AFLW West Coast Women 2021 - Discussion

How many wins in 2021?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big changes afoot.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. First issue for clubs like Richmond is getting Conti to commit to footy.

No more dual athlete for her.

She is doing well in basketball, and a pro US career could be 150k +. On the other hand, it's starting to look like the complete deals for the top players in AFLW are 100k +.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Priority picks in round 2 and 3 for us... missed out on getting the second in the WA draft, but from what others have said this will still be great help.

https://womens.afl/news/72212
It will but one & two would have been much better.

Interesting to see how we go now.

So this gives us 1, 3,4, 6,7, in WA, or is my counting incorrect?

Who would we be looking at in WA. Aside from the top handful, I am not up on the prospects.

Ok, so I am over my disappointment

We have

1, 3, 4, 6 & 7 from WA pool correct.

Franklin/Rowley obvious 1&2

Other options

Sarah Lakay 186cm RUCK

Dana East MID

Makaela Tuhakaraina FOR

Beth Schilling DEF

Lauren Wakfer DEF/RUCK

Charlotte Thomas MID

View attachment 1127128
I initially read this as meaning we can’t trade any of our first five picks 😬

But I think it means picks 1 to 5 (which happen to be held by the five clubs receiving priority picks) can’t be traded.
And I am happy with that

The youth coming through is far, far better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whos the better pick? Rowley or Franklin?I've not seen either of them play so hoping somebody who has can help me out here.

Do we go for needs or just pick the better player?

Whos the better pick? Rowley or Franklin?I've not seen either of them play so hoping somebody who has can help me out here.

Do we go for needs or just pick the better player?
Franklin is a tall forward that can switch back.

Strong mark, quick, can kick 40-45

She's my choice, maybe also knowing here personally through WP has me rose coloured a tad.

Rowley is a good outside mid, that would compliment Lewis and Bowen nicely, good hands in tight, decnet kick up to 35-40

I think we have to go for the tall here

You’ve now been give 5 out of the top 7 picks, think you’re list managers will be pretty happy with that.
We have to go to the draft with at least 3 picks, not sure the 8th pick in the WA draft will be better than anyone we delist.

She's my choice, maybe also knowing here personally through WP has me rose coloured a tad.

Rowley is a good outside mid, that would compliment Lewis and Bowen nicely, good hands in tight, decnet kick up to 35-40

I haven't seen much of Franklin, but in the games I have seen, she has struggled to get near it. We are talking 1 or 2 possessions. We do need a tall, but we also need a player who reliably contributes.

I was hoping to see Franklin in the 18s carnival, but didn't.

Franklin sounds like the sort of player we need.We are lacking a target inside 50.I like that she can switch back as well.Sounds like an easy decision for me.

Thanks for g he info btw

Ok, so I am over my disappointment

We have

1, 3, 4, 6 & 7 from WA pool correct.

Franklin/Rowley obvious 1&2

Other options

Sarah Lakay 186cm RUCK

Dana East MID

Makaela Tuhakaraina FOR

Beth Schilling DEF

Lauren Wakfer DEF/RUCK

Charlotte Thomas MID
Wakfer is a gun, but she's born 2004, so next year. Hopefully we'll get her then, after Ella Roberts.

Has to be Franklin at 1 for us, she's been quiet in WAFLW lately but watching her games, the delivery to her has been awful. The AFLW might come as a relief just to play with people who can actually hit her on a lead.

Rowley's terrific, but we've a) got lots of players similar to her already, and b) can now get Dana East if we want another one, who might be nearly as good (only been playing two years, nearly the best in the WAFLW this year).

I'd go Franklin at 1, Charlie Thomas at 3, then East at 4. Thomas is 175cm, so could slot in forward or back, which we desperately need, especially now that Port is entering the competition soon and probably most or all of our South Australians will go home when it happens. And Bowen, Lewis, Hooker, Swanson, McCarthy, East could turn into a crazy good midfield.

Lackay I think is too slow., probably Schilling too, Tuhakaraina is definitely worth a later pick for us or Freo. If we get Roberts and Wakfer next year, could get exciting.

Big changes afoot.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. First issue for clubs like Richmond is getting Conti to commit to footy.

No more dual athlete for her.

She is doing well in basketball, and a pro US career could be 150k +. On the other hand, it's starting to look like the complete deals for the top players in AFLW are 100k +.

But with football, she could have a post-sport career in her home country, in anything from coaching to commentary. And that career wouldn't be limited to the women's game, like it would be in American basketball.

I haven't seen much of Franklin, but in the games I have seen, she has struggled to get near it. We are talking 1 or 2 possessions. We do need a tall, but we also need a player who reliably contributes.

I was hoping to see Franklin in the 18s carnival, but didn't.

The last Claremont game I saw, the deliveries to Franklin would go grass, grass, out of bounds on the full, straight to defender, helicopter shank, etc. I also think her coaches have been pretty ordinary at times, in the U19 game they were playing her in defence (which Biggie says she hates), other times she's been stuck so deep in the forward fifty she barely sees the ball at all.

She needs to be used as a mobile forward who gets high up the ground and runs, Gemma Houghton style. It just so happens that that's exactly Daniel Pratt's coaching style. And she'd have the three Irish girls about her, who look like they're all starting to play forward with our midfield so crowded, and I reckon she'd learn a few things from them about how to use her speed in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back