WEST COAST

B:
S.Hurn 25 T.Barrass 37 T.Cole 28
HB: L.Duggan 14 J.McGovern 20 J.Hunt 5
C: A.Gaff 3 T.Kelly 11 D.Sheed 4
HF: X.O'Neill 24 J.Waterman 2 J.Cripps 15
F: L.Ryan 1 O.Allen 12 J.Jones 31
Foll: B.Williams 32 E.Yeo 6 L.Shuey - C 13
I/C: R.Ginbey 7 E.Hewett 8 C.Chesser 18 J.Petruccelle 21 A.Witherden 23 J.Rotham 35 G.Clark 39 C.Jamieson 40

Emerg: S.Petrevski-Seton 10 C.West 36 H.Edwards 42 N.Long 44

Notable absentees: Nic Naitanui, Jack Darling, Jai Culley, Sam Petrevski-Seton

ADELAIDE

B:
J.Butts 41 T.Doedee 39 P.Parnell 37
HB: J.Dawson - C 12 N.Murray 28 B.Smith 33
C: M.Hinge 20 R.Laird 29 R.Sloane 9
HF: L.Pedlar 10 J.Rachele 8 B.Keays 2
F: I.Rankine 22 T.Walker 13 D.Fogarty 32
Foll: R.O'Brien 43 S.Berry 3 J.Soligo 14
I/C: W.Hamill 17 E.Himmelberg 34 M.Michalanney 16 H.Schoenberg 26 T.Brown 21 S.McAdam 23 R.Thilthorpe 7 M.Crouch 5

Emerg: L.Murphy 4 J.Borlase 35 N.McHenry 25 C.Jones 1

Notable absentees: Jackson Hately, Lachlan Murphy, Lachlan Sholl, Ned McHenry, Wayne Milera

Last edited:

Didn't Simmo say in his presser that this is mostly the squad for rnd 1? The guys on the interchange would be fighting for spots.

Looks about as good as it's going to get, with Darling hopefully fit in time to bump Waterman out.

Some notes from Simmo’s presser today:
  • Ginbey toe complaint was very minor. He will start the game against Adelaide tomorrow, ‘Hasn’t put a foot wrong’ in the pre-season
  • Hewett not ready for a full game, will come on in the second half
  • Chesser to play full game
  • JD will likely be right for R1 or R2, has ticked all the boxes
  • Shuey to be on restricted minutes, will play a half

Re Hewett - It would seem he remains doubtful for a R1 debut as we’ve heard this a bunch. Place for him on extended interchange this week though

Also no mention of any reason Culley, Hough, Long not getting a gig this week. I’m hoping those guys that all got minutes last week are just being managed for minor reasons and are still in line for possible R1 spots

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tweet gone, here’s the team that was listed View attachment 1619422

Naitanui and Darling come into that side when fit

Which means there’s 6 players to be taken out of that 26 when looking at a best 22

Also missing from the 26 are the emergencies (SPS, West, HEdwards, Long) plus

LEdwards
Hough
Winder
Trew
Foley
Bazzo
Culley

Who could all lay claim to a spot with a decent run of form

There’s also Dewar, Baker, Burgiel, Barnett and JWilliams on the list

Healthy competition for spots

Why is Hough getting the short end of the stick this preseason?

I guess if he's under an injury cloud at least we can expect some open and honest communication from the club about it.

Why is Hough getting the short end of the stick this preseason?

I guess if he's under an injury cloud at least we can expect some open and honest communication from the club about it.
Pecking order I'm guessing. Cole, Duggan and Hunt in the defence. A number of midfielders in front of him. He will be fine though.

Pecking order I'm guessing. Cole, Duggan and Hunt in the defence. A number of midfielders in front of him. He will be fine though.
This is largely a developmental year. Not going to have much patience with the credits crew.

Reckon hough and Hewett might be the two blokes that play a bit as sub in the early part of the season

I find it hard to believe Culley has just been left out of the 26 man squad altogether based on form.

He pretty much started on ball last week against Port and prior to that his preseason had been talked up internally as being a standout. To me it seemed like he was a lock for Round 1.

I know he was a little quiet against Port but he did kick a goal and only played half of the televised match. Surely there's some sort of niggle that's keeping him out.

If we did leave him out, would we really name a guy like Connor West or Petrevski-Seton on the emergency list ahead of him?

Strong looking team. Some players missing I was hoping would play (Culley and Hough) but they could be rested/have reasons they didnt get picked but are hopefully in the mix for Round 1.

Bit concerning that Nic seems to be carrying something already, hope Bailey & Jamo can both build on last year. Also tad worried that Shuey is on reduced minutes. Can see them picking him rather than letting him getting any niggle right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back