Universal Love Welcome Aboard Allen Christensen!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched his press conference. Love that he is at the clubs but I hope the club never puts him in front of a microphone again.

Looked very nervous and uncomfortable talking about his reasons for leaving Geelong.
I think he did just fine and gives me the feeling that he is just nervous in front of cameras.

Mayesie is far worse in front of the media. Poor bugger.

I agree. I'd have thought his desire to leave Geelong for "personal reasons" should be kept just that.
^^^^
THIS

No-one's business but his own.

I hate the way Bigfooty sometimes becomes like the latest edition of New Idea or That's Life.

The man is here to play footy for our club. I'm going to cheer him on and hope he get's lots of possessions, lays hundreds of tackles and kicks goals a plenty. As long as he doesn't break the laws of the land, I have absolutely no interest in his private life or the "real" reasons he wanted out of Geelong.

Just watched his press conference. Love that he is at the clubs but I hope the club never puts him in front of a microphone again.

Looked very nervous and uncomfortable talking about his reasons for leaving Geelong.

He's not a polished media performer but he did ok IMO. He was honest as he was prepared to be and seemed to understand his responsibilities in terms of being a (relatively) highly paid sports person. Good on him I reckon.

Great get. I hope he can look back in a year or two and say it was the best decision of his life. That will make everyone happy and will be reflected in his footy I'm sure.

Just finished watching Allen's presser, after having earlier listened to the audio, I'm very impressed with him. I get the sense that he wants to make something of his life beyond footy, but most importantly for us, understands his responsibility as a player and member of a team in the quest for success.

Sure he was nervous and uncomfortable, but he spoke candidly and genuinely, great to get a window into the young man.

How good is it to have Allen choose the Lions. Very excited about our future.

Just on the personal reasons issue, didn't he say that he would be saying what they were so that he could help others as well with the same problem once he has settled in?

That's what I heard in a highlight clip this morning.... so it can't be too bad if this is the case

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sullen Pies supporters (among others) are trying to spread nasty rumours about team mates being part of Bundy's 'personal reasons'.

That's bullshit. End of story.

Collingwood tools: Beams is gone. Deal with it.

When the Beams news is officially announced and the full force of the realisation hits that we've landed two A-grade mids in their prime for sweet FA, I'm gonna go for a classy, understated reaction, something along the lines of:

iLD5dwNbe1BDq.gif

When the Beams news is officially announced and the full force of the realisation hits that we've landed two A-grade mids in their prime for sweet FA, I'm gonna go for a classy, understated reaction, something along the lines of:

iLD5dwNbe1BDq.gif

Reminds me of that win over Carlton.

Sullen Pies supporters (among others) are trying to spread nasty rumours about team mates being part of Bundy's 'personal reasons'.

That's bullshit. End of story.

If its the rumour doing the rounds, it came straight from Geelong. A certain player was leaving, but decided to stay when Christensen chose to leave instead.

fully aware of the circumstances, Balmey got a deal done quicksmart instead of haggling over picks.

A player of this guys ability wouldn't usually be handed over that easily.

Who cares though?

We're recruiting footballers, not martyrs and good blokes.

If its the rumour doing the rounds, it came straight from Geelong. A certain player was leaving, but decided to stay when Christensen chose to leave instead.
Yep. It is bullshit.

fully aware of the circumstances, Balmey got a deal done quicksmart instead of haggling over picks.
That's crap, not the case at all. He and Lonergan are friends and the knocking off Lonergan's wife? Lonergan isnt married for a start.

There were two problems, one may be fixed by the move, the other not.

Ok I will post what got deleted before :p Source

As rumours continue to circulate around Christensen, the 23-year-old said he was not comfortable speaking publicly about the personal issues that have necessitated his "fresh start", but predicted he would one day be able to clear the air.

"I'm on top of everything," he said. "One of the problems is you've got to admit to it [the problems]. I'm not the only one who goes through it. I'll come out in due time and talk about it, because I think I can be a really good role model to the community.

If it was true then why would he say the above especially about being a good role model to the community. As he said he will talk about it in time. If it was that about cheating etc he wouldn't of said the above.

I thought he did a pretty good job considering he ways always going to be grilled about his move, and would have know then going into it. I thought his answers were fair and he did a great job. End of the day, exact details don't need to be put out there publicly. I love the positive vibe he has towards the club and himself.

I reckon all those going on about Tom Lonergan's wife must be thinking of Eileen... so they're completely adrift.

That's a bit crass mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back