Welcome: Which games do you have or want?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Rising Sun? I've played it 4p and 3p, pretty fun. I assume the abilities are balanced but while everyone is learning it doesnt' feel like it.

Alliance mechanic is great, mandates are great, god / kami abilities are great

We were pretty much going at it blind. There’s lots more to learn there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting into Santorini lately. Early days but a very well though through game. Only let down by childish artwork really.

Game I want - for sale. Keep seeing good things on bf. plan to visit that board game cafe in Fitzroy to try before I buy.
It's a good lighter game. A bit of luck, a bit of strategy.

Two games have arrived this week - one new, and one a few years old.

The Battle of Tanga. A WWI battle in German East Africa. Also known as the Battle of the Bees as shooting in the plantation was liable to aggravate the bees nesting there. (In the game, aggravated bees can cause units to retreat or become disrupted.) Historically an embarrassment for the British forces (as you'd expect if you don't do any recon.) this game allows the British to act with significantly more care and wisdom to get more out of their eight-fold size advantage.

Blenheim, 1704. A classic engagement - even if it's not terribly well known. It's one side with a smaller command with greater tactical ability against a larger command with greater strategic ability. A neat feature of the game is that the likelihood of a unit obeying an order to move or fight decreases with each order given. This rendition of the game features a novel system in which units occupy a hex within an area comprising of seven hexes, and their position within the area signifies their intentions to defend or attack.

The next game to arrive is expected to be The Great Heathen Army. Eight battles between the Vikings and various 'English' rulers from the late 9th to early 11th centuries. This is a fun system that I've played before. The armies are clunky, unsophisticated things. Orders are given to 'wings' rather than units, but there's only about 6 different orders - each one can be combined with a 'bonus' order that amplifies the effect of the order. A good system for players new to historical wargaming. Notable too for using a d8.

My wife bought me Gloomhaven for my birthday and holy moly I am kinda scared to open the box :eek:

Looking forward to getting a copy in the not too distant future

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How is it looking? I had seen that there's a Rogue Trooper game on Steam, but this is much more appealing.
I like the random activation mechanic with a twist.

Draw chips from a bag, if it’s your colour pick a model and activate.

Special Star chips give you the option to risk a model’s activation to put them back in the bag for a chance at an extra activation.

Just bought the rest of the models. Kind of dumb when I have too few people to play it with.

Came with an MDF building and scatter too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back