Well done Melbourne supporters at MCG yesterday

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
This is completely serious - I hardly ever post on other teams' boards but had to come and say well done to the Melbourne fans who were at the MCG yesterday. Your team played woefully but the supporters came in decent numbers all things considered, stayed, were loud, cheered every chance they were given and should be proud of themselves. You people are the real thing.

Ignore the trolling crap on the main board. I hope you guys get back the team you deserve some time soon, and that the club sorts itself out quickly so the onfield stuff is all you have to worry about.

Cheers.

There were probably only about 8-10k Melbourne supporters there yesterday. Considering we have 25k odd members, plus another 15k odd Demon-supporting MCC members, it was actually very disappointing. Even though it was an away game for us.

I'm so over the media bias in the papers. All summer we have had to read s**t about our club. No wonder the club struggles to gain some kind of following.

It is time for the club to get up and sue these pack of media whores for damages to the professional image of the club.

Or the club and supporters can actually do something about it to ensure that we only get positive media attention.

So you don't think that speculation and sterotyping by untalented hacks who couldn't make into the real media doesn't have an effect on ability to market the side. FFS, of course it does.

If the club had any balls, they would take the shits to court and sue the crap out of them.

I think we need to stop blaming others for the situation we are in.

Supporters: We know they are out there, so why don't they grow some balls, buy a membership and turn up every week.

Players: Need to take some responsibility, particularly the senior players, as they are currently letting us down.

Club: Have we ever marketed ourselves to a mass audience? Apart from Daniher, we had/have no profile. Gardner makes a fool out of himself at times, but has generally done alright. McNamee must step up in this area.

Well done to these guys

NorthVsMelb03.jpg

no one is going to turn up every week to see some absolute w***ers play some sort of fumbling game that people sometimes refer to as FOOTBALL. We are playing disgraceful but worst of all wea re playing with no spirit. I wouldnt mind turning up everyweek to see us get pumped as long as we played with spirit, show some fight, some attitude. But we dont, we run around in circles handballing turning to ball over while playing soft football. Only positive i see is morton in a year or two he will be our best player he nearly is already. Thats my rant for the day luckily the sell alcohol at the footy

no one is going to turn up every week to see some absolute w***ers play some sort of fumbling game that people sometimes refer to as FOOTBALL.

That's the difference between fairweather fans and diehard fans. I'd like to consider myself in the latter category, so I wouldn't say not everyone will turn up each week. There are a few of us out there.

Couldn't have said it better.

I hope those MCG toffs aren't making them take that banner down.

I think they would've because it's blocking the mindless advertising. I got told a few years ago, down at Geelong, to pull my flag back behind the fence because it blocked a sign. Sad, really.

One day I'm going to unfurl a banner that reads YOUR MUM. Won't mean anything but it will be a laugh.

And I'll sit across the other side of the stadium with a banner that reads 'MY MUM?' just to F**k with everyones head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back