Western Border Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate you obviously have no knowledge of the wbfl, this is the third time imperials have applied to leave this league, if the sa clubs havent worked it out yet, all vic teams take great pride and care to look after there under 18 teams, so that they will play senior footy with the various clubs. Have a look at the history of the under 18 comp, how many sa under 18 teams have one a premiership? all the sa teams talk about going to u17\u19 comps. well the vcfl have a very successful TAC comp that is under 18, so that is a major problem. Obviously footy sa and vcfl going in different directions! i know which side i would want to be on.

Writing is on the wall for WBFL, 2 options, be proactive or be reactive!!!!!
I have been reading with interest over the last couple of days this under 18 debate since coming back from holidays and I noticed that you are saying how well the Vics look after your Under 18`S which I find interesting as the Victorian side of the WBFL has a permit system which allows them to get permits for players from other leagues to play for them which the SA sides can`t (as there is no such rule as minor leagues in SA) they can only use the registered club players of their Under16`s. The Vic clubs also insure that they use this system to there advantage and ensure that they can pick the best players form the other leagues and qualify them for the finals and use them at the expense of others, what I would call local players who have supported the clubs. As it is win at all costs and in 2001 Millicent won using local players as there opponent had 4 permit players playing and in 2003 when North Gambier won also using local players there opponent played 5 permit players (I know this as my grandson was one who was dropped for one of them after playing nearly every game) and being an ex Vic you are right I know who does look after and develops there Under 18`s

I have been reading with interest over the last couple of days this under 18 debate since coming back from holidays and I noticed that you are saying how well the Vics look after your Under 18`S which I find interesting as the Victorian side of the WBFL has a permit system which allows them to get permits for players from other leagues to play for them which the SA sides can`t (as there is no such rule as minor leagues in SA) they can only use the registered club players of their Under16`s. The Vic clubs also insure that they use this system to there advantage and ensure that they can pick the best players form the other leagues and qualify them for the finals and use them at the expense of others, what I would call local players who have supported the clubs. As it is win at all costs and in 2001 Millicent won using local players as there opponent had 4 permit players playing and in 2003 when North Gambier won also using local players there opponent played 5 permit players (I know this as my grandson was one who was dropped for one of them after playing nearly every game) and being an ex Vic you are right I know who does look after and develops there Under 18`s

Thankyou Past it. I also call it unfair advantage. Which is a polite way of saying cheating.

Too much spare time and not enough punctuation... go back to school FOOL!

Anyhow, to the important stuff. my trifecta's a bit buggered (Vultures/Imp's/Skye).. thanks 5 time.

Now I'm just goin the double.. $55 Imps into Skye.. should get me 11 to 1 you'd think.

By the way, new to this thread.

Just wondering if a friend of mine is playing.

The bloke talks himself up, always has done since we were kids playing for aberferldy. Carn't shut the carnt up!
Just want to see if he's getting a kick that's all! Do you know him?
He goes by the name of Darren... (and NO that's not Sheehan for all you Warnambool folk)

Anyhow, to the important stuff. my trifecta's a bit buggered (Vultures/Imp's/Skye).. thanks 5 time.

Now I'm just goin the double.. $55 Imps into Skye.. should get me 11 to 1 you'd think.

The bloke talks himself up, always has done since we were kids playing for aberferldy. Carn't shut the carnt up!
He goes by the name of Darren... (and NO that's not Sheehan for all you Warnambool folk)

I think you should go back to school CAT. Carn't is actually spelt Can't...practice what you preach. Smart arses like you piss me off.

Thankyou Past it. I also call it unfair advantage. Which is a polite way of saying cheating.

Bit harsh calling it cheating when Imps and Hamilton have about 40 kids each at pre season training. They make sure no-one misses out on a game by sending them out to Dunkeld, Penshurst etc. I think it would be more unfair if they didn't clear anyone out to the 'bush' and kids were missing out on games.

And yes i do know this for a fact as i am involved at Imps.

Enough of the spell check and blame games...
Who's going to win this week?
South v East? Imps v Ham?
Two cracking games with not much in either.

South knocked off East last time around when Copping turned it on. My money is on Copping to do the same again, so South to win. Hamilton seems to have dropped off a little with a couple of injuries and Imps seem the stronger at this stage. Hamilton will need to dominate the midfield and starve the Imps forwards to win, but I don't see that happening. Huge crowd at Melville Oval for this one, especially with Imps winning by only 1 point last time.

Bit harsh calling it cheating when Imps and Hamilton have about 40 kids each at pre season training. They make sure no-one misses out on a game by sending them out to Dunkeld, Penshurst etc. I think it would be more unfair if they didn't clear anyone out to the 'bush' and kids were missing out on games.

And yes i do know this for a fact as i am involved at Imps.
I agree that the word cheating is harsh and incorrect and my comments were about the advantage of the permit system in one state. And yes you might clear players out to other leagues but you are still allowed to bring them back under the permit system plus any others you might identify as potential players for your club. This advantage is not available for the S.A. clubs because once the player has been cleared to another league he can not come back and play for the WBFL club that he was cleared from. But unlike in Vic under the permit system they can and some clubs us it to there advantage during finals at the expense of players who have played for them most of the year. And I was not isolating Imps or Hamilton it is the system I was refering to, and the system won`t change as the Vic clubs don`t won`t it to. All the best for your club in the finals

My appologies for my grammar as I am 63 years old and did not have a high level of education as obviously you have, I think you might be a maths teacher as you seem to have plenty of time on your hands to work out betting odds and like correcting peoples grammar. And yes I am an OLD FOOL

I agree that the word cheating is harsh and incorrect and my comments were about the advantage of the permit system in one state. And yes you might clear players out to other leagues but you are still allowed to bring them back under the permit system plus any others you might identify as potential players for your club. This advantage is not available for the S.A. clubs because once the player has been cleared to another league he can not come back and play for the WBFL club that he was cleared from. But unlike in Vic under the permit system they can and some clubs us it to there advantage during finals at the expense of players who have played for them most of the year. And I was not isolating Imps or Hamilton it is the system I was refering to, and the system won`t change as the Vic clubs don`t won`t it to. All the best for your club in the finals

what a load of crap this entire thirds talk is
if you say the vic clubs have an advantage by getting permit players then surely it is an advantage for the sa clubs to have kids in their system for a longer period of time
is it an advantage to have permit players (98% of them are under16 players) not train with your club or have anything to do with your club or is it an advantage for your club to have 3 junior teams and have the ability to coach and teach a certain system to these kids for a long period of time.
Currently imps and hamilton cant do this so i ask, is it an advantage to have a couple of under 16 kids play a few games or is it an advantage to have the ability to coach and teach the same system into players over a long period of time like the sa clubs do?
i know which scenario i would like for my club

Two cracking games with not much in either.

South knocked off East last time around when Copping turned it on. My money is on Copping to do the same again, so South to win. Hamilton seems to have dropped off a little with a couple of injuries and Imps seem the stronger at this stage. Hamilton will need to dominate the midfield and starve the Imps forwards to win, but I don't see that happening. Huge crowd at Melville Oval for this one, especially with Imps winning by only 1 point last time.

Agree with everything there mate. Shld be big crowd in Hamilton this weekend. Are imps relying too much on the ewing boys? Better defence in finals, if they get shut down who's going to kick imps' goals?

Agree with everything there mate. Shld be big crowd in Hamilton this weekend. Are imps relying too much on the ewing boys? Better defence in finals, if they get shut down who's going to kick imps' goals?

Should be a ripper game tomorrow - 28 years i think since these two sides have met in a final (i think) - hard to believe. Ewing boys obviously very good players, but still have Cooper, Keilar, Waldron, Darroch etc. I just reckon Imps may be a bit too experienced - hope so anyway.

Interesting to see the other game as an Imps follower. They are the only two teams that Imps haven't beaten this year. On last weeks game i would have to say East will win, but the old heads of Ryan, Sims, Salmon could get them over the line - been there done that.

Would have to say that G.Ewing will give England a run for his money in the league medal. He just won the Imps B&F by about 60 votes - he is a good player, would take a big effort to stop him tomorrow - worth paying the money just to watch him.

A very good weekend of football. Should be interesting to see the two hamiltons clash. Would love for Hamilton to get over the line this time as the barely went down last time to the Imps. ( should i remember correctly )

Ditto SwanDog. G.Ewing is an amazing player and i would love to see these two ( M.England ) go the distance in the league count. Other names to poll could be Merret, Imbi, Ryan, Copping.

Portland V South - Grand Final prediction. Anyone like to go out and have a punt?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very good weekend of football. Should be interesting to see the two hamiltons clash. Would love for Hamilton to get over the line this time as the barely went down last time to the Imps. ( should i remember correctly )

Ditto SwanDog. G.Ewing is an amazing player and i would love to see these two ( M.England ) go the distance in the league count. Other names to poll could be Merret, Imbi, Ryan, Copping.

Portland V South - Grand Final prediction. Anyone like to go out and have a punt?
Ewing,England,copping for medal.Merrett the most over-rated player in comp.Only one that rates adam merrett is adam merrett!!!!!!!!!!!. Imps and Portland for g/f

Did Hamilton do it again. Have more shots against Imps and lose. WBFL site says IMps won by 4 points whereas FootyScores says Hamilton won by 4 points. Which one is correct?

what a load of crap this entire thirds talk is
if you say the vic clubs have an advantage by getting permit players then surely it is an advantage for the sa clubs to have kids in their system for a longer period of time
is it an advantage to have permit players (98% of them are under16 players) not train with your club or have anything to do with your club or is it an advantage for your club to have 3 junior teams and have the ability to coach and teach a certain system to these kids for a long period of time.
Currently imps and hamilton cant do this so i ask, is it an advantage to have a couple of under 16 kids play a few games or is it an advantage to have the ability to coach and teach the same system into players over a long period of time like the sa clubs do?
i know which scenario i would like for my club
Totally agree with your comments up to a certain extent, yes it is an advantage to have players training a certain way. But you figures of 98% under 16 players might be a bit out I think that at least half might be Under 17 by my experience, but that is up for debate. Also your comment on them playing a few games I don`t have a problem with, it is when clubs use this system to stack the side by ensuring that these permit players are qualified to play finals and then use them at the expense of players who have trained and played for the club all year. This debate on the permit system has been going on for years and it won`t change and I personnel wish clubs would not use it at the expense of the kids who put in on the track each week. I thank you for your honest and fair comments and this will be my last word on the subject as I believe enough has been said on the subject and nothing will change.

Not sure what all the permit rules are for all the clubs, but with the Portland and Heywood clubs the permit system with the under-18s in an agreement with the Portland Junior Footy Association only, so the clubs cannot play permit players from, say, the South West even if they are under-16.
In effect, this allows those two teams to effectively have the same system as the Mount clubs, where the Mount sides under-16 players can come up and play under-18s, and I can assure you, no under-18 players at those two clubs get left out at the expense of an under-16 player, unless it is for other reasons, such as discipline or not training.

Did Hamilton do it again. Have more shots against Imps and lose. WBFL site says IMps won by 4 points whereas FootyScores says Hamilton won by 4 points. Which one is correct?

As you would be aware by now - Imps did win by 10 points. Cooper had a shot after the siren and kicked a goal. The score on footy scoreboard Saturday night has to be in by 5.30, and as the game was going so long only an update score was put through (apparently).

While on the subject of game going so long - I think it is ridiculous for the under 18s and reserves to now have time on. It hasn't happened all year so why bring it in now. For those that weren't there - the under 18s came a draw after playing about 30 odd minutes of time on and then had 2 x 5 minute halves plus time on. The reserves who were to start at 12.10pm didn't kick off until 12.50pm therefore putting the main game well and truly behind.

Not sure what happened at Vansitart Park on Sunday - did it run on time? What do people think about bringing time on just into finals?

As you would be aware by now - Imps did win by 10 points. Cooper had a shot after the siren and kicked a goal. The score on footy scoreboard Saturday night has to be in by 5.30, and as the game was going so long only an update score was put through (apparently).

While on the subject of game going so long - I think it is ridiculous for the under 18s and reserves to now have time on. It hasn't happened all year so why bring it in now. For those that weren't there - the under 18s came a draw after playing about 30 odd minutes of time on and then had 2 x 5 minute halves plus time on. The reserves who were to start at 12.10pm didn't kick off until 12.50pm therefore putting the main game well and truly behind.

Not sure what happened at Vansitart Park on Sunday - did it run on time? What do people think about bringing time on just into finals?

We also dont play extra time in the home and away season.
im not sure if it is worth playing time on in the finals, but its fair for all.
the way you are talking they played time on in the extra time, did they play time on in the extra time?
im not sure but i thought it was 5 mins flat

We also dont play extra time in the home and away season.
im not sure if it is worth playing time on in the finals, but its fair for all.
the way you are talking they played time on in the extra time, did they play time on in the extra time?
im not sure but i thought it was 5 mins flat

You heard me correct - time on in extra time. The 5 minute halves went for about 7 1/2 minutes each.

Matt sailor for heywood, wats the verdict . . . . . good or bad?

Sorry for my ignorance - but who is Matt Sailor ?

How is the Heywood ground looking? Last time we were there the boundary was brought in a few metres...... No doubt your club has been busy getting it up to scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back