Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

My call with Slape is he will be cleared and then go to another WBFL club in 2013. Could be under Ransom at West. Then Ransom gets an offer to coach East in 2014 that is too good to refuse and he takes all the ex Easties back with him and they finish 4th.

That would have to entail a job as well as his employer is a westie and his boss is the vice captain at west.
Latest rumour at south is that simon berkfield isn't too happy. Wanted some $$$ and the club said no
Heard the saints have a few more recruits in the mix if they're successful the ladder could look as follows

North
East
Millicent
South
Portland
West
Imps
Hamilton
Casterton

That would have to entail a job as well as his employer is a westie and his boss is the vice captain at west.
Latest rumour at south is that simon berkfield isn't too happy. Wanted some $$$ and the club said no
Heard the saints have a few more recruits in the mix if they're successful the ladder could look as follows

North
East
Millicent
South
Portland
West
Imps
Hamilton
Casterton

I get the vibe that Berkefeld is never happy. The 2 brothers were shopping themselves around big time last year.

Big call on the Saints. Someone from the Burr reckons they got about 4 of their best but those 2 from Adelaide and a couple more and you never know.
I see South as a bit of a smokey. Going along quietly.

I get the vibe that Berkefeld is never happy. The 2 brothers were shopping themselves around big time last year.

Big call on the Saints. Someone from the Burr reckons they got about 4 of their best but those 2 from Adelaide and a couple more and you never know.
I see South as a bit of a smokey. Going along quietly.

The saints have replaced their losses except for matt bryant who leaves a big hole in defence so match ups with mcconnel, capewell and hansen (if he s staying) will be a problem. The saints will be fielding a very quick running side this year. Milera will be a very handy forward and reports are the club hasnt finished recruiting

The saints have replaced their losses except for matt bryant who leaves a big hole in defence so match ups with mcconnel, capewell and hansen (if he s staying) will be a problem. The saints will be fielding a very quick running side this year. Milera will be a very handy forward and reports are the club hasnt finished recruiting

If you can defeat the evil empire in the 1st round. Well that would make my day.

Anybody up with the points system that I thought was being introduced this year?
After looking on the WBFL web site and seeing the recruits going to certain clubs I'm wondering if it was just a rumour.

Who have hamilton signed for them to improve so much. Everyone has written west of already, for a team that beat south by over 100 points in the last home n away game and won comfortably against north which should have been blown out by more if only they could kick straight. They may have lost a few but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few signings in the new year from ceduna Adelaide way.

Where are these players from adelaide/ceduna signing for west. The saints have picked up a couple from the adelaide/ceduna way...perhaps the same players u were talking about?

Where are these players from adelaide/ceduna signing for west. The saints have picked up a couple from the adelaide/ceduna way...perhaps the same players u were talking about?

They're from ceduna way, with experience in Adelaide! Might hear a bit more in a few weeks with a couple of other names. Heard Childs said to clear Carl slape, bur kitschke east president won't clear him and has apparently lost a lot of work from up that way. Elastoplast cup to be played at casterton but no netball due to tennis finals? Not the smartest move by the league!

They're from ceduna way, with experience in Adelaide! Might hear a bit more in a few weeks with a couple of other names. Heard Childs said to clear Carl slape, bur kitschke east president won't clear him and has apparently lost a lot of work from up that way. Elastoplast cup to be played at casterton but no netball due to tennis finals? Not the smartest move by the league!

Yeah I believe Kitschke runs a livestock transport business. Any news out of hamilton ..... Still no clearances for brad thomas or any new recruits. Heard the saints wont field a under 18's this year due to players filling senior spots.

Yeah I believe Kitschke runs a livestock transport business. Any news out of hamilton ..... Still no clearances for brad thomas or any new recruits. Heard the saints wont field a under 18's this year due to players filling senior spots.

I think the option to field a under 18's side was there but it would've required kids playing 2 games of footy in a day. A positive for the club is they have expanded their under 12's from 12 to 70 players in just a few years and hopefully still growing. I believe they are fielding 3 under 12's sides for the first time in the clubs history.

Someone was talking to Hamilton's president and apparently their coach is bringing a few good ones from Adelaide and so lookout. Definate top 5 chance so he says.(even premiership)

Points system is definately in this year. All clubs starting with 15. If a player comes from a higher league such as SANFL or even hampden then its 5 points.
1 point from a minor league and no points if from WBFL.
I think its 2 points if same standard league.
A lot clubs can still be alright because any player that has played u 18s for that club is -1 point. Doesnt matter how old the player is now as long as at some stage he played u 18s for the club then its still -1.
Should help the Vics with there tradional super strong u 18s.

Any early predictions for the 2012 (and maybe final) season of WBFL?
I'll have a go...

West
North
East
South
Millicent
Portland
Hamilton
Imps
Casterton

Premiers - North
R/up - West
Medal - England

Hopefully the league isn't so SA dominated, but early on it looks as though this may be the case. Doesn't seem to me too many coming in to the VIC sides at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who r the casterton boys going to play for in the MSEFL? my mail says it might be tantanoola .

Matt killey and another bloke Blake going to Kongorong nd Chris Perry to Tantanoola. Looks like casterton could be having yet another hard year with those players leaving a's well as Brent Howard to South and Vassal not returning!

Talking to some North people and they are extremely happy with their recruit O grady from Glenelg . Reckon that will give them plenty of gun midfielders.Not sure what position the guy from Naracoorte plays but they rekon he would be in their top 5.

Rumour has it Hamilton are struggling for cash after they spilt out the big bucks to yours truly Gareth 'moneybags' Crawford.

Old Collegians offered him $20k to stay but he said hamilton were paying more, pretty keen on buying a share in the Attic to is the rumour...

Any early predictions for the 2012 (and maybe final) season of WBFL?
I'll have a go...

West
North
East
South
Millicent
Portland
Hamilton
Imps
Casterton

Premiers - North
R/up - West
Medal - England

Hopefully the league isn't so SA dominated, but early on it looks as though this may be the case. Doesn't seem to me too many coming in to the VIC sides at this stage.

Honestly cant see west being up there but in regards to the wbfl comment for those who dont know the vcfl/sacfl had a meeting about 12 months ago to look at bringing 2 clubs into the league!!!

Talking to some North people and they are extremely happy with their recruit O grady from Glenelg . Reckon that will give them plenty of gun midfielders.Not sure what position the guy from Naracoorte plays but they rekon he would be in their top 5.

Leigh Symons I assume you're talking about. Why is this guy getting talked up so much??? He played reserves in the kntfl and now all of a sudden he is a top 5 player at north and has yet played a game with them. The only league medal he won was in the whyalla league. How does that league compare to wbfl level???

Leigh Symons I assume you're talking about. Why is this guy getting talked up so much??? He played reserves in the kntfl and now all of a sudden he is a top 5 player at north and has yet played a game with them. The only league medal he won was in the whyalla league. How does that league compare to wbfl level???

Didn't realize he was playing reserves. Must be more to it, surely?? As for whyalla you have a town the size of the Mount with no surrounding population and I think 6 teams share a couple of ovals and just play each other. Still to win a medal you'd think he could play.

Symons can play.Won Whyalla Mail Medal.Was BOG in Naracoorte's A Grade 2010 premiership(won medal)but had a falling out with new coach(Woosnam).Ended up playing ressies for last part of 2012,still won BOG medal in reserves Grand Final.Was never going to be at Naracoorte this year and took up North's offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back