List Mgmt. Welcome to the Suns, Mabior Chol.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
7 goals in 3 games seems very doable for Mabs. We've only ever had one player in one season kick 50 goals or more and that was Tom Lynch in 2016 when he kicked 66 goals and earned himself All Australian honours. Chol won't get All Australian honours this season but he does deserve an enormous amount of praise for his efforts this year, particularly if he hits the half century mark in three weeks from now. It's just really nice to see us recruit someone who was obviously criminally underrated and he comes home to Queensland where he's really thrived for us right from the beginning of the season. It's a feel good story all round!

He'd be an absolute nightmare to defend. You almost need a ruckman just to match him for height but then you see how quick he is and you know there's virtually no player in the AFL over 200cm that could keep up with him. Imagine how good he'll be when he does a proper preseason and builds a tank that's capable of running out of a full game!

Dew and co must have realised around the halfway point of the season that Mabs was going to be our leading goalkicker this season and they needed to play him more exclusively in the forward line. It's going to be really interesting to see how our coaching staff juggle the load next year with both King and Chol presumably spending all or most of their time in the forward line and potentially Casboult no longer being at the club. Wittsy is getting older and will obviously need less time in the ruck going forward but I also wouldn't want to throw either of our two main scoring avenues in Chol or (god forbid) King in the ruck. We may need to find a third tall in the mould of Dan McStay who can play as a backup ruck and I would say Joel Jeffrey is not a candidate for that role.
Chol will definitely be the ruck chop out with king back.
He is good at it.

King - Jeffrey - lukosius forward line is still capable of taking a grab and creating a contest.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Haha. Look at him in his early days. Now I don't worry about Mac.
297387875_10160029856626066_6767302817779025750_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back