Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you guys do lying tricep extensions?

Old school skullcrusher style, or behind the head almost like a barbell pullover?

I do the latter. Skullcrushers are murder on my elbows.

I got this off Mark Rippedhistoes.

Much better movement.

Last edited:

Old school skullcrusher style, or behind the head almost like a barbell pullover?

Much better movement.

I do mine more like the first vid, otherwise it’s more like a close grip guillotine press (second vid)

Much better movement.

Yep that's more explosive with a better stretch

Personally I do unilateral lying triceps extension because I have uneven triceps and like to totally focus one arm at a time

dom sheed's goal was good, but you can stop wanking over it now
vVkoPPU.gif

That would make perfect sense for heavy deadlifting wouldn't it?

Deadlifting would be the easiest due to ease of set up, but it would apply to any lift
eg squat, bench press, rows, cleans, overheads, snatches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I’m ******* it up somewhere, my wrists love to bend back further than that first photo.

You might be wrapping your hands around the bar too high up near the base of your fingers. Try setting up with the bar resting lower down near your thumb then wrapping your hand over the top.

b1bfcf7639a97d0edb976743abe7702c.jpg

Last edited:
You might be wrapping your hands around the bar too high up near the base of your fingers. Try setting up with the bar resting lower down near your thumb then wrapping your hand over the top.

b1bfcf7639a97d0edb976743abe7702c.jpg
Yeah going to have a mess around with the bulldog technique as well. It’s really irking me at the moment.
13E16C42-3EC6-4322-B241-F65DB566127C.png

If you’ve got small hands keeping a completely straight wrist is going to be near on impossible.
That and I don’t think I’ve ever seen (not that I pay a heap of attention) someone actually benching decent weight with straight wrists.
Here’s Sarychev and Meeker who hold the ATR in raw/equipped respectively

Attachments

• 03CBE381-17DC-42A3-A8A0-A78322D37B2C.jpeg
    03CBE381-17DC-42A3-A8A0-A78322D37B2C.jpeg
    650 KB · Views: 63
  • 9A132606-00A6-4151-B070-7A9F47BF733E.jpeg
    9A132606-00A6-4151-B070-7A9F47BF733E.jpeg
    769 KB · Views: 56
If you’ve got small hands keeping a completely straight wrist is going to be near on impossible.
That and I don’t think I’ve ever seen (not that I pay a heap of attention) someone actually benching decent weight with straight wrists.
Here’s Sarychev and Meeker who hold the ATR in raw/equipped respectively
I’ve got pretty big hands (size 13-14 shoe if that correlates). Just need to work on the technique a bit!

Kirill Sarychev will also be making an appearance in the Bench event. Obviously Thor wouldn't have taken the bench too seriously for strongman but interested to see how he compares to Kirill with a bit of a prep.

I’m curious as to what the judging is going to be like given Thor is running the comp (to the point it’s got his name attached to it lol).

From what I gather his bench is around the 240-250 mark which is obviously a fair way off Sarychev’s 320+.

I’m curious as to what the judging is going to be like given Thor is running the comp (to the point it’s got his name attached to it lol).

From what I gather his bench is around the 240-250 mark which is obviously a fair way off Sarychev’s 320+.
Think your numbers are probably not far off given Thor recently did 3x3 at 220kg.

Eddie Hall at his strongest would have probably given Kirill more competition.

Think your numbers are probably not far off given Thor recently did 3x3 at 220kg.

Eddie Hall at his strongest would have probably given Kirill more competition.

I’m not privy to his training, but if he isn’t squatting before benching there’s also the fatigue factor (even with his conditioning from strongman). I know my best comp benches have been when I’ve done low back work (reverse hypers, back raises, even Goblet squats) prior to benching to simulate the lower body fatigue I was going to have in comp.

Yeah agreed that Eddie would’ve been much closer.
The guy was repping 265kg with no handout and a shitty globo gym bar lol

345kg x 8 high bar squat with bare knees and a bar that looks like it’s about to snap.
Mono, squat bar and wraps he’d have to be going 440-460

Remove this Banner Ad

Back