West Coast Eagles 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

its part of their imaginary hero/victim narrative

haven't you heard, Vic clubs were solely responsible for saving the league
Actually..... It was a North fan that claimed that North saved the AFL going Bankrupt because North "Sacrificed" themselves by playing games at docklands despite getting 15-20,000 at the games there.

Just ask BF Tiger , Mister M and Tzatziki_Man about this North poster.

Actually..... It was a North fan that claimed that North saved the AFL going Bankrupt because North "Sacrificed" themselves by playing games at docklands despite getting 15-20,000 at the games there.

Just ask BF Tiger , Mister M and Tzatziki_Man about this North poster.
It’s all true. Said N0rth fan failed to recognise the contribution that the larger clubs around Australia brought in through increased television rights, stadium advertising, crowds through the gate, etc etc. Claimed that N0rth playing games on a Sunday at Docklands paid off the stadium that allowed the AFL to buy it which then allowed to use as security for its big loan.

It’s all true. Said N0rth fan failed to recognise the contribution that the larger clubs around Australia brought in through increased television rights, stadium advertising, crowds through the gate, etc etc. Claimed that N0rth playing games on a Sunday at Docklands paid off the stadium that allowed the AFL to buy it which then allowed to use as security for its big loan.
Basically...... If North were playing home games mainly at Arden Street or in Princes Park at Carlton which is in the Northern Suburbs, then that North poster wouldnt have a leg to stand on.

Yeah I know they really should’ve made us play Collingwood, Melbourne and Carlton interstate.
Or forget the fact we played the g about 5 times by round 14, but who needs that when you can have VICBIAS.
It might also shock you if you check collingwoods run home in their last premiership year.....

You do realise that pointing out Collingwoods gifted home run in 2010 playing at the MCG just like Richmonds in 2017 does not help your argument.

It actually supports the "pampered Vic clubs" argument.

This seasons fixtures are quite a bit different for Richmond. Again they don't need to travel to Geelong which is a big advantage over other top 6 clubs who are forced to play Geelong in Geelong. Hopefully the fixture goes as planned.

Fully fit and firing Yeo, Nic Nat and Kennedy would put them among flag favourites.

Big question marks around whether Nic Nat's body holds up with the return to longer quarters, whether Yeo's groin issues persist, and whether Kennedy can put together some consistency this year. Kennedy had an incredible patch mid-season where he was easily the in-form KPF of the competition, but had some relatively poor games at the beginning and end of the year. They need him firing, and Nic Nat + Yeo in good fitness, to go deep in finals. Without those 3, I have them in the 7-10 grouping. If their core group remains fit, they have arguably the best side on paper in the league, but I'm not confident that will happen this year.

Fully fit and firing Yeo, Nic Nat and Kennedy would put them among flag favourites.

Big question marks around whether Nic Nat's body holds up with the return to longer quarters, whether Yeo's groin issues persist, and whether Kennedy can put together some consistency this year. Kennedy had an incredible patch mid-season where he was easily the in-form KPF of the competition, but had some relatively poor games at the beginning and end of the year. They need him firing, and Nic Nat + Yeo in good fitness, to go deep in finals. Without those 3, I have them in the 7-10 grouping. If their core group remains fit, they have arguably the best side on paper in the league, but I'm not confident that will happen this year.
In the past few years aren't they something like a 90% win rate with Darling and Kennedy playing together?
They won the flag without NicNat but I don't think they can seriously challenge unless Kennedy is fit.

In the past few years aren't they something like a 90% win rate with Darling and Kennedy playing together?
They won the flag without NicNat but I don't think they can seriously challenge unless Kennedy is fit.
Can't remember how long it lasted, but pretty sure at one stage they were approaching 20 consecutive wins when both played in the same side. They were close to unstoppable for a while, but appeared vulnerable with Kennedy's form dropping. They went 2-3 from the last 5 games of 2020 and had both playing.

You do realise that pointing out Collingwoods gifted home run in 2010 playing at the MCG just like Richmonds in 2017 does not help your argument.

It actually supports the "pampered Vic clubs" argument.

This seasons fixtures are quite a bit different for Richmond. Again they don't need to travel to Geelong which is a big advantage over other top 6 clubs who are forced to play Geelong in Geelong. Hopefully the fixture goes as planned.
I pointed it out so all of the unhinged eagles supporters realise that this isn’t some once in a lifetime event. Also like I said by round 14 we’d played on the mcg 5 times but that doesn’t matter, just like it has never mattered how often we play the g when we sucked, it’s only now that it suits the west coast was robbed narrative.
Anyways I’m happy to disagree with you on this point and leave it as the argument is pretty stale and pointless (we don’t control the fixtures)

I pointed it out so all of the unhinged eagles supporters realise that this isn’t some once in a lifetime event. Also like I said by round 14 we’d played on the mcg 5 times but that doesn’t matter, just like it has never mattered how often we play the g when we sucked, it’s only now that it suits the west coast was robbed narrative.
Anyways I’m happy to disagree with you on this point and leave it as the argument is pretty stale and pointless (we don’t control the fixtures)

Lol. Fair fixturing benefits all clubs that aren't being pampered by VAFL House. Not just the side who the poster supports mate.

And hopefully over time continued pressure on all fronts will lead to a fair fixture for all. Like I said the 2021 is a hell of a lot more even than previous ones. Just a shame it doesn't happen every year.

It will be interesting how the Tigets go if the fixture runs as published.

Answer his questions ?.Your the one not backing up your points.My bad it was one home final lost in 2 years.You have new terms on the road now ?.We went to SA twice , Darwin and played in Sydney all this permanently in Qld and all finals to.You had the luxury being at home besides being in a hub early on and no excuses.
You do have a point there...

Actually, Richmond traveled to Adelaide oval 3 times in 2020, if you include the 2020 prelim final vs Port.

Saying that.... Richmond faced other vic sides in Queensland as netrual games. In a normal AFL season, Richmond would play home games at the MCG and occasional home games in Docklands.

So yeah if Richmond faces carlton or collingwood at the MCG its a neutral game. If Richmond faces Dogs, North or Saints, I still call it a neutral game too.

But if you want to get technical..... Richmond only has home ground advantage when they face a non vic side in the MCG or to a lesser degree in docklands.

Freo on the other hand, In 2020, Dockers played round 1 vs Essendon. then 5 games in a row in Queensland. then 7 games in a row in WA then 4 games in a row in Queensland to finish off the season.

Lol. Fair fixturing benefits all clubs that aren't being pampered by VAFL House. Not just the side who the poster supports mate.

And hopefully over time continued pressure on all fronts will lead to a fair fixture for all. Like I said the 2021 is a hell of a lot more even than previous ones. Just a shame it doesn't happen every year.

It will be interesting how the Tigets go if the fixture runs as published.
Interesting, coz Richmond actually played more games at the g in 2016 when they were awful.
Also that run of 7 games included 3 games against interstate sides (don’t know where we are supposed to play them) and 3 mcg co tenants.
I actually believe the grand final should go to the highest ranked team, but having so many vic sides I don’t see how you intend on forcing travel on vic sides every second week?
Maybe you could take an unbiased view for once too, I can except it’s harder for an interstate team to win at the g on grand final day, but it hasn’t stopped your team or others winning it.
Feels like any premiership that’s won by a vic side should be void coz the afl have manufactured the flag rather than the best side winning on the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You weren’t on the road, you were in a hub like every other team playing the majority of games at a neutral venue..

Hardest season ever lulllzzzzzzzz

hard for Richmond compared to the soft pampered draw they usually get.. doesn’t even compare to a normal eagles season
Richmond had spent the 1st 5 rounds in Victoria: 4 games at the MCG and 1 game at docklands.

Then had most of the rest of the season in Queensland. they had 2 games at Adelaide oval vs the crows and Port and a game vs Essendon in the Northern Territory.

Yes we are fully aware we don’t get undeserved home grand finals
Well I watch the A-league and the higher ranking side host the grand final each year, Would e nice for the AFL to rotate the venue every 4-5 years. But it wont happen sadly.

Hawks played 1 home game at our home ground. And one away game at our home ground.

How about WCE ? How many home games at your home ground and how many away games at your home ground ?
Freo had round 1 vs Essendon at Docklands. Then spent rounds 2-6 in a queensland hub. Then had 7 games in its home state in WA. Then spent the last 4 games at the season in a queensland hub.

West coast spent round 1 in WA vs the demons. Like Freo had rounds 2-6 in a queensland hub. had 7 games in a Row in WA, then the last 4 games of the season in a Queensland hub.

I don't know why you're so desperate to make this thread about Richmond, but I'll humour you:
Richmond have played Geelong in Geelong this century more often than Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and Hawthorn combined.
Just like Geelong, Richmond don't get to play all of their home games at their home ground.
So again I ask, like Geelong, should Richmond also be allowed to play all of their home games at their home ground?

I'll completely understand if cognitive dissonance prevents you from answering.

Interesting, coz Richmond actually played more games at the g in 2016 when they were awful.
Also that run of 7 games included 3 games against interstate sides (don’t know where we are supposed to play them) and 3 mcg co tenants.
I actually believe the grand final should go to the highest ranked team, but having so many vic sides I don’t see how you intend on forcing travel on vic sides every second week?
Maybe you could take an unbiased view for once too, I can except it’s harder for an interstate team to win at the g on grand final day, but it hasn’t stopped your team or others winning it.
Feels like any premiership that’s won by a vic side should be void coz the afl have manufactured the flag rather than the best side winning on the day.

I have no intentions to go in a Poxy war between the Richmond fans and West coast fans.

People Brought up that Richmond won the 2019 flag partly because they had a fixture of 7 games in a Row leading up to the finals. Richmond were good enough to take that Advantage. If Richmond choked and lost 2-3 of those games and Bundled out in the Prelims or Semi finals, it wouldnt of been borught up or talked about. To me Richmond did nothing wrong or Illegal. Lets put that on record. It did give Richmond a small advantage in a small way that they didnt have to travel. Some people claimed Richmond were kissed on the dick in 2019.

If you want rigged outcomes, Watch a game between Bulldogs vs Crows in 2016 at docklands when umpire Troy Pannell handed out 18 free kicks. 17 of them was given to the dogs. Only 1 was given to the crows.

Yet 10 years ago Collingwood won the 2010 flag. They too played their last 7 games of the regular season all at the MCG in the lead up to finals. Collingwood won 6 out of those 7 remaining games of the season. That loss was in round 22 vs the hawks by 3 points.

I have Posted this before and will post it Again. And Fellow poster Grin has agreed on my post many times on this....

Non-Vic sides have an advantages and Disadvantages.

Going to mention West coast as an example. West coast has the home ground advantage in Perth. 12 home state games and 10 away game outsid eof WA.. Hell Prior to 2010 when it was a 16 team comp. A team like west coast could get 11 wins and get 8th spot. So thats 9 or 10 wins at home and 1 or 2 away sides vs bottom 4 teams.

West coast finish 8th in 2002 with 11 wins. their 2 away wins was vs bottom placed Carlton, at optus oval by a point. the other away win was in the final game of the season vs North in Canberra by 3 goals.

West coast dont have competition for local WAFL talent, only Freo. And half the time freo dont use 1st rounders on Gun WA kids.

West coast biggest disadvantage is winning the grand final. Its hard for them to beat a vic side. Some times they have to be lucky to face a non-vic team like they did vs the Swans in 2005-6.

Now on the other side of the coin. Victorian sides have their advantages and disadvantages too.

Lets look at Richmond for example.

Yeah the Advantage is the MCG but your team has to been good enough to take advantage of that. Richmond shares the MCG with 4-6 other teams. Richmond only has the Home ground advantage vs 8 of the other 17 teams and thats the 2 teams from SA, WA, NSW and Queensland. So yeah Richmond won the 2017 and 2019 flags beating 2 non-vic sides.

Now lets look at a Major disadvantage richmond has. If Richmond wants local quality talent, they have to fight among 9 other victorian sides. Looking at Richmonds best Victorian players.... Cotchin and Martin were both taken very early in their draft years. Both were top 5 picks when they were picked up. A team like richmond cant get 2-4 elite Vic players in 1 draft unless they draft well.

Kennedy is 33 and will be 34 in August. Hopefully he's still good for 40-50 goals but I'm not sure WC should be putting all the eggs in that basket. It's probably time for Darling to be the main man and Allen to chip in regularly.

I understand why Richmond fans will never agree

You would never see a scheduled 7 in a row at our home ground

The VFL would simply not allow such a thing to influence a non Victorian team
Correct, you’d never see it because in order to accomodate it you’d be travelling for 11/15 of the remaining games. And you’d sook it right up. Generally non-Victorian teams alternate home and away to prevent back to back travel, while it doesn’t matter so much for Victorian teams who spend much of the season playing neutral games.

Correct, you’d never see it because in order to accomodate it you’d be travelling for 11/15 of the remaining games. And you’d sook it right up. Generally non-Victorian teams alternate home and away to prevent back to back travel, while it doesn’t matter so much for Victorian teams who spend much of the season playing neutral games.
The answer is the Victorian teams should travel more

How do you propose that is done? Every team gets 11 home games, 11 away games, plays every team at least once and no more than twice.
And make sure every team gets exposure to the MCG like we always hear about. Go.
All the interstate clubs in the middle of MCG games so 7 games at the same venue to set up a flag doesn't happen again

All the interstate clubs in the middle of MCG games so 7 games at the same venue to set up a flag doesn't happen again
So you've got every victorian team travelling 8 times to play non-Victorian teams. That's 10 out of 11 home games for each non Victorian team, leaving 1 home game each (8 games total) for every match ups between non-Victorian clubs. That's not enough for all of them to meet, so that option is out.

So you've got every victorian team travelling 8 times to play non-Victorian teams. That's 10 out of 11 home games for each non Victorian team, leaving 1 home game each (8 games total) for every match ups between non-Victorian clubs. That's not enough for all of them to meet, so that option is out.
Option is out because it doesn't give victorian teams an advantage like the 2016 bulldogs and 2019 tigers gift

Remove this Banner Ad

Back