Streaming We Own This City

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this worth persisting with?

I watched 90% of the first episode and haven’t gone any further.

The fact that it’s David Simon makes me think I should, but the first episode was a bit “eh”.
It depends what you are looking for

if you are attracted to David Simon shows because of how he writes characters and plots stories, there isn’t a lot of that here - because the characters and plot were set by real events

For me the fact that the GTTF events are a true story made it compelling in its own right… the fact that it happens in the atmosphere of David Simon’s Baltimore was kind of a bonus

Is this worth persisting with?

I watched 90% of the first episode and haven’t gone any further.

The fact that it’s David Simon makes me think I should, but the first episode was a bit “eh”.

I liked it but didn't love it. The story is competently told but there's no great scenes or performances. What you get in the first ep is what you get in the rest.

I liked it but didn't love it. The story is competently told but there's no great scenes or performances. What you get in the first ep is what you get in the rest.
Agree with this. Was good without being great for mine.

How depressing is the last episode when they give the current day updates and it is just bad thing after bad thing after bad thing

Baltimore must be an absolute s**t hole full of crooks in and out of uniform

Also I really enjoyed this show, love the pacing, tension and way the story is told albeit the bouncing round time lines was hard at first to follow, obviously felt familiar being a huge fan of the Wire. Bernthal was amazing

Wish they would continue on with this series although the story is self contained and based upon real life corruption. Season 2 is set in a fictional world or based something like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back