What are you currently watching?

How bad is this seasons Game of Thrones, just awful. Woeful dialogue like it was written by a 12 year old, boring story lines and characters you don't give a toss about.

Insert jumped the shark GIF here.

Come on, Shakespeare hasn't even been born yet....(in the series that is..)

How can you not like lines like these:

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Where's the other one? The one with the yellow cloak?

Gatins: F*** you!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: These are your last words? "F*** you?" Come on, you can do better.

Gatins: C***!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: You're s**t at dying, you know that?

[kills him] "

lol, love it.

Finally...it's happening...school holidays start after tomorrow, got the time, got the motivation, and at last got a full season on USB from someone who actually delivered instead of just talking...plus I'm a cheap bastard who won't pay for downloads, DVD box sets, cable tv, Quickflix or a computer that doesn't run via a sophisticated system of rubber bands operated by monkeys obtained on the black market...

The Game Of Thrones journey begins...done a spectacular job of being as GOT ignorant as is humanly possible in the western world, but now it's on...

Better be good...it has to be better than Galactica, or I'm going full campaigner on those who've been pushing it...

Finally...it's happening...school holidays start after tomorrow, got the time, got the motivation, and at last got a full season on USB from someone who actually delivered instead of just talking...plus I'm a cheap bastard who won't pay for downloads, DVD box sets, cable tv, Quickflix or a computer that doesn't run via a sophisticated system of rubber bands operated by monkeys obtained on the black market...

The Game Of Thrones journey begins...done a spectacular job of being as GOT ignorant as is humanly possible in the western world, but now it's on...

Better be good...it has to be better than Galactica, or I'm going full campaigner on those who've been pushing it...

Galactica, up until the last half of the last season was stellar. Game of Thrones is great entertainment, but not in the same league as Battlestar, in my opinion.

Sounds like my suspicions, based upon my own self absorbed beliefs and statistically backed by an overwhelmingly large sample of one other person, are about to be proved correct...!

I might revisit this in the future and see if I got it right, but before knowing anything about the story and the way it's handled, my impressions are that it will be male viewer centric because of all the violence and t***ies, and will mix that with a bit of bitchiness and powerplay between the characters, which the chicks love. Galactica was a great mix of politics and social issues blended with robots and spaceships...can't beat that (Starship Troopers - the most criminally underrated sci-fi movie of all time!)...

Actually, on Galactica, for me the lull point was after the Exodus episodes, which were freaking brilliant...how many times could you replay Galactica plunging through the atmosphere and jumping just before it hit the ground. After that, they got a bit slow, and one or two episodes were filler. I did love the last episode ever though...150 000 years ago, mind blowingly cool...

Sounds like my suspicions, based upon my own self absorbed beliefs and statistically backed by an overwhelmingly large sample of one other person, are about to be proved correct...!

I might revisit this in the future and see if I got it right, but before knowing anything about the story and the way it's handled, my impressions are that it will be male viewer centric because of all the violence and t***ies, and will mix that with a bit of bitchiness and powerplay between the characters, which the chicks love. Galactica was a great mix of politics and social issues blended with robots and spaceships...can't beat that (Starship Troopers - the most criminally underrated sci-fi movie of all time!)...
On starship troopers, ever read the book?

I know about it, and once or twice in the past two decades I've meant to hunt it down. Haven't thought about it in years...might make it a mission...

I know about it, and once or twice in the past two decades I've meant to hunt it down. Haven't thought about it in years...might make it a mission...
Read it, was written in 1959, very different from the movie but fantastic and very different in scale.

Looking for some light relief last night after being consumed recently with GOT and Bloodlines S2. Watched a couple of episodes of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmitt. Won't be to everyone's taste, but it made a laugh. Well written offbeat intelligent humour. The rap opening of episode 1 is a ripper.

Looking for some light relief last night after being consumed recently with GOT and Bloodlines S2. Watched a couple of episodes of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmitt. Won't be to everyone's taste, but it made a laugh. Well written offbeat intelligent humour. The rap opening of episode 1 is a ripper.
I found it a fun left field show have watched both seasons.
Just started Orange is the new black season 4 about 10 minutes ago.

flight23

Occupied. On Netflix. About a near future in Europe during an energy crisis and Norway is occupied by Russia.

It's got a great look and feel to it. Enjoying it.

Hey mate will check this out

Finished OJ today, it's as good as advertised

Watched the first 2 episodes of Marcella on Netflix, worth a look

London spy is a trip also on Netflix

Hey mate will check this out

Finished OJ today, it's as good as advertised

Watched the first 2 episodes of Marcella on Netflix, worth a look

London spy is a trip also on Netflix

Yeah, I finished OJ the other night. Great series. Just so much depth to it.

I'll have a look at Marcella and London Spy too. (Have them on my Netflix list.)

I'm trying to find a Norwegian noir show called Øyevitne or Eyewitness.

Some Amercian studio bought up all the rights, including distrribution of the original series, so they can meake their own version.

Therefore there are no versions available with decent subtitles - just the auto-translate crap where you get non-sensical dialgue.

Proving very frustrating.

Come on, Shakespeare hasn't even been born yet....(in the series that is..)

How can you not like lines like these:

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Where's the other one? The one with the yellow cloak?

Gatins: F*** you!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: These are your last words? "F*** you?" Come on, you can do better.

Gatins: C***!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: You're s**t at dying, you know that?

[kills him] "

lol, love it.

Or Bronn to Jamie: "She wants your gold hand up her twat". Concise and pithy.

Read it, was written in 1959, very different from the movie but fantastic and very different in scale.

Instantly thought of the book when Starship Troopers was mentioned. Is actually on the Chief of Army recommended reading list, which surprised me when the only experience I had of Starship Troopers was the movie. The book is outstanding.

Back