What are you listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

That actually is just called Chicago. Chicago Transit Authority was their first album, so there is no Chicago II(2). And I am the only Chicago1. :)

I did not realise until I looked it up a few minutes ago that "25 or 6 to 4" was released as a single 50 years ago this month.

I saw a revised version of the group in the early 2000s when they played in our town at a 4th of July festival.

That actually is just called Chicago. Chicago Transit Authority was their first album, so there is no Chicago II(2). And I am the only Chicago1. :)

I did not realise until I looked it up a few minutes ago that "25 or 6 to 4" was released as a single 50 years ago this month.

I saw a revised version of the group in the early 2000s when they played in our town at a 4th of July festival.
I saw them out here around 79/80 ...

I love tracks 5-12

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One from my vault.

"Chain Live", recorded on (wait for it!) a 2 track machine at Caesar's Palace Sydney, October 1970. It's been at least 30 years since I last listened to it and it held up pretty well.
Pre Matt Taylor years for those interested.

album cover.jpg

Last edited:
They are still goin Cookie !

They are still goin Cookie !

There ya go, Fos! However, they lost the plot bigtime after the Toward The Blues album and never recovered. How a blues band could ever introduce a flute into their makeup bewildered me.
If it's not the "Live" line up, I'm really not that interested.

The liner notes from the CD release make interesting reading.

liner notes.jpg

And for something completely different ......

Malcolm McLaren - Waltz Darling (1989)

Put on headphones, turn it up, and get an aural feast. McLaren was genius.

And for something completely different ......

Malcolm McLaren - Waltz Darling (1989)

Put on headphones, turn it up, and get an aural feast. McLaren was genius.
Hah nice one! Hadn't heard that since it came out. I liked his 'Madame Butterfly' too.

VALE Broderick Smith

We have lost another giant of the Aussie music industry. Thanks for the smile, Brod.

(A Crownie and a durrie)

I got to say a few words to Brod one time when I was working at the then Polaris Inn in Carlton. It was St. Patrick's Day and during his set some drunken Irish guy kept yelling at him '.... [something something] yew Broderick!' And Brod just gave hime the mike and let him have a rant about whatever and came up to the bar for a drink. I said 'They giving you a hard time Brod?' and he said with a grin 'Ah well, it's their night'.

RIP Brod

Remove this Banner Ad

Back