Wayne Schwass

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance for a copy?
You can wait an eternity for me to upload, else you can mail me a USB stick (64GB or more) and I'll send it back in the mail.

That game is part of a VHS rip file that is 10GB (multiple game highlights on a 4 hour tape), and the audio needs to be cleaned up as well. My VHS tapes didn't hold up that well over time.

Was such a hard, exciting and speedy player.
Had all the skills great kick, mark and handballer - tough as they come n could hit like no other. Had that white line fever where he lost it at times.
Seeing him running down the wing with those long strides of him was a joy to watch

An enjoyment to relive those highlights of him in full flight

Mansfield is my age and would have been in my year but wasn't at St Peters. I would have gone to St Virgils but we left Hobart and moved to Melbourne. I wonder if i played against him. Did against Paul Hudson u 10s and maybe 12s. Little prick used to wear metal stops and cos of his dad he was allowed to get away with it.

That was North's 125th anniversary game vs the Pies in'94. No Carey that night. North trailed at HT by 17pts IIRC but as you stated, Pagan moved him to the goal square allowing the Horse to run rampant from CHF (6.6) as North turned the game on it's head in the second half. Tony Shaw's 300th also fraughted.. :D
The main thing I remember about that game, I think it was that game, was Leigh Matthews bemoaning our dominance over them after the game. Along the lines of "I don't know what it is, but North Melbourne just seem to know how to beat us." or similar. Ring any bells Hearts to hearts?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back