Player Watch #19 Peter Ladhams

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Rockliff was on Adelaide radio this morning saying the reason Ladhams decided to go was that he didn't like being told in his exit meeting that he had to work harder, train better etc. and decided to go.

Now that he’s one of us, doesn’t he need a new nickname, Pistol Pete is pretty boring.

some suggestions:
2 Meter Peter
Laddsy
Laddo
Lads
Ruckin Rolla

I’m pretty bad at this, any thoughts ?

(sorry if this has been covered before)

Tom Rockliff was on Adelaide radio this morning saying the reason Ladhams decided to go was that he didn't like being told in his exit meeting that he had to work harder, train better etc. and decided to go.
Sounds right considering his reputation of having big nights

Another human that’s likes to party, good on him but hopefully he can get fit

Sounds right considering his reputation of having big nights

Another human that’s likes to party, good on him but hopefully he can get fit
Take him out of the comfort zone of his home town and it may be the making of him. Less disctractions in Sydney. Doubt he’ll become a saint but just keep his head down and train would be a good thing.

Like Aliir I wouldn't be surprised if a change of scene was needed to help get the most out of himself

hOW
Unless Ladhams told him that how would he know?

Interview. Says looks forward to working with Dean Cox on improving his ruck craft (grew up idolising him). Impressed with Hickey's year, and hoping to replicate what he can do.

Interview. Says looks forward to working with Dean Cox on improving his ruck craft (grew up idolising him). Impressed with Hickey's year, and hoping to replicate what he can do.

Stoked to have him, even if he looks like a Trump-voting, Bible-toting, gun-wielding, Confederate flag-waving bumpkin.

Doesn't really track with the other narrative which is that he wanted to go to a club with a dedicated ruck coach.

Maybe he felt it was ironic and a little hypocritical for Port to ask him to train better without dedicating a coach to his position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty mean thing to say, even if true. Was he in the room? Or is Hinkley sprinkling the fairy dust?

Played as a mid until u16s where he had a 20cm growth spurt, can see why he's good around the ground. Port fans saying his marking is iffy, bobbles the ball a bit. Buddy improved his marking since arriving at the swans, hoping Ladhams can do the same.

Found this article from 2016:

Hard work, it seems, had been an issue. When Ladhams rang his State under-18 coach Phillips to ask his thoughts on why he had shockingly missed an invite to the draft combine — 80 players earned an invitation after being nominated by at least five AFL clubs — Phillips thought it was best that he hear some home truths straight from a recruiter’s mouth.

“He put me on to a Sydney recruiter (Kinnear Beatson) and he didn’t pull any punches,’’ Ladhams said.

“He told me that my start to the season was pretty average and that I needed to be more competitive, had to cover more ground and that I was only playing to my potential in patches in games.

“It wasn’t something that I really wanted to hear but it was good feedback and obviously being a recruiter he knew what he was talking about so I had to take it on board.’’

Dawson already confirmed that in his first press conference, saying they wanted to use him a bit inside as well (which I think is dumb but what do I know)
It's first bounce here at the SCG, Swans v Crows and the former swan Judas Dawson is lining up in the centre for the opening bounce. Umpire bounces the ball and Ladhams taps to open space, Dawson picks up the ball Ohhhhhhhh!!!!! he is absolutely snapped in half by a crunching tackle from Heeney off the wing. He's not getting up from that any time soon. Parker handballs the loose ball to Gulden who pinpoints a 40 metre pass to Franklin 25 metres out. Meanwhile the trainers continue to peel Dawson out of the turf. Hopefully they replace the Dawson sized divot in the turf by the next bounce. Franklin goals for a lightning start to the swans.

- On another note I'm hopeful that having Hickey and Ladhams will allow McLean to focus solely on his forward craft which I felt improved significantly last year. I'm hopeful not having the distraction of pinch hitting in the ruck would allow him to develop in the forward role further.

Great get for the swans. Ends an otherwise awful trade period on a positive note, and we got him for a good price (credits built up from the aliir trade i suppose)

Decent athleticism for a big guy

Disciplinary stuff was around breaching covid rules. Perhaps a couple of other include t's as well.

geez, there's a lot of highlights in that lot ... he looks much more 'footballer' than just a ruckman, lot of potential to be developed, that's very encouraging

As Kiama Chris mentioned.

A claymore is an anti-personnel mine that detonates if you walk in front it.

iu

(Yes, they really do say 'Front Toward Enemy' on them)

Or it's a large sword, often seen in anime, usually wielded by small girl who is 1/8th the size of the sword.

iu

oh great ... so next time i'm down the shops and some guy comes in with a claymore, if he points it at me, i'm in trouble ... and i don't even know him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back