Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we honestly think his going to pot the players in public ? No chance behind cosed doors the way it should be done home truths.
He needed to let the 100k members know that what we had just seen was not acceptable and wouldn’t be taken lightly in the match review, despite the obvious injury struggles. Instead, he said he was happy with their effort.

He’s new to the media side of things right after a game though so you’d like to think the club has an advisor giving him a few dot points so he can stay “on message” immediately after a game.

Sorry Chriso you’re putting it on our kids. I think it’s more our senior players that need the not so much spray, but at least put under notice as their performances are just not a going to be tolerated. It’s been all year the shenanigans and undisciplined acts and it’s obvious it hasn’t been addressed and if it has then it’s not getting through.
We had 11 multiple premiership players in that side on Saturday night and there are just no excuses for what they’ve put out.
As I’ve been saying all year Campbell is the only kid on the field and the rest have been on our list greater than three years or mature aged players. Half will probably never reach the top level , but are still performing better than most of the senior players.

I’d advise anyone to listen to the podcast of Buckley on Whately’s show today… a very balanced analysis of the Tigers and Yze situation.

In a nutshell he said the quickest way to lose respect of senior Premiership players who are dealing with a new experience of a struggling team would be to lambast them publicly. But don’t be fooled into thinking hard conversations aren’t happening behind closed doors.

He said Yze would have certain ‘non-negotiables’ that are part of his coaching philosophy, and players who don’t abide by them would be fully aware it’s unacceptable. But now is not the time to berate the senior players who’ve done so much for this club at a post game presser … and it’s not the time to lay boots into youngsters who are trying their best but are simply out of their depth.

It was very balanced and made great sense as to why Yze continues to publicly back the players, even though many are wanting him to lose his sh*te at the players and are annoyed when he doesn’t … this tells you he’s doing the right thing for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yze said we were going to be hard to play against when he got the job.

On the weekend we were anything but hard to play against.
fair enough it happens but I think he made a mistake by saying in the presser he was happy with the effort.

I'm worried that we have become a soft & accepting club.

Last edited:

If slipping over is a result of trying too hard we would've spent 2017-2020 perpetually on the ground.

Repetitive slipping over is a confidence thing. Good players in good form aren't constantly on the deck like Short on Saturday.
Houli was forever falling over,loosing his feet before his magical transformation from september 2107,your 100% right,constantly loosing your footing is a sign of lack of confidence,and,and,choosing the wrong footwear is a sure sign
your minds not in the right space.

I’d advise anyone to listen to the podcast of Buckley on Whately’s show today… a very balanced analysis of the Tigers and Yze situation.

In a nutshell he said the quickest way to lose respect of senior Premiership players who are dealing with a new experience of a struggling team would be to lambast them publicly. But don’t be fooled into thinking hard conversations aren’t happening behind closed doors.

He said Yze would have certain ‘non-negotiables’ that are part of his coaching philosophy, and players who don’t abide by them would be fully aware it’s unacceptable. But now is not the time to berate the senior players who’ve done so much for this club at a post game presser … and it’s not the time to lay boots into youngsters who are trying their best but are simply out of their depth.

It was very balanced and made great sense as to why Yze continues to publicly back the players, even though many are wanting him to lose his sh*te at the players and are annoyed when he doesn’t … this tells you he’s doing the right thing for the future.

Not saying to lambast them publicly. Just drop the useless bastards if they’re not performing. You know who the culprits are. FIGJAM is stating the obvious as usual.

Good points. I don't expect a coach especially a new one to berate players publicly. Not professional.

It's difficult to criticise the young players considering they didn't get much opportunity to play afl level over the past few years. However, I do expect the senior players to lead by example.

Yze said we were going to hard to play against when he got the job.

On the weekend we were anything but hard to play against.
fair enough it happens but I think he made a mistake by saying in the presser he was happy with the effort.

I'm worried that we have become a soft & accepting club.
Not sure any club would be hard to play against missing the entire midfield plus a handful of others. We reached the tipping point. Effort has been great all year apart from that. I wouldn't be too concerned just yet.

Not saying to lambast them publicly. Just drop the useless bastards if they’re not performing. You know who the culprits are. FIGJAM is stating the obvious as usual.
Hard to drop players when we only have like 26 players to choose from

Hard to drop players when we only have like 26 players to choose from
It hasn’t been like that all year. That’s for this week only. Go through team selection nights and see the outcry bc certain players have continued to get games whilst others haven’t.

Last edited:

exactly right, it's only the click bate mongers that make the ******** comments.

our performances won’t get much better this year because the players have likely subconsciously checked out somewhat.
I agree, but it’s up to the coach to get something out of the season. This will see what he’s actually made off and whether he can lift the morale of the group. I actually think he needs to lift his first as he looks like a miserable and deflated human being atm.

I agree, but it’s up to the coach to get something out of the season. This will see what he’s actually made off and whether he can lift the morale of the group. I actually think he needs to lift his first as he looks like a miserable and deflated human being atm.

If he looked happy you would be saying he should be looking miserable.

I think Yze just has resting sad face lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he looked happy you would be saying he should be looking miserable.

I think Yze just has resting sad face lol
Putting words in the mouth of another is a “straw man” a logical flaw in an argument. The other; doing it to a broad group, is called a “hasty generalization”. It doesn't matter if their position is right or wrong; those who do this are demonstrating an inability to be rational

our performances won’t get much better this year because the players have likely subconsciously checked out somewhat.
Imagine getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars and checking out. These campaigners should be made the clean the bricks at punt road.

Exactly.
Sometimes fans expect Coaches and players to give us a complete insight into the team in their press conferences but really they can do more damage than good so just play the straight bat and get out of there.
Jack touches on them in his book.

The sad part of this League is that the best path for Richmond is too stay as low as possible on the ladder until Tassie comes in.

That's the sad reality.

We need to stockpile picks now until 2028 because if we don't ,this club could have another 30 plus year wait.

We aren't a cheat club like Geelong who can entice players to the beach lifestyle and cozy country living.

WE have always done it the hard way.

Thoughts?

The thing is our list is very good but seem to cop injuries.

I hate this League that we have to do this but is there any other way to get the club back up?

The umps aren't going away either.

Will be cheating forever until it feels like the norm which is what the CFL want to blow this away.

The sad part of this League is that the best path for Richmond is too stay as low as possible on the ladder until Tassie comes in.

That's the sad reality.

We need to stockpile picks now until 2028 because if we don't ,this club could have another 30 plus year wait.

We aren't a cheat club like Geelong who can entice players to the beach lifestyle and cozy country living.

WE have always done it the hard way.

Thoughts?

The thing is our list is very good but seem to cop injuries.

I hate this League that we have to do this but is there any other way to get the club back up?

The umps aren't going away either.

Will be cheating forever until it feels like the norm which is what the CFL want to blow this away.
inb4 we start winning meaningless games and get a shite pick this year again

We basically rebuilt when GC & GWS came in.
From what I've read Tassie wont be given so many picks and will be more compensated by easier access to established players.
I agree, those teams came in and took draft picks but we still got 3 flags.
Not worried at all about the Tassy team coming in.

The more I think about it, the more I think he was right regarding our effort the other night, we were trying too hard (for most players anyway). I reckon thats why we were slipping over so much and the Dogs weren't.

Go outside and break into a light jog down the street, then run full pelt. Providing there is nothing to trip over, you're more likely to trip when you are running full speed then when you're just jogging.

You don't just trip over for no reason if you're not trying.
spot on! we were trying too hard without an efficient purpose in mind, it was more desperation than purpose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back