What are you currently playing?

FIFA 13, I'm not very good, but I swear the difference between Semi-Pro and Professional difficulty is way too big. I win 5-0 on semi-pro and then lose 0-5 on pro. It's crazy.:confused:
Work on defending, timing your tackles and not miss them, also in FIFA 13, long shots are the way to go.

Get your striker one on one with a defender and it's easy to turn them inside out and get one on one with the keeper.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Work on defending, timing your tackles and not miss them, also in FIFA 13, long shots are the way to go.

Get your striker one on one with a defender and it's easy to turn them inside out and get one on one with the keeper.
Yep, defending AI is atrocious in this game, even if it does feel better to play as a whole to 14

Started replaying AC Brotherhood on the weekend but I went and got Far Cry 3 (finally) after work today for $18 at EB Games so I'll put AC on the back burner and start playing Far Cry.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
FIFA 13, I'm not very good, but I swear the difference between Semi-Pro and Professional difficulty is way too big. I win 5-0 on semi-pro and then lose 0-5 on pro. It's crazy.:confused:

I have experienced exactly the same thing the last few FIFA games, stuck between semi pro and pro. Read heaps of tips where people were trying to say defend this, do that sort of play etc and none of it worked. I resigned to the fact that I just sucked. Then recently in UT seasons I have been playing a lot of legendary and world class difficulty opponents and learned real fast that semi pro and pro require a completely different approach to play.

On semi pro the AI full backs hardly challenge and you can nearly always get a well timed through ball out the back. Where as on pro I learned from world class and legendary that the AI full backs will hunt you big time. I found a slower methodical build up was required. Try and suck the defender in and just before he tackles cut in if you have a skillful player or quickly short pass. As for defending I personally found to never select my full backs and let my AI defend because if I miss time a tackle the computer will get a good shot on goal. I box in the opponent instead of trying to steal the ball. I started playing wc/legendary teams really conservatively just for the draw and scoring chances just eventually show up. Now pro is much easier.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I love LA Noire. It has plenty of boring moments and driving is excruciating but generally I thought it was very enjoyable. It's almost impossible to stuff up, the plot is quite linear, so that might be off-putting to some, but it was a different experience in other regards.
I'll be playing through it again some time.

Don Bradman Cricket - have got a good handle of it on pro.... going to build up my confidence a bit more before i amp up the difficulty.
South Park Stick of Truth: Started it last week, only played 9 hours so far according to Steam.
Counter - Strike Global Offensive: I like the arcadey nature of the game, but i miss the classic look Source gave CS :eek:.

arro73

One day...
Sep 30, 2012
QLD
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
DenverBroncos/Tottenham/PittsPens
I have experienced exactly the same thing the last few FIFA games, stuck between semi pro and pro. Read heaps of tips where people were trying to say defend this, do that sort of play etc and none of it worked. I resigned to the fact that I just sucked. Then recently in UT seasons I have been playing a lot of legendary and world class difficulty opponents and learned real fast that semi pro and pro require a completely different approach to play.

On semi pro the AI full backs hardly challenge and you can nearly always get a well timed through ball out the back. Where as on pro I learned from world class and legendary that the AI full backs will hunt you big time. I found a slower methodical build up was required. Try and suck the defender in and just before he tackles cut in if you have a skillful player or quickly short pass. As for defending I personally found to never select my full backs and let my AI defend because if I miss time a tackle the computer will get a good shot on goal. I box in the opponent instead of trying to steal the ball. I started playing wc/legendary teams really conservatively just for the draw and scoring chances just eventually show up. Now pro is much easier.
Thanks man, I'll try some of this out. Hopefully it works!

Jan 11, 2010
Everywhere
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Played a bit of co-op EDF 2017 the other night. Played for about 3 hours and got through about 3% of the game (admittedly we kept trying the highest difficulty for a fair portion and kept dying).

Holy * it's so bad/good.

Back