Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbie doesn't need to be the clearance player, he receives the ball and creates the play, nothing wrong with that.

His clearance numbers will be skewed because of his time spent forward.

Robbie a front runner , I don't think so.

This was highlighted in depth with a massive invasive 'Danger watch' picture in picture which took up close to half the TV screen in the Freo vs Cats game, got a first hand look at Danger walking around aimlessly for about 5 minutes.
Um, thats 'coz he was sitting in the goal square while play was downfield. The moment the ball arrived he took a contested mark & goaled. He played forward for a lot of this game.

Um, thats 'coz he was sitting in the goal square while play was downfield. The moment the ball arrived he took a contested mark & goaled. He played forward for a lot of this game.

Lol danger watch started at a clearance, Freo cleared, got it inside 50 and Danger just stood there.

Um, not the point I was trying to make lol.

The 'Danger watch' screen was stupid as all it did was take up half the screen & show him walk around for 5 minutes whilst the game was all but over, Danger wasn't even that good but will still somehow poll 3 votes.

Fyfe and Dangerfield don't even put in a token effort lol. If they don't win the ball they just stand there and watch the game.

David King used some footage last night on 'On the Couch' to highlight Collingwood's awful defensive structures. It showed guys like Pendlebury and Treloar walking around in space not doing anything after a turnover. The ball was whipped quickly down the other end for a coast to coast goal by the Bulldogs. The GAF from both of them was hilarious.

voss wolf blass.JPG

"IT’S a fine red for a fine red. The iconic image of Australian football champion Michael Voss lifting the AFL premiership trophy has been emblazoned across the iconic label of Wolf Blass Yellow Label Cabernet Sauvignon as part of a Hall of Fame series of wines featuring fellow greats Ted Whitten, Bob Skelton and Robert Harvey.

And Vossy said the picture of him in the Lions’ maroon on a bottle of red had him tickled pink. “I don’t mind a drop of red but being on a label, that’s different,” the current Port Adelaide assistant coach said.

“There’s some pretty good names there. It’s like milestones, you don’t reflect on your own journey, because you’re so busy actively trying to do the next thing.

“And then one day you have some names like that you’re aligned with, which will be there for a long time. So to have that makes it special because you’re in some pretty good company.

“And if I had to pick a drop maybe cab sav is not a bad one, it has some subtleness to it.” -
Hook, B, 2017. Voss is tickled pink. The Sunday Mail, 14 May 2017. 58.

Every game we've played with Ryder and without Lobbe our midfield has looked fine. I'm prepared to give Voss a fresh start in 2017 now that he has a proper ruckman at his disposal and he won't be forced to accommodate a bollard for 60-70% of gametime a week.

Bump.

Is that a good thing or bad?

Not having a go at Voss or anything but you are implying that Voss is not able to tweak a plan to suit the players on hand.

Personally I think there's more to it and it includes the whole team and not just the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that a good thing or bad?

Not having a go at Voss or anything but you are implying that Voss is not able to tweak a plan to suit the players on hand.

Personally I think there's more to it and it includes the whole team and not just the midfield.
Can you bake a cake with only ketchup?

As Matthew Nicks noted during the week, all our assistant coaches work together on an overall team strategy regardless of their nominal titles.

The midfield is doing a fantastic job in applying across the ground pressure which in turn supports the sliding defence. Even though we've played the three top teams of the moment we have the least scored against defence in the league.

In addition our midfield is generating a welter of inside 50s every week creating the opportunity to build scoreboard pressure. We've talked about better composure and natural forwards taking more advantage before but the potential is there on a weekly basis to kick a big score.

I still think our midfield is our weakest link in the structure. Although not by much

Hard to tell. Defense is our strongest point. Midfield winning clearances is second strongest.

But somewhere between the midfield clearing it, and when the forwards should take possession, something is going wrong. It's not entirely clear whether our midfielders are poor at hitting targets inside 50, or whether our forwards are poor at creating space and taking lead up marks. Seems like it's a bit of both, and our coaches need to find a way for it to go from our midfielders' hands, to our forwards' hands.

Hard to blame that on Voss, as he appears to have done very well to ensure our midfielders play a Voss-like style and more often than not end up with the ball around stoppages.

Hard to tell. Defense is our strongest point. Midfield winning clearances is second strongest.

But somewhere between the midfield clearing it, and when the forwards should take possession, something is going wrong. It's not entirely clear whether our midfielders are poor at hitting targets inside 50, or whether our forwards are poor at creating space and taking lead up marks. Seems like it's a bit of both, and our coaches need to find a way for it to go from our midfielders' hands, to our forwards' hands.

Hard to blame that on Voss, as he appears to have done very well to ensure our midfielders play a Voss-like style and more often than not end up with the ball around stoppages.

Boak is not hitting inside 50m targets about several times a game and it isn't due to our forwards either. His kicking inside 50m is unacceptably poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back