Universal Love Welcome Aboard Allen Christensen!

Remove this Banner Ad

It is with a heavy heart that I congratulate you guys on getting 'My Boy' Bundy, you have got a really good one here... I don't think he is quick as people talk up but his mind is, he gets the ball and can make the right decision in the time it takes most players to just get the ball.

The only positive for me is that he didn't go to that plastic pretend team the Suns... I like the Lions so I can handle him with you.

We generally are good to trade with and I'm happy with that, people sook and say we get bent over.. we had no leverage and made the best from what we could. Hopefully we get some good trade karma back for it!

All the best! And all the best Bundy.... just not against the cats

Well done on this selection, albeit a very painful one for us. He was our missing mid in September, and much of 2014, but once fit, is a quality player and I'll be watching with interest his games. Plays it tough, fair, skilful, and is both inside and outside, a rare commodity . Great goal sense too.

Just a heads up guys,

The "pregnant girl" & "shagged another players girlfriend/wife" rumours are a long way off the mark for Bundy's move. Geelong is very small town, particularly when you're a big fish in that town. That's the main motivation for his move. Would like a fresh start away from the fishbowl environment that footballers in traditional states have to deal with.

Fair enough, although on initial reading, I thought such a topic being discussed in such a public forum to be quite crude.
I agree. I'd have thought his desire to leave Geelong for "personal reasons" should be kept just that.

Last edited:
It's a shame we didn't lose one of the GH5 to you guys, that would have evened things up nicely! Instead, Port, Carlton, StKilda and West Coast are on the list for you guys to "screw" to turn it into good old fashioned 3-some!
You win some, you lose some. You guys have lost more than just about anyone in recent memory, along with Adelaide. We've lost arguably the best player to have played the game (Ablett is up there with the best of them now), along with now Christensen. We've signed a few significant F/A players as well though, so I'm not too fussed overall with where we sit.

I harbour no ill-feeling towards Brisbane, as let's be honest here, Christensen essentially fell into your laps. It would have been nothing short of negligent to offer anything more than the bare minimum to secure his services, given that he was out of contract. Had he been in contract, for the deal to have gone through, it probably would have taken either pick #5, or your pick #25 along with the pick #21 that you've just parted with.

The reality is though that had Bundy been contracted, he would have informed the club a lot earlier about wanting out, thus ensuring that we were more amenable to trading him. We would have ensured that we got maximum compensation for him, or at least held firm for longer with you guys. For what it's worth, I believe that you guys will sign Beams an the death, and both picks #5 and #25 will be traded. Given that he's contracted, the fact that he wants out should balance it out in Collingwood's mind when it comes down to whether they hold firm, or accept your clubs' reasonable offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like the Lions young players and their Geelong connection might have partly helped him to make the decision on Brisbane.

Hopefully it works with McCartin in a couple of years.

I agree. I'd have thought his desire to leave Geelong for "personal reasons" should be kept just that.
Just like Fev's private life, Cousins, Mal Michael etc ....... give us a spell if there is grass on the field play ball.

Heard his interview today seems like he wants to make a new and positive start, which for us is a bonus as he'll have something to prove.

Last edited:
Just watched his press conference. Love that he is at the clubs but I hope the club never puts him in front of a microphone again.

Looked very nervous and uncomfortable talking about his reasons for leaving Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back