Game Day West Coast vs Sydney, Carrara Stadium- This Fixture May Self Destruct If Not Properly Stored

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm worried how much energy we would've used this quarter for not enough advantage. There's been so many swings in games with teams not being as fit as normal.

Nic Nat has a big rest late third, and almost single handedly won us the territory battle for the first 10m of that quarter. If he comes in fresh, we’re away.

Young blokes have been given some leash to play with and surprise, surprise we look way more dynamic.

Gaff's ball use is a horror show but this tackle mad campaigner is OK
Not a surprise only 13 possessions from him and WC look best they have in months

Ironically our midfield improved once our best midfielder was out of the game.

1000% improvement on effort, pressure and intensity.

It’s almost like selecting one mid too many has thrown our rotation right off and getting the number right is a huge boost.

We’re not better without Shuey but we’re better with the right amount of mids.

It’s almost like selecting one mid too many has thrown our rotation right off and getting the number right is a huge boost.

Thats the exact reason. If DV was fit and rioli didnt freak out we would have the perfect midfield balance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

let's be realistic , a good effort so far, but Sydney are without a ruckman and are not much better than us, but i'll still take a win if it comes.

To me this game isn’t about saying we’re back, it’s about getting a win, getting the s**t momentum out of our system, keeping the season alive and just ticking off wins until we get back to WA.

Yes like Collingwood when Beams came, it threw the balance off.

Half forward flank Shuey would work well I think.

Last edited:
let's be realistic , a good effort so far, but Sydney are without a ruckman and are not much better than us, but i'll still take a win if it comes.
They've been atrocious, and their skill & decision making errors have made our life very easy. There's much more incentive to hunt a team playing this poorly.

But I'll take it! This team's whole persona is different right now. I'm even sensing some ... dare I say it ... arrogance about some of our play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back