What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, searching for 70s rock bands brought up this so I thought why not...

Do yourself a favour. The above clip will probably change your perception of Sweet if you've not listened to any of their albums. This is not lollypop music. It's also a pretty clean recording for 1974.

And this is for those who like drum solos - excessive, self indulgent and yet, thoroughly entertaining.

" are you ready Steve " ?

Ah ha.

But in my opinion, that performance is pretty decent. Well worth a listen, especially for those who don't realise that Sweet were a capable band.

I watched a doco on them recently and prior to it I never knew that Fox on the Run was the first song they wrote themselves, and what a song it was. It led me to purchase Desolation Boulevard as my first album purchase and showed the world they could break free from the studio’s bubblegum glam stuff.

I watched a doco on them recently and prior to it I never knew that Fox on the Run was the first song they wrote themselves, and what a song it was. It led me to purchase Desolation Boulevard as my first album purchase and showed the world they could break free from the studio’s bubblegum glam stuff.

This is a long, but worthwhile watching interview that speaks to this amongst other things.

I also bought that album and it will still be in my collection somewhere I'm sure - the contrast between the album tracks and the singles was pretty significant.

IMG_20211010_131622.jpg

Damn. I am sure I'm missing at least three Sweet Albums. I know at one stage I got cleaned out by a flatmate and possibly, another time my wife might have dumped some real rubbish as we had over 900 albums on vinyl but I doubt she'd have culled the one's I'm thinking of. The number of records in the spare room are probably half or less than I can remember having in total though so who knows???

Last edited:
View attachment 1257137

Damn. I am sure I'm missing at least three Sweet Albums.
Hmmmm. I worked out that I'm missing four sweet albums.

Some may say that this isn't a tragedy but two were gatefold covers and one was a cover that had a cutout with an inner sleeve that animated the cover image.

And the complete collection is worth more (to me) than part of the collection.

great tune,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i see Mikkey Dee on drums out back, was drumming with the scorps on their last tour between the bushfires and covid. which was awesome,
Phenomenal drummer and pretty nice bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back