Player Watch Jordan Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

Competition is very very tough to get into best 22, I would like to think there is still a spot or two up for grabs .
Mihocek vs Roughead is an interesting proposition.
Fantastic the competition for spots, I’m loving it.
I’d contend we have an exceptional depth list, ie lots and lots of extras that can comfortably step in and play at a fine level.

How many are A grade and/or elite, well that’s much tougher to determine.
The great news is a few of ours have taken those steps and some are moving that way.

Does anyone have a clip of Roughead taking the mark in the 2016 GF that people keep talking about? I haven't been able to find it.

Fantastic the competition for spots, I’m loving it.
I’d contend we have an exceptional depth list, ie lots and lots of extras that can comfortably step in and play at a fine level.

How many are A grade and/or elite, well that’s much tougher to determine.
The great news is a few of ours have taken those steps and some are moving that way.

I think many will be pleasantly suprised with rough heads ability to control full back

Great pick up imo
As for Elite or A graders

Elite
Grundy, Sidey, crisp, Maynard,beams howe
A grade
Pendels Adams treleor
A -
De goey cox
Not considered injured but at least A-
Wells Elliott Moore shaz
Will be at least a-
Seir
Solid crop of b graders too

I think many will be pleasantly suprised with rough heads ability to control full back

Great pick up imo

Elite
A grade
Pendels Adams treleor
A -
De goey cox
Wells Elliott Moore shaz
Will be at least a-
Seir
Interesting ratings.
But their your ratings and fair enough too.

Overall, I think Maynard, Crisp are too high, Cox not that level either.
Elliott could be but injury tells me to be wary but he certainly could be.

Moore just hasn’t begun to do it yet.
I love Scharenberg but injuries don’t allow me to even begin to consider him A grade. Has A grade poise, that I’d give him, but he’s just not at that level, maybe one day but needs to show it for few seasons.

Sier is the future agree, but hasn’t yet earned high level ratings. Work in progress.

Wells is elite skills, elite silk but last few years is potential cream for us not a given A grade ongoing player. But I hope he plays heaps this year. Love what he can bring.

Competition is very very tough to get into best 22, I would like to think there is still a spot or two up for grabs .
Mihocek vs Roughead is an interesting proposition.
Don't forget Reid, still believe there is some football ahead of him. We know he can play and at the elite level. A fit Reid is ahead of both, back or forward. (Back hopefully)

Interesting ratings.
But their your ratings and fair enough too.

Overall, I think Maynard, Crisp are too high, Cox not that level either.
Elliott could be but injury tells me to be wary but he certainly could be.

Moore just hasn’t begun to do it yet.
I love Scharenberg but injuries don’t allow me to even begin to consider him A grade. Has A grade poise, that I’d give him, but he’s just not at that level, maybe one day but needs to show it for few seasons.

Sier is the future agree, but hasn’t yet earned high level ratings. Work in progress.

Wells is elite skills, elite silk but last few years is potential cream for us not a given A grade ongoing player. But I hope he plays heaps this year. Love what he can bring.
Yeah agree with you saintly
Think you'll find that crisp and Maynard if not elite for their positions would certainly come close
I've judged like champion data
It will be interesting to see how many are considered elite
Think the ratings over 2 years
Feel cox as ruck forward would be high too

Not much competition in that spot afterall

Yeah agree with you saintly
Think you'll find that crisp and Maynard if not elite for their positions would certainly come close
I've judged like champion data
It will be interesting to see how many are considered elite
Think the ratings over 2 years
Feel cox as ruck forward would be high too

Not much competition in that spot afterall

COLLINGWOOD
Brodie Grundy
Jack Crisp
Jeremy Howe
Jordan De Goey

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/11...tchell-not-among-champion-data-elite-players/

He's a poor defender, only can play the forward/ruck role.
It’s not all about him anyway it’s all about the team if the pressure is good up the field he will play kpd for most of the season. Played under size half the year got to grand final haven’t even seen him play in Collingwood colours yet pretty quick to bag out someone at least give him a go.

Don't forget Reid, still believe there is some football ahead of him. We know he can play and at the elite level. A fit Reid is ahead of both, back or forward. (Back hopefully)

Reid hasn't played to a high level for 5 years now, there's no way he is still an elite player. Body is finished

Reid hasn't played to a high level for 5 years now, there's no way he is still an elite player. Body is finished

and That why I was bit Shocked we Re-Signed so quickly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great pick up imo

Elite
A grade
Pendels Adams treleor
A -
De goey cox
Wells Elliott Moore shaz
Will be at least a-
Seir

I am very skeptical that Roughead can be any more than an average full back. I just don't think he has the game to be any more than passable. I did say that about Dunn so hopefully he gets the good jinx. But I somehow doubt it.

I am very skeptical that Roughead can be any more than average a full back. I just don't think he has the game to be any more than passable. I did say that about Dunn so hopefully he gets the good jinx. But I somehow doubt it.

People are saying Roughead is Finished which is Exactly what people had said when we got Dunn

People are saying Roughead is Finished which is Exactly what people had said when we got Dunn

What I failed to recognise in Dunn is just how good he is one-vs-one. My concern was he was undersized and lacked a yard of pace. But his contested strength really negated the weaknesses. Roughead plays his opponent a bit too loose as a defender for mine.

What I failed to recognise in Dunn is just how good he is one-vs-one. My concern was he was undersized and lacked a yard of pace. But his contested strength really negated the weaknesses. Roughead plays his opponent a bit too loose as a defender for mine.

Dunn is absolutely not lacking for a yard of pace. Had to be said.

Back on topic - I'm not sold on Roughead tbh - seemed to be a bit of a jack of all trades and a master of none at the doggies.

If he can perform a role as a shutdown full back then there would free up Howe and Langdon to do what they do, which would make his job as a KPD a lot easier so I guess that's what the list management team had in mind?

Dunn for me was the case of Melbourne at the time making their move of dropping the “older” types and going with their new. The Paul Roos work.

To me at the time, it was a real head scratcher why would a real good player like Dunn not get games. As above to the reason.

Their loss our gain; plus we’ve learnt what a great voice and leader he is as well. Great team man too.

Roughead a bit different though a great attitude guy and hard worker. He’s pure depth to me but you never know could be what we need at times. Great character so that’s a huge plus.

I tend to agree about his body, that said I haven't written him off and a fit Ben Reid in the context of the discussion is IMHO still a better footballer than both of the guys being compared if we can get him n the park and fit.

I am going to wait and see what the preseason brings before thinking about writing him off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back