bring me my tequila lemon drop and six beer chasers and my salted pepper chicken wings, Big Mac and fries! :mad: Makes me wanna gain all the weight back I've recently lost! And while we're at it, crank up the most annoying, sniveling REO Speedwagon songs you can find to put me in a pissed off mood! And bring me my damn straitjacket! :drunk:

I knew being a Freo fan is a test of faith and I'll never, ever abandon the Purple Haze, but damn, this is ponderous!

Calm and peace, Spirit?!:mad:

I'm swinging between Purple Wizard's stages two and four :( On the stages of grief, about Son-Son's injury. Much as I love watching him play, rushing him back for finals would be cruel. Let the injury properly heal. He's 23. I don't want him spending the rest of his life hobbling because he wasn't properly cared for.

Wait, throw in this one, for the stages of grief: :drunk:

I don't even have a $£€¥@$' name for that one!

Seriously, Spirit, I feel you. It's only Rd 4 and our boys are dropping like flies -- oh, that is, when the MRP doesn't decide to rub a couple of them out. Suddenly, two of our three best mids are unavailable, our All-Australian-nominated pocket rocket is done for the year, our two biggest off-season acquisitions brought in to address our most glaring needs have yet to set foot on the ground and we're coming off one of our most embarrassing defeats in club history. And then Lethal Leigh even hurts the feelings of our dominant ruckman, saying he's overrated!

D'oh! Have I just poked my head through the clouds, or is that the friggin' sky falling? WTF?!!

What on earth did we do to piss off the footy gods?!

Somebody bring me my tequila lemon drop and six beer chasers and my salted pepper chicken wings, Big Mac and fries! :mad: Makes me wanna gain all the weight back I've recently lost! And while we're at it, crank up the most annoying, sniveling REO Speedwagon songs you can find to put me in a pissed off mood! And bring me my damn straitjacket! :drunk:

I knew being a Freo fan is a test of faith and I'll never, ever abandon the Purple Haze, but damn, this is ponderous!

Crikey Gil !!!! That's unlike you. Slap yourself with a wet fish my friend !! We need your positivity over here

we're coming off one of our most embarrassing defeats in club history

I know where you're coming from here Gil, but I was present at the MCG for Round 7 2008 where we lost to Melbourne after leading by 50 points at half time. When it comes to embarrassing Freo defeats, it's going to take something approaching a 250 point shellacking to ever go past that one!

Crikey Gil !!!! That's unlike you. Slap yourself with a wet fish my friend !! We need your positivity over here

I feel like the woman in the 1980 movie "Airplane" ("Flying High," I think you guys called it there), who freaks out, then has the passengers lining up to smack her around to calm her down! Tell you what...we beat Essendon, then MAYBE I'll scoot a little back from the ledge. Oh, who am I kidding? There's no ledge here, I live in a first-floor apartment! But you all get the idea!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back