Player Watch Welcome to Collingwood Kate Sheahan

Remove this Banner Ad

This is very sad, but it pretty much had to happen, what with Kate's age and her injury.

Re Kappa's comment, I think the club were correct in recruiting her. She is very talented and if things had gone her way she may have had two possibly three good seasons. She's a quality person to have around the club, as was demonstrated in her dragging herself on crutches to training and games. She also performed exceptionally well in the media, and showed great affection for the club. What's not to like about that in our inaugural AFLW year?

:'(

Pity our club didnt see a role for her, but good on the Tigers for offering Kate a position. Why wouldnt they? She is articulate, knows her footy, and already has a high profile in the AFLW. She's also good with the media. Well done Kate, and best of luck with your non-playing career.

:'(

Pity our club didnt see a role for her, but good on the Tigers for offering Kate a position. Why wouldnt they? She is articulate, knows her footy, and already has a high profile in the AFLW. She's also good with the media. Well done Kate, and best of luck with your non-playing career.

I am also shocked we did not find something for her.

Though what she done is quite Smart. She does want to Continue and there where no Certanties at Collingwood.

So take a Role Simmlar to what Meg Hutchins has and she can get over her ACL and Potentially play for them

Very disappointed that we couldn't find a role for her, in a very short amount of time she became a fantastic ambassador for our club ...

... but realistically, it likely would have been difficult for us to offer her a role that would have been anywhere near as good as what Richmond have offered her.

Kudos to her, she's making the most of her opportunities.

Very disappointed that we couldn't find a role for her, in a very short amount of time she became a fantastic ambassador for our club ...

... but realistically, it likely would have been difficult for us to offer her a role that would have been anywhere near as good as what Richmond have offered her.

Kudos to her, she's making the most of her opportunities.
Maybe we did find a role for her, a role as a secret agent who has been deployed at Richmond to sabotage their bid for an AFLW side.

Kate was quite dismissive of her time at Pie land during this afternoon's interview with Raph Epstein. Apparently Richmond is a far more welcoming club.

Kate was quite dismissive of her time at Pie land during this afternoon's interview with Raph Epstein. Apparently Richmond is a far more welcoming club.

Change from Early in the Season. How Happy she felt being a Collingwood.

I think the Anti-Collingwood stuff is bit Made Up

You'd think she'd be appreciative that we gave her the chance to play in the Womens league and how we supported her when she did her knee. Guess not.

You'd think she'd be appreciative that we gave her the chance to play in the Womens league and how we supported her when she did her knee. Guess not.

Then she can get Stuffed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth remembering she wrote a pretty balanced article in March about her struggles fitting in.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...r/news-story/fb651b53170cd93ad73cf6e4912c973d
Kate Sheahan said:
For the first few weeks I felt lost and alone. I was recovering from a small procedure to my knee, which meant I couldn’t run and be out on the track with the girls. I was stuck in the rehab group battling my own mental demons on a bike, sweating it out in the altitude room. It was lonely.

Part of me thought people were saying I was there because of my family connection to footy and my spot on the team wasn’t legitimate. It worried me.

I didn’t know what to do until one afternoon I dropped my guard and asked teammate and now friend Mo Hope for a chat. I didn’t know Mo all that well but I knew her story. She thought I was the rich kid from Toorak with a butler, and she was the working class girl from Broadmeadows.

I came clean about my fears and struggles and after listening to me, her guard dropped and she realised we weren’t all that different after all. We both wanted the same thing.

Mo took me under her wing. She included me in chats in the ice baths, and with that I started to feel part of it. Then I started to shine on the track, I felt like I had my mojo back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back