Wanted: AFL Evolution Ultimate Team / My Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 11, 2006
skye
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gday Lads,

I personally couldnt think of anything better than have a Fifa / Madden / 2k style Ultimate team / my team game mode in afl evolution with Packs of Virtual Footy cards!

It could really be a great way for the Developers to raise extra funding with the purchasing of Virtual Cards through real $$ or the in game currency for those who do not wish to spend additional money which is fair enough.

Now for all those haters out there who wish to come on here with there negative crap about how the developer is trying to rob them, and they are stealing profits without making the game better pi$$ off out of here, Im not interested

I personally am enjoying the game for what it is, and in no time they will release a patch that will make it better, all you have to do is be patient, so if you wanna cry like a little biache, take it else where!

This thread is for those who are interested to post suggestions and hopefully we can convince the developer to create this game mode

Id imagine it would go something like this:
  • Create Team name / Guernsey / home ground etc etc
  • Recieve a start up pack that will give you 1 Tier 1 player, 2 Tier 2 Players and the rest would be tier 3 players for examples
  • Your base team would be full of a bunch of Tier 3 players rated between 60-70 say, with the obvious aim to rip packs and build a better team
  • Collection rewards of collecting cards of every team, Past and Present
  • Online obviously
  • But more importantly, engaging single player challenges where you have to come back from 5 goals down at half time for 5K in game coins etc etc
  • But even more importantly, domination where you have to beat every team an achieve a certain amount of things in the games to pass the level, also make this replayable but harder every time its completed so its not just 1 and done
  • Weekly challenges would be ideal
  • I think having historic players to collect would really give alot of carrot for people to want to continue
Anyways there is probably heaps more about this game mode ive missed, Im a huge NBA 2k My team fan, so alot is based off that system, but seriously there could be nothing better IMO to see this for AFL, I would spend a ridiculous fortune!!

If you dont agree, dont post!

But for those who wish to help me convince the developer to bring it in, lets do it, post suggestions and thoughts!!

I have no idea what you are talking about above

Id love to know your experience with past versions of Ultimate team? Surely brings you back to your younger days of collecting footy cards!!

Its simply the way of the future for sporting games, How people cant see this with Madden, NBA 2k, Fifa, MLB the show

If its not a feature in our future sporting games AFL / Cricket, then they will get left behind IMO

I have no idea what you are talking about above

Id love to know your experience with past versions of Ultimate team? Surely brings you back to your younger days of collecting footy cards!!

Its simply the way of the future for sporting games, How people cant see this with Madden, NBA 2k, Fifa, MLB the show

If its not a feature in our future sporting games AFL / Cricket, then they will get left behind IMO
It's a pay to win game.

End of.

Or alternatively, you can play it alot, and gain alot of In game currency, and effectively have great players in every position where it comes down to skill

Yes its quicker to get awesome players if you spend real cash, but if you take your time and complete the challenges and use the rewards to rip packs and gain players, eventually its the same outcome, and most likely more rewarding - You legit end with the same players that people spend money to get, it comes down to how good you are because a rating here or there makes no difference

Open your mind son

This negativity doesnt help anyone, how could you possibly not be all for another game mode? its absolutely puzzling how negative some of you people can be!

Or alternatively, you can play it alot, and gain alot of In game currency, and effectively have great players in every position where it comes down to skill

Yes its quicker to get awesome players if you spend real cash, but if you take your time and complete the challenges and use the rewards to rip packs and gain players, eventually its the same outcome, and most likely more rewarding - You legit end with the same players that people spend money to get, it comes down to how good you are because a rating here or there makes no difference

Open your mind son

This negativity doesnt help anyone, how could you possibly not be all for another game mode? its absolutely puzzling how negative some of you people can be!
I'd rather they spent the money on actually improving the game, it's pretty broken at the moment.

It's a pay to win game.

End of.

100% agreed, especially considering the lack of goodwill towards this game from the casual video gaming crowd and some people here. They'll be better off trying to gain that crowd back rather than alienate more people with microtransactions in a low-budget game that isn't at the level of other sports games.

Do you guys understand that the more revenue they create then it increases the chances of them improving the game engine more and more, why is this point falling on deaf ears?

We are all blaming Tru Blu and the AFL for not giving them enough money apparently, Im not sure about those details, but what I can see here is an opportunity for revenue to increase, whilst getting a game mode that alot of people enjoy, hence better shot at the game engine improving

I thought that was logical???

Also Im fairly certain that a Patch will come through soon that improves alot of these glitches, what will the haters complain about then? I know, lack of replay ability due to minimal game modes!! My Team has alot to offer to keep em coming back for more!

Do you think that sales of the game would increase if they added microtransactions? I don't.
I think most people would see this as quite frankly insulting if they added something like this to the game at this stage.

As much as i want this to happen, i think they should just focus on getting the gameplay right first because at the moment its virtually unplayable

Do you guys understand that the more revenue they create then it increases the chances of them improving the game engine more and more, why is this point falling on deaf ears?
Do you understand how much this would cost them to produce? EA have to set aside devs specifically to ultimate team, It would only distract WW from working on what is really important, the gameplay. No one is paying for microtransactions if the gameplay is s**t.
It would be a cool feature to have, but at the moment it should be right down the bottom of Wicked Witch's priorities.

Found this on Youtube looking around at AFL EVO vids
I recommend looking through the game on youtube gaming
Good idea, terrible commentary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back