Universal Love Welcome Aboard Allen Christensen!

Remove this Banner Ad

Look up in the sky its a bird, its a plane no its another member of the Bris Lions Mosquito Fleet.:eek:
Able to kick multiple goals in a single game , run rings around slow tall defenders , piss opposition fans off.

Ah yes things are looking very positive at the moment.
Great acquisition, welcome aboard the Lions Christo.
We can never have too many of these guys , exiting times at the Gabba next year.
Who's next, day is still young.

Firstly, well done on getting such a great young player - it's going to make QClash magnificent this year.

Secondly, and rather off topic, I thought the Lions were reverting to the old premiership-era logo for 2015? Why isn't Allen wearing the new logo? (sorry for noob question)

Secondly, and rather off topic, I thought the Lions were reverting to the old premiership-era logo for 2015? Why isn't Allen wearing the new logo? (sorry for noob question)
Jumper is changing back, logo isn't.

Pretty common that the jumper and logo are different identities for AFL clubs. Geelong even has two logos (marketing and traditional).

Are you for real? Brisbane has absolutely bent Geelong over here. 21 is massive, massive unders for Christensen.
While I am happy with Christensen and giving up 21 for him. If I am brutally honest, I am surprised we didn't push harder for pick 25 to be the trade considering he is out of contract. Why I say that is because it doesn't seem like we were returned the favour of getting more than the bare minimum for our players last year. E.g. the Carlton situation where they had pick 32 and 33, but we ended up with 33 because he was out of contract.

As I said though, still happy giving up 21, especially if we still get D.Beams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steal of the year, what a change a year can make, we got the right people at our club and I have never been prouder of my Lions (except maybe the premiership years :p)

Welcome to the Lions Den Allen, I hope you are excited about winning more premierships :)

While I am happy with Christensen and giving up 21 for him. If I am brutally honest, I am surprised we didn't push harder for pick 25 to be the trade considering he is out of contract. Why I say that is because it doesn't seem like we were returned the favour of getting more than the bare minimum for our players last year. E.g. the Carlton situation where they had pick 32 and 33, but we ended up with 33 because he was out of contract.

As I said though, still happy giving up 21, especially if we still get D.Beams.
Leppa and the Scott brothers may have a few gentleman's agreements in place.

New we have two premiership players from Geelong (Trent West in 2011) - Lions site needs updating saying that Allen is the only one.

Thank you Geelong.

Really happy with this trade. Here's hoping he can produce similar form from the catters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back